[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Soviets invade them after 1948, like they invaded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Flag_of_SFR_Yugoslavia.svg.png (15KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_SFR_Yugoslavia.svg.png
15KB, 1200x600px
Why didn't Soviets invade them after 1948, like they invaded Hungary and Czechoslovakia?
Were they afraid of the Yugoslav warrior?
>>
>like they invaded Hungary and Czechoslovakia
Uhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>3095536
Sorry, protected against Western imperialism.
>>
>>3095565
what are you talking about? Czechoslovakia was liberated, last soviet forces left by december 45
>>
>>3095431
I don't think anybody wanted to exacerbate the problems in Southeastