[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the founding fathers choose to create the American Republic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1280_hamilton_cast.jpg (821KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280_hamilton_cast.jpg
821KB, 1280x720px
Why did the founding fathers choose to create the American Republic? What was the point? Get rich from the war, exempt yourselves from taxes, gain power - this is so fucking shallow and pointless. With this in mind, they could've just plastered "American" all over the British law and be done with the independence part. Why write the silly Constitution and the Federalist Papers? They're a joke and so are the United States. You could've been so much better off under the British rule, just face it.
>>
>they could've just plastered "American" all over the British law and be done with the independence part.

they tried doing this for years. they didn't want to split and did everything they could not to. but britain was such a fucking cunt about the whole thing they had no choice in the end.
>>
>>3131276
does fighting a useless, frozen war for eight years count for absence of choice?
>>
>What was the point?
To gain independence from Britain and the history of abuses she inflicted upon the colonies.
>Why write the Constitution?
To improve upon the shortcomings of the Articles of Confederation by forming a stronger federal government.
>Why write the Federalist Papers?
To convince people that the Constitution was necessary.
>You couldn't been so much better off under the British rule
The Founding Fathers certainly didn't think so. One of the most important claims against Britain was that they were promoting the needs of England at the expense of America. In other words, making America poor to enrich the parent country. Britain's behavior just before and then during the war did a great job justifying the war.
>>
>>3131293
it was hardly useless being as they won.
>>
>>3131293

>useless

hardly useless since they won. anyway, they did everything they could to avoid that. armed conflict wasn't on any of their minds and they tried to reconcile at every stage:

>In [Franklin's] mind, the issues fueling the colonists’ protests could be redressed if British authorities would respond to their complaints. In this sense, his view of politics reflected colonial practice, in which legislators listened to the petitions of their constituents. As the new decade dawned, he believed that the troubling problems could be solved because it was, as he wrote in his many letters, in the interests of both the British and the colonists to retain their political ties and united political system.
(from "Origins and Ideologies of the American Revolution" lectures by Professor Peter C. Mancall)

but the brits, being led by that insane fuckwit george III, didn't listen. they kept making unjust taxes, killed civilians (boston massacre), and eventually sent in an occupying force to terrorise the population into submission. that left the leaders no choice but to rebel. wouldn't you?
>>
>>3131331
Unjust taxes to pay for the French and Indian War that the colonists started by sperging out. And the Boston "Massacre" was a crowd verbally and then physically attacking and threatening a few soldiers. Anglos are trash but the Founding Fathers were almost all full of shit. Just look at how they "resolved" Shays' Rebellion by force and by placating the merchants.
>>
File: big.jpg (2MB, 1978x6777px) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
2MB, 1978x6777px
I got warned the last time I posted this, but I refuse to believe that it isn't the morally correct thing to do in this situation.
>>
>>3131273
>You could've been so much better off under the British rule, just face it.

how exactly?
>>
>>3131509

>american colonists started english conflict with france

objectively incorrect

>And the Boston "Massacre" was a crowd verbally and then physically attacking and threatening a few soldiers.

>get insults and snowballs thrown at you by children
>kill them
wtf i love redcoats now

>Anglos are trash but the Founding Fathers were almost all full of shit.

i love your blog btw

>Shays' Rebellion is an example of why the revolutionary wars were unjustified
>what is linear time
>>
>>3131273
They were totally okay with being ruled under the King they just didn't want British Parliament to have any say on them. The King refused when they sent him a letter about it because he had no reason to make Parliament angry.
>>
>>3131521
>the state of the """"united kingdom"""""
sad
>>
Great Britain was a force of evil for many centuries.

The US founding fathers just realised it early on.
>>
>>3132867
>le evil meme
>>
>>3132867

Also the British were so butthurt by the Americans gaining independence and the war of 1812–1815, that sought to buy out the US commercially. In fact pro-British side known as the federalists wanted greater economic ties with the British empire and boycotted and tried to stop pro-french revolutionary sentiments that led to the 1798–1800 so called quasi war with France. It took Jefferson getting elected in 1800 to stopping anti-revolutionary activity.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.