[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE GOTHS HOW DID SPAIN AND LOMBARDY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1495509523480.png (96KB, 556x430px) Image search: [Google]
1495509523480.png
96KB, 556x430px
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE GOTHS
HOW DID SPAIN AND LOMBARDY BECOME LATINIZED
>>
>>3112905
they were a thin ruling elite
they went to local festivals, made local friends, intermarried with local people
eventually, they adopted the local culture and language
>>
>>3112931
Does that go for the latter two?
Were there not enough goths for there to be a noticeable phenotypical change in the population?
>>
>>3113071
Of fucking course not? They were an army. An army with women and kids, but an army anyways.
>>
>>3113131
They were more than just army though. They were a people.
The ottomans managed to phenotypically transform the balkans, so I don't see why the goths and lombards couldn't have done so too.
>>
They exist in the genes of the people and last names.For example if your last name is Gonzalez, you are descended from a goth with a name Gundesaelf or something
>>
>>3113384
The idea of massive hordes of barbarians is a 17th century meme. There were at most like 20000 of both groups assimilating into a population of millions. And most importantly, Romano-Italian culture was considered more prestigious than Germanic, like Turkish over Greek, or Saxon over Briton.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.