[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Columbus never realized he didn't land in Asia I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1500420808086.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500420808086.png
249KB, 248x459px
>Columbus never realized he didn't land in Asia
I find this single fact amazing. Just how little did they know about the whole Indian subcontinent? How did they even imagine it looked like?
>>
File: 1448773037392.png (272KB, 817x669px) Image search: [Google]
1448773037392.png
272KB, 817x669px
Better yet, he kept insisting he found Asia even when the rest of the world realized it was new continent

>tfw you blunder yourself into being one of the greatest explorers in history
>>
>>3120098
They probably didn't think it looked much different, since you see Roman emperors and Muslims and such looking no different than Western Europeans in the medieval artworks of Western Euro books.

Pic related, Alp Arslan and Romanus Diogenes after the Battle of Manzikert
>>
>>3120134
Oops
>>
>>3120098
bugs . . lay off the carrots
>>
>>3120098
They considered SEA to be part of India. Considering that Columbus landed on a bunch of islands I don't see it so absurd for him to believe that he was in Indonesia.
>>
File: 1500662156317.jpg (8KB, 144x268px) Image search: [Google]
1500662156317.jpg
8KB, 144x268px
>>3120156
>>
>>3120098
Bugs Bunny, I believe you should stop eating so many carrots.
>>
>>3120098
Died broke too.
>>
He did realise it wasn't asia eventually. But admitting he was wrong would cause him shame so he never did
>>
bugs take it easy on those carrots
>>
>>3120112
>people have a good idea how big the Earth is for hundreds of years
>Columbus shows up
>insists the Earth is much smaller than everyone thinks so he'll go the back way to India
>turned down over and over by nobles much smarter than him, who point out he can't carry enough supplies to reach India unless he enjoys an all-fish diet
>someone finally gives him the go-ahead
>encounters a full fucking continent at almost the exact moment everyone is about to starve to death
Reminder that Luck is the most important stat.
>>
>>3120098
Because he landed in the West Indies when he thought it was the East Indies, he never visited Mexico
>>
>>3120098
bugs... stop consuming those carrots
>>
It is literally impossible to distinguish the west indies from the east indies
>>
>>3120098
also, is it a long-shot to say that the natives he encountered looked Indo-Asian? that seems to be the look of Amerindians today
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.