[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Zhu Gaochi, new emperor Emperor of China >have one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Zhu Gaochi.jpg (218KB, 406x520px) Image search: [Google]
Zhu Gaochi.jpg
218KB, 406x520px
>be Zhu Gaochi, new emperor Emperor of China
>have one of the greatest fleets in the world, which has already been expanding China's grasp on Asia, the Middle East, and Africa through a series of expeditions
>stop the expeditions because I'm fucking retarded
>burn down the ships too
>die of a heart attack less than a year later because I'm a fat fuck
Has there been a more boneheaded leader of a country in history?
>>
>>3097440
we will see
>>
>>3097440
The problem wasn't that he stopped the expedition. That could be viewed as good thing since that was very expensive. The problem was he burned down the ships, essentially crippling the future generations.

In modern US politics, he'd be a staunch isolationist republican. On his taxes, foreign policy, and economy. Short lived emperor who only reigned in few months.
>>
>>3097440
>Stopped the expeditions because they're a money sinkhole without any practical use, while mongols are raiding my frontiers

ftfy
>>
File: 1500327810389.png (437KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
1500327810389.png
437KB, 624x468px
>>3097440
>Has there been a more boneheaded leader of a country in history?
>>
File: MMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFF.png (591KB, 861x563px) Image search: [Google]
MMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFF.png
591KB, 861x563px
>>3097538
>>
File: IMG_0846.png (2MB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0846.png
2MB, 803x688px
>>3097538
>>
>>3097440
1) He halted the Treasure Fleet. Not the navy. Who the fuck was fighting pirates during Ming China then?
2) He halted it because it had done its mission already (dazzle the Spice Route states into trading with Chinkdom), and a fleet of what essentially are luxury cruise liners are expensive. In addition, the Mongols were threatening China yet again with the new confederacy, the Four Oirats, hammering down on them, so money had to go to defense.
>>
>>3097615
Treasure fleet includes roughly 300 ships

Its a navy in of itself.
>>
>>3097734
Yeah. And he burned the Treasure Ships and the nonessentials and told the warships to go back being a navy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.