[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some wars which have been won primarily on the superior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 2014-03-25_00002.jpg (348KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2014-03-25_00002.jpg
348KB, 1366x768px
What are some wars which have been won primarily on the superior industrial might of one side over the other?

The most obvious i can immediately think of are the 2nd World War and the American civil War.
>>
>>3115943
Every European versus native war ever.
>>
File: gulfwar.jpg (615KB, 753x987px) Image search: [Google]
gulfwar.jpg
615KB, 753x987px
The first Gulf War.
>>
>>3115943
Second Sino-Japanese war i'd say
>>
>>3115950
Without question yes but but i guess i mean more serious, larger conflicts.

While we're at it, why did Japan lose WW2?
>>
>>3115957
>Second Sino-Japanese war i'd say
The industrial party in that conflict ground to a stalemate with the poorfaggots they were fighting and then lost when that war joined with WWII.
>>
>>3115958
They never banked on winning the war with conventional means,Pearl Harbor was meant to break US resolve and the japs would get their free reign
>>
>>3115943
punic
>>
File: 1499701603985.png (298KB, 729x443px) Image search: [Google]
1499701603985.png
298KB, 729x443px
>>3115995
how
>>
The Russo- Japanese War is an interesting example. Russia was exiting a feudal farming economy in 1904-5. Japan had recently began trading with the West and amassing a tight, industrialized army. This is also the beginning of Japans imperial quests (this war gave control of Manchuria to the Japanese). The war might not have been as industrially imbalanced as you are asking for, but it is a rare example and I think one can make a case for it.
>>
I've heard that apparently Japan and Italy in WW2 had basically the same industrial capacity and economy.

Kinda shows how shit Italy is at war then
>>
>>3115950
that's the second gulf war, the first gulf war was between iran and iraq
>>
>>3116136
Actually the first gulf war was between Sumer and Elam in 2700 BC
>>
File: Japanese Cavalry.jpg (45KB, 404x216px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Cavalry.jpg
45KB, 404x216px
>>3116057
>this war gave control of Manchuria to the Japanese
No
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Portsmouth
In fact, while Japan was victorious, they were screwed diplomatically because during the negotiations, Russia's diplomat aced the shit out of the Japanese one by managing to convince them to settle for reparations instead of territorial accessions (with the exception of Korea, nobody gave a shit about them.). In addition Russia managed to successfully reach a compomise with Japan over Manchuria by handing it back to Qing China.

In addition, the Powers of Europe, USA, and Qing China backed Russia's position since Japan's expansionism is bad news for all of them.

The First Sino Japanese war and the Ruso-Japanese war are interesting studies on how Imperial Japan was a military power, but a total diplomatic fuckup.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.