[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I honestly know next to nothing about Augusto Pinochet and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (7KB, 127x186px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 127x186px
I honestly know next to nothing about Augusto Pinochet and his government.
Here's a few questions:
>What were his personal views on religion?
>What were his views on race/ethnicity?
> Did he particularly dislike a particular race/ethnic group/religion?
Thanks! I'm eager to hear your response!
>>
>>3106402
Catholicuck

Didn't gave a fuck. We're not a racially divided country like USA.

>Did he particularly dislike a particular race/ethnic group/religion?
No.

Sorry to disappoint you, /pol/tard.

Here, let me help you find your way home
>>>/pol/
>>
File: pinochan.jpg (479KB, 1082x1524px) Image search: [Google]
pinochan.jpg
479KB, 1082x1524px
>>3106402
He was a roman catholic but freedom of religion was respected.

Chile is a mongrel country and he himself was mixed.

>>3106402
>Did he particularly dislike a particular race/ethnic group/religion?
Like all of the armed forces he probably disliked the argies, peruvians and bolivians. However he was insanely popular with the injuns.
>>
File: 1500129102264.jpg (26KB, 552x437px) Image search: [Google]
1500129102264.jpg
26KB, 552x437px
South american texas here.

Complementing >>3106432

Let's see. First of all Pinochet always wanted to look intellectual, but everyone knew he was not. I had the habit of collecting old books to look like a scholar, but it was only a staging. He even plagiarized a book called "Geopolitics" and many more, which can be found only in the libraries of the ultra conservative universities of my country (For example, The University of the Andes, affiliated with Opus Dei)
His work never had an ideological backing, it was the general of the president's army that he vowed to protect. He is basically a glorified opportunist.

Now, do you want to know who the ideologue of the Chilean military government is? Not a single person, but an interdisciplinary team of experts who designed and implemented an economic and social model in a coherence-controlled environment. They also saw an opportunity and took it, with the difference that they did not betray anyone.

1. Jaime Guzmán. He wrote the (in)famous 1980 constitution.
Everyone considers it a work of art. Anti-democratic, rejected by Jaime Guzman's mentor, Alessandri Rodriguez, basically Guzman made the rules to change the rules and taking advantage of the future interests of the governors, is virtually indestructible, because those who can withdraw it do not want and those who want can not. In April of 1991 he was shot to death by an ultra reactionary wing of the Revolutionary Left Movement (MIR), consider it an RAF located close to the Arctic and with Cuban support. But it is also rumored that he was ordered murdered by "Mamo" Contreras, chief of intelligence of the military government, because Guzman tried to save leftists from detention camps, motivated by his extreme Catholicism.
>>
>>3106547
He was also an american puppet like every south american military dictator from the 70s
>>
File: Screenshot_93.png (95KB, 204x189px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_93.png
95KB, 204x189px
>>3106547

2. Chicago Boys
Graduates of the Chicago school returned to Chile during the military government to implement the neoliberal model, reducing the state's participation in economic matters and producing the so-called "Chilean Miracle". Pride of the Nobel Prize Milton Friedman But also a cause of shame for the mere presence of Pinochet in the historical framework that his theory was developed.

Jaime Guzman talking about the left:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tkW-bIj2Hs

Milton and Pinochet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUtM2kOF7RU

A biased Ultra Right pinochet documentary (English subs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZI_j7oIGIY
>>
>>3106559
Yes, I think is called "Operation Condor" conducted by the Nixon administration.

Funny enough, my people is amnesic. Very bored with all the left wing movies and books about the subject and backed up with a ultra capitalist national model, my country is a country of mercenaries. I respected tho, we learned from our USA ideological mentors.
>>
>>3106547
>Everyone considers it a work of art. Anti-democratic

hah

commies say everything that doesnt let them abuse the system and seize control right away is anti-democratic

if they can't actually convince and mobilize enough population to vote for them, when the right wing and center wins with such a little voter base as is, then it's a problem with their ideology.
>>
>>3106547
How did an illiterate person rise to power?
>>
>>3108357
America
>>
>>3106578
American here, I can't really blame your people. Liberals here are pretty egocentric and annoying. They spend most of their time whining about the "injustices" created by America, but that's done for ratings.
>>
>>3108357

>>3106559
>>
>>3106578
Operation Condor started under Nixon, but it continued under Ford, Carter, and Reagan.
>>
>>3106432
There are worse things than being politically incorrectly curious you delicate flower. Be more tolerant.
>>
>>3108458
How did he find himself in such an elevated position before Uncle Sam noticed him though?
>>
>>3106402
He was a Catholic who was elected dictator by the Chilean Parliament in 1973 to depose Allende. Essentially Chile was on the fast track to a Marxist revolution headed by Maoists that were elected into the executive branch by a small margin of votes. The only thing he did wrong I'm was embezzlement , he inheritted a lot of economic problems from the reforms of Frei and Allende
>>
>>3108627
Ironically Allende put him there because he thought Pinochet was loyal to him, and Allende didn't want to have the army against him.
>>
>>3108593
>being tolerant of literal retards shitting up the board
>>
File: P A R R O T E.jpg (74KB, 690x625px) Image search: [Google]
P A R R O T E.jpg
74KB, 690x625px
>>3108672
>Allende was elected democratically
>Chile was on the fast track to a Marxist revolution headed by Maoists
>>
>>3108713
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_presidential_election,_1970
The Marxist were calling for an armed revolution on the basis that a democratic revolution was impossible.
>>
>>3108713
In other words, getting their guy elected wasn't enough.
>>
>>3108746
>he believes Plan Z was real

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3108766
No, they never had a formal plan but you still had politicians and protestors call for armed revolution. What are you stupid or something?
>>
>>3108713

the referendum of 1980 gave Pinochet more support than Allende ever had in votes.

Technically Pinochet was a more democratic leader than Allende.
>>
>>3109727
>american education
>>
>>3109727
>T. Autismo
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.