[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A nice lady was handing these out in front of the museum. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3119.jpg (453KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3119.jpg
453KB, 720x1280px
A nice lady was handing these out in front of the museum. Should I go? What can I expect?
>How culty are they really compared to say ie the Mormons?
>>
Go for the free food. Listen to what they have to say. Be respectful. If anyone inquires say you are a student studying religion and that it intrigued you. Thank them for their hospitality.
>>
>>3128890
Agree
The people are genuinely nice and the food is good, if you have a real curiosity, go. There is a hare Krishna grouo and Ram temple near me, they love inviting non Hindus who are curious about the religion so they can answer questions and show off what they're all about. I've never been to a Hindu event where they force people into anything, it's a very relaxed religion
>>
hit on qt hippy chicks, if there are none there, eat all their patchouli and bean cakes and leave
>>
>>3128814
Been to one of their temples in India, they behaved quite scummy against me and demanded me to buy some books and donate money. When I 'donated' they reacted kinda angry and demanded more
>>
>>3128890
I don't know, unless OP really has an interest in the subject and goes into it expecting to learn something he would just be taking advantage of their hospitality and using them for free food, it doesn't seem right
>>
Burn their temple and rape their women
>>
>>3128814
Hinduism and Vedantic philosophy is beautiful and undoubtedly as a lot of Truth to it. With that being said, this org in particular is pretty cultish if you get in too deep. But don't let them turn you off from this stuff. Use them as a starting point on your spiritual journey perhaps.
>>
>>3128908
Its probably a community outreach to let the local mundanes know they aren't Muslim, and do not preach terror ideologies. Most sects of Hinduism are non-proselytizing and usually good neighbors.
>>
>>3128947
>ISKCON
>non-proselytizing
L
M
A
O
>>
>>3128814
Golly gee, if only they gave you some form of contact information which would allow you to conduct your own research.

krishnadenver.com is a parked domain, but the founder is pretty well-known:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._C._Bhaktivedanta_Swami_Prabhupada

You can see their building on Maps, looks legit:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@39.7382859,-104.9334664,3a,75y,0.25h,89.19t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s1IvE8x6h_4b3fdR0mdhhAg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D1IvE8x6h_4b3fdR0mdhhAg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D34.06657%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

I'd go, worst case scenario they try and sell you some expensive spiritual retreat. Most likely it's just a community event.
>>
>>3128890
This

If you've never been their food is god tier
>>
>>3128929
>it doesn't seem right
Morals are a spook.
>>
>>3128929
The Hare Krishnas are happy to distribute food

The idea is the food is prasad, or blessed by God, and so simply by eating it one becomes more spiritual whether he is aware of it being blessed or not
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.