[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the US choose to forcibly end segregation? Like, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Why did the US choose to forcibly end segregation?

Like, why did they even consider it a problem?
>>
>>3122089
united we stand, divided we fall
>>
>>3122089
A certain ethno-religious group decided to destroy our country like they always do.
>>
>>3122089
btw I'm not trying to be edgy with this post, just legitimately curious. I know it that it benefitted whites over black people, but why was it actually ended?

Surely it was extremely unpopular.
>>
Not a burger, but from the movies i've seen it's because people protested and minorities complained or something.
>>
>>3122098
White Southerners, yes.
>>
>>3122089
Fuck off
>>3122098
Fuck off
>>3122099
Fuck off
>>
Soviet Union one up man ship I guess? I dunno. A lot of jews were involved I'll tell you that much.
>>
>>3122155
Which side of the Civil War had a Jewish Secretary of State, again?
>>
Separate but equal is inherently unequal.
>>
>>3122098
Yeah. Fuck those new englander Christians.
>>
>>3122089
Protests by humanitarians grew loud and effective enough to influence the majority's opinions, thus convincing legislators to introduce new policies to satisfy their constituents' issues.

It's too bad that happens so rarely today that we've mostly forgotten that's how things are supposed to go.
>>
>>3122098
I agree, but luckily the confederate traitors were thwarted this time
>>
>>3122089
Tankies are retarded and don't understand how much they fuck stuff up.
Oh look I made a single key shift typo..

Funny how easy that is.
>>
>>3122171
Good man. Being Jewish didn't matter, being Southern did. Kinda like these United States' current Secretary of State.
>>
Segregation conflicted with Revolutionary war and Enlightenment ideals at a time when there was a threatening outside power enforcing a strict ideological adherence to the Democratic doctrine. It would most likely have continued without external pressure, as it had after every war in which blacks fought, after every other murder/lynching of an innocent black man, after every other little injustice to even the most respectable black people.
>>
>>3122132
Based anon telling it like it is
>>
>>3122089
>why did the US end an uncivilized system of racial preference that went against the very ideals the nation was founded upon?

>>>/pol/
>>>/the_donald
>>
>>3123411
You do know the founding fathers didn't believe blacks were equal right? "All were created equal" was talking about white men.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.