[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How French managed to outproduce German during WW1? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: LIL0916202R.jpg (84KB, 900x1215px) Image search: [Google]
LIL0916202R.jpg
84KB, 900x1215px
How French managed to outproduce German during WW1?

I mean, their industrial heartland was occupied, while the german one remained famously intact. From what I understand, German industry was larger, they had more coal and iron.
But by the end of the war, the French had the largest aviation, thousands of tanks, and managed to equip American but also Romanian, Greek and Serbian army.
Was France an industrial juggernaut by the end of the war? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>3112904
French soldiers called this war ''der des der'' which means the last of the last wars. It was the war which would stop all wars. So France launched all her forces in winning this war.

Also, there was that desire of retake Alsace-Moselle stolen by Germany in 1871.

France put all her energy in this War and there was so much french lives taken by the war, that France never recovered completely before the ww2.
>>
>>3112971
this and to be honest, it isn't very difficult to outproduce Germany, for some reason their logistics were always shit
>>
File: 1496966234542.jpg (67KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496966234542.jpg
67KB, 540x540px
American Democracy
>>
>>3113008

>for some reason their logistics were always shit

That's an inevitable result of fighting a two front war.
>>
>>3113920
And France was fighting more or less on home soil, falling back on resupply lines is something Germany could never do.

>>3113008
>for some reason their logistics were always shit

German/Prussian logistical superiority was the key to winning in 1866/1870 (or are equating production and logistics?)
>>
File: British-blockade.jpg (63KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
British-blockade.jpg
63KB, 800x501px
>>3112904
>Was France an industrial juggernaut by the end of the war? Or am I missing something?

The Anglo Blockade

>. Apart from leading to shortages in vital raw materials such as coal and non-ferrous metals, the blockade also deprived Germany of supplies of fertiliser that were vital to agriculture. This latter led to staples such as grain, potatoes, meat, and dairy products becoming so scarce by the end of 1916 that many people were obliged to instead consume ersatz products including Kriegsbrot ("war bread") and powdered milk. The food shortages caused looting and riots, not only in Germany, but also in Vienna and Budapest.[11] The food shortages got so bad that Austria-Hungary hijacked ships on the Danube that were meant to deliver food to Germany.[citation needed] Additionally, during the winter of 1916 to 1917, there was a failure of the potato crop, which resulted in the urban population having to subsist largely on Swedish turnips; this period became known as the Steckrübenwinter or Turnip Winter.[12]

When between 400-700K people die from starvation/malnutrition and you are cut off from raw materials its pretty hard to have a powerhouse industrial capacity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_Germany
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.