[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What historic event makes you want to cry when you read about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: September_11_Photo_Montage.jpg (268KB, 743x1280px) Image search: [Google]
September_11_Photo_Montage.jpg
268KB, 743x1280px
What historic event makes you want to cry when you read about it? Im not even American but when I read about 9/11 I have to hold back tears.
>>
>>3115792
The second siege of vienna

We could be living in an enlightened caliphat right now if it wasn't for those meddling polacks!
>>
>>3115792
>25 year rule.
>>
>>3115803
>what
>>
>>3115803
>>3115855
I can only find something about an import ban. Help us out here.
>>
9/11 was hilarious
>>
The fall of Constantinople was bad, but the fall of Tenochtitlan was a real tragedy.
>>
30 years' war. All those wasted lives destroyed abd pillaged cultural heritage because of a completely unnecessary war.
>>
>>3115792
Iran-iraq war was comedy gold
>>
The Kettle War
>>
File: main_900-1.jpg (71KB, 900x604px) Image search: [Google]
main_900-1.jpg
71KB, 900x604px
June 22, 1941 when Germany invaded the Soviet Union. So many waisted European lives fighting for power. Europe basically destroyed itself.
>>
>>3115801
GOOD bait
>>
>>3115792
Persecution of the Cathars desu

>inb4 crusader LARPing
>>
>>3115863
if its not 25 years old its not "historic" so fuck you that's why
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>3115792
What the accursed US of A did to deserve 9/11.
>>
>>3116142
Had military bases in saudi arabia with female soldiers on them? Because that's what Bin Laden said was the reason why he did it.
>>
File: 1334979686157.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1334979686157.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>3115792
Despite the obvious tragedy, 9/11 was not that horrific, in the sense we saw a building being burned, more than anything. Once I watched a documentary about Hangar No.5 in Japan, that made me genuinely feel pity for the human race

Human experiment is the worst shit
>>
File: fdny memorial wall.png (2MB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
fdny memorial wall.png
2MB, 1280x852px
>>3116182
A few months ago I happened to have some business at the FDNY headquarters in Brooklyn. I was only 13 when 9/11 happened so I don't think I fully understood the scale of the tragedy. In the lobby of the FDNY headquarters they have an enormous bronze memorial that lists all the firefighters who have died on the job since the FDNY was created more than 150 years ago. This spans an entire wall of the lobby, which is probably around 200 feet long with each name being a small plaque.

I had an idle thought while I was in that lobby to check and see how many of them were from 9/11 and I was absolutely shocked, it was more than half of the wall, hundreds of names. I had never realized just how deep a wound that attack had been for the fire department. Entire companies were wiped out, and not just firefighters but lieutenants, captains, and deputy commissioners are up there as well.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a good picture that gives you the same sense I got, but here's a small piece of the wall which extends from floor to ceiling.
>>
the crucifixion of Jesus Christ
>>
>>3116149
Its because the Nazis were the biggest faggots in history. Normal people are not degenerate and they find genocide horrendous and terrible.
>>
>>3116217
if it occurred, according to Islam it did not
>>
>>3116226
It did, don't be an idiot.
>>
>>3115792
anyone who gets that upset over 9/11 needs to get some perspective. Its the stubbed toe of historical tragedies.
>>
>>3116207
Patrick Water's son was in my Boy Scout troop. Both him and Stackpole had streets named after them in my neighborhood.

9/11 was a hell of an event. Terrible that it happened, but pretty cool to live through, looking back. Damn shame the Zadroga bill took so long to pass.
>>
>>3116245
But what proof do you have that it occurred that you would call anyone skeptical of it an idiot? There are no primary sources of the crucifixion, or even a single primary source documenting that jesus even existed at all.

So how can you be so sure that it happened?
>>
>>3116252
I think the live coverage is what made it so "real"
>>
>>3116269
>we just disproved the most widely and well-attested religious revelation in history thus proving Islam true

Jejel
>>
>>3116279
I like how you put real in quotations because as we all know the buildings never fell and ground zero is a hologram
>>
>>3116207
Don't get me wrong, thousands died, and that's awful, but at least they had a dignified death.

One of the building collapsed with 1/3 of the firefighters of NY, so all you said makes sense
>>
>>3116137
>killing the papal legate
they had it coming
>>
>>3116322
the cathars killed someone? Sounds like bullshit desu
>>
File: 1498928973145.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1498928973145.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>3116138
>ruby ridge, waco, and okc bombing isn't "historical"
>>
>>3116282
But what proof do you have that it occurred that you would call anyone skeptical of it an idiot? There are no primary sources of the crucifixion, or even a single primary source documenting that jesus even existed at all.

So how can you be so sure that it happened?
>>
>>3116345
I don't believe it happened but if you successfully unravel that web then religion is done for bb
>>
>>3115792
Burning of the Library of Alexandria.
>>
>>3116463
meme
>>
>>3115792
eastern front atrocities, both sides, both world wars

theres something about women and children getting hanged that really gets to me
>>
>>3115792

>"It's my fault."
>"No!"
>"I thought we were invincible. Friends. It is all my fault."
>"No sir!"
>"Hear me, I pray you. It is entirely my fault."
>"No!"

