[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to /sci/ence, you can see there are basically two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1500441032987.png (756KB, 934x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1500441032987.png
756KB, 934x1220px
When it comes to /sci/ence, you can see there are basically two types of posters. Those who know what they're talking about and those who don't. The people who know what they're talking about research a lot into a particular subject and know their shit, they are very well deep into Math and other very hard stuff of their field. Those who don't know their shit make embarrassing posts and get called out as pseudo-science, pop-science, highschoolers, dumb people in general.

I can see this is not the same with /his/tory and humanities, because it requires little technical knowledge to post anything. I could start a thread about the American Revolution and it would be hard to point out if I have little knowledge on the subject. There is no Math to history & humanities, nobody to test if I know all the Linear Algebra theorems, etc. What I am trying to say is that it's easy for anyone to pose as someone well read in History & Humanities, someone might think they know History because they play a lot of EU4 and HoI3, etc, anyone can post here with very little knowledge.

Assuming what I said is true, what do /his/torians think of this? Does it cause any problems to the community of Historians like those in college, or the History community as a whole, that most these communities are visited by people with little technical knowledge of the field? Doesn't it cause /his/ to be a generally low quality board when compared to, say, /sci/? What do you think of this in general?

As a Physicist, I am glad there is no EU4 or AoEII equivalent of Physics.
>>
>>3109396
Actually I want the original source of this. I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>3109396
It means pseuds are rampant and classes at the college level are inundated with frat boys who know Cs get degrees.
>>
You can post with little knowledge, but there's still a very clear line between someone that has a high school understanding of the Revolution and someone that's done in-depth study of the subject. You'll still get called out on here if you act like you know shit when you really don't.

I feel that this board is just more open to people that are just looking to learn. Threads asking broad questions or requesting resources to study are commonplace. It's still very possible to have in-depth discussions, however.
>>
>>3109396
If you have a degree in history or a related field its pretty easy to spot the difference
>>
>>3109396
>Lol my science is too complicated, history is simple
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.