[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the muslims conquer the whole of Europe? Did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Umayyad Caliphate.png (2MB, 1599x770px) Image search: [Google]
Umayyad Caliphate.png
2MB, 1599x770px
Why didn't the muslims conquer the whole of Europe?
Did they fear the white warrior?
>>
>>3118820
they lost to the franks at tours and to the Byzantines in 2 separate sieges of Constantinople.after that they mainly resorted to launching raids in central anatolia and depopulating the region but never really fully conquering it.
>>
>>3118820
don't respond to this bait thread, I have seen this re-posted over and over
>>
>>3120197
Thanks for bumping it
>>
>>3118820
Most Muslims in the Levant are white. If by White you are referring to the inhabitants of typically paler skinned Europeans then In a way yes they did fear them.

Its actually unironically funny that this true.
Inparticular the expansion of Caliphates under the faith of Islam was halted in areas where typically pale skinned Europeans had the dominate power. For example in Southwest Gaul where the Great Charles "The Hammer" Martel along with combined forces, stopped the expansion into Northern and Central Europe. Where as for the Ottoman Turks in the 15th century, were able to expand into parts of Europe where the Greeks, (known to be a bit more darker in complexion) could not stop the expansion of the forces of Islamic invaders.
>>
>>3118820
why are the lines so long in some of those words?
>>
File: bismD.jpg (164KB, 1203x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bismD.jpg
164KB, 1203x1600px
>>3122900
You know how we have print and cursive? It's kind of like that except there's like a dozen or so different kinds of cursive. Arabs have some weird hard-on for calligraphy and the people in charge were constantly trying to make one style or another the official style.
>>
File: a-boat-diwani-script.jpg (45KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
a-boat-diwani-script.jpg
45KB, 500x285px
>>3122900
I don't know if this ever caught on, but pic related is an example of a writing style that involved creating little drawings out of words. It's supposed to be a boat.
>>
>>3120166
The battle of Tour was just a raid, they didn't tried to rule anything north if spain.
>>
>>3122945
Pretty sure you dont send 50K-60K troops to raid. This was definatly a move to conquer the regions north of Iberia.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.