>"General Pickett sir. You must look to your division."
>"General Lee. I have no division!"

The worst part is that so many afterward were hellbent on blaming Longstreet for the tragedy when Lee blamed only himself. The nobility and humility of such an act was completely lost upon them.
>>
File: depresja.jpg (9KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
depresja.jpg
9KB, 320x213px
Martin Luther and Reformation
>>
>>3116463
pseudo-intellectuals pretending they would actually read those books.
>>
>>3116739
The seeds of the Reformation had long been planted in the church's general corruption and it's brutal suppression of previous reforming movements like the cathars and hussites. An explosively violent anti Catholic movement was frankly inevitable.
>>
>>3115792
Thats gay dawg
>>
>>3116327
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade
"After the murder of his legate, Pierre de Castelnau, in 1208, Innocent III declared a crusade against the Cathars."
>>
>>3116142
When Kuwait got invaded by Iraq, Osama went to Saudi Arabia and told them that he could defend them with his jihadists.

Saudi Arabia decided to call the Americans instead, which caused Osama to sperg out.
>>
>>3116269
>There are no primary sources of the crucifixion, or even a single primary source documenting that jesus even existed at all.
>who is Tacitus
>>
>>3115883
Thats what you get for human sacrifice and devil worship.
>>
>>3116976
Maybe not, but you really think the writers of the closer generations didn't loose anything?
>>
I always get a little spooked reading about US involvement in Vietnam from 1960 to 1965.

It's like watching a horror movie and you're thinking "don't go in there" but the dumb bitch still keeps walking into the abandoned doll factory.

If you were living in Saigon during the period, you could hear thunderclaps off in the distance every so often, and they'd keep getting louder and louder over time.

Of course, it wasn't actual thunder, it was ARVN shelling Viet Cong positions, and the positions getting closer and closer to the capital.
>>
The American Invasion of Iraq and the destruction of the Mar Behnam & Mart Sura Monastery.
>>
>>3120008
There's nothing more depressing than watching footage from April/May 2003 where everyone thinks their lives are about to get better, and everyone is cheering on the US troops.
>>
>>3116151
Another reasons he named were American support for corrupt dictatorships in the Middle East and occupation of Palestine by an apartheid state, as well as US sanctions on Iraq which lead to the death of thousands of innocent people. I wonder why you forgot to mention these reasons for 9/11 attacks...
>>
File: laughing calvin candie.gif (918KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
laughing calvin candie.gif
918KB, 500x205px
>>3120206

>implying Arabs actually care for the plight of the Palestinians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_expulsion_from_Kuwait

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September#Casualties

http://www.alarabiya.net/views/2012/09/10/237182.html

>muh Apartheid

Palestinians living in East Jerusalem and Golan are actual eligible for Israeli citizenship, they just refuse to take it.

If they were smart enough to play 6,000,000D chess, they'd take it and establish themselves as a voting bloc to forward Palestinian interests from within Israel like their Semitic cousins do in the United States.
>>
>>3120206
>1968
>everything is changing, American politics is on a knife-edge
>Arabs chimp out over Palestine, and end up destroying any hope of progress and making the world worse for everyone
>2001
>everything is changing, American politics is on a knife edge
>Arabs chimp out over Palestine, and end up destroying any hope of progress and making the world worse for everyone

If Israel invaded the West Bank tomorrow, just to run over some hippies with a steamroller and bury a bunch of land mines, I would applaud it and demand that President Trump block any Security Council resolutions against it.

The Palestinians deserve every bad thing that could possibly happen to them.

t. burger
>>
>>3116645
You ever read about how Lee and Grant talked about the Mexican American War at the surrender. Basically distracted themselves by talking about better days and how Lee meet Grant when Grant was scouting.
>>
File: massacre.jpg (134KB, 512x504px) Image search: [Google]
massacre.jpg
134KB, 512x504px
>>3115883
I think what they did to the Taino was worse in a way, with women commiting suicide en masse so they would not become sex slaves of the spanish
>>
Pretty much the entire french revolution
>>
>>3116252
It's not necessarily getting upset about it but rather recognizing that it is a Pearl Harbor-tier effect on history and society, at least for the US if you're going to be nitpicky. People associate it with the start of the current age of terrorism
>>
>>3116252
Most people are upset over the social and political effects, not the event itself.
>>
>>3115792
The Massacre of the Innocents in WW1, or really just any young soldier from that period. Whenever I read about them feeling so excited for war only to see how horrible it is I get sad.
>>
File: harry potter 9:11.jpg (41KB, 480x770px) Image search: [Google]
harry potter 9:11.jpg
41KB, 480x770px
>>3115792
>when I read about 9/11 I have to hold back tears.

Hello underagefag

>Researcher Bill Ellis found jokes about the attacks from Americans the day afterwards, and Giselinde Kuipers found jokes on Dutch websites a day later.[

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1542-734X.2005.00155.x/abstract
>>
>>3116463
This

>>3115875
>>3121083
Wow so edgy and cool :OOOOO
>>
>>3116338
dura lex, sed lex

you retarded ape.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.