[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Late Bronze Age Collapse the closest we have for a historical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Bronze_Age_Collapse.png (619KB, 1132x636px) Image search: [Google]
Bronze_Age_Collapse.png
619KB, 1132x636px
Is the Late Bronze Age Collapse the closest we have for a historical precedent of an apocalyptic, total collapse of society, law, and order?
>>
>>3100496
No, because only Greece and Anatolia collapsed and Anatolians still kept using Luwian hieroglyphs
>>
>>3100508
If not the Late Bronze Age Collapse, though, what historical precedent do we have? Is there no good precedent?
>>
>not the Crisis of the Third Century
>>
>>3100515
none

the biggest civilization falls are these:

1)Indus valley civilization, fallen in 1800 bc but India was never properly civilized and urbanzied at that level again until around 300 bc

2)Fell of the Roman empire

Impressive de-urbanization, most infrastructures are lost and trade is much less frequent

3)Here's the Bronze age collapse, Greece loses writing and state level societies for a few centuries, West Anatolia too loses state level societies for a few centuries and Eastern Anatolia too, even though to a lesser degree and while still retaining writing

4)Mayan civilization collapse
>>
>>3100547
What about the Ice age civilization collapse? :^)
>>
>>3100704
Kill yourself
>>
>>3100704
>What about the Ice age civilization collapse? :^)
For 50,000 years we lived in caves and went 'ooga booga' until magic agriculture time happened and we all built cities.

ABRACADABRA!
>>
>>3100547
>Roman empire above the Bronze Age collapse
I hope youre not implying hierarchy here.
>>
>>3100547
Where's the Finno-Korean Hyperwar factor into this?
>>
>Hittites get fucked
>Minoans get fucked
>Mycenaean Greeks get fucked
>Cyprus gets fucked
>Egypt gets hurt so bad they will be a colony for the next 1500 years
>even Assyria gets hurt badly

The only things that come close are the fall of the Roman Empire in the West and maybe the collapse of the Maya. WWII wasn't even that bad.
Imagine a future event that will surpass all of them.
>>
>>3100823
true

they already were under mycenean rule but are less affected by the collapse than mainlanders

true

false

false

false
>>
>>3100823
>Imagine a future event that will surpass all of them.
OP here, that's precisely why I asked this question. I like apocalyptic and dystopian fiction, and so I wanted to look into any and all historical examples that come close to the shit you see in Mad Max and Fallout.

Obviously none of these collapses that have been named in the thread so far are the result of a sudden unraveling of order due to either massive destructive war or the loss of a vital resource, but still, it's interesting to see how history shows societies really collapse.
>>
>>3100496
The Assyrians and Shang China both made it out alive.
>>
>>3100868
so did Egypt and most Phoenician city states
>>
>>3100823
We're currently living in that event you guys.
How can you read so much history and be THIS blind.
The streets of europe are full of invaders, they will collapse europe into dark ages within our lifetimes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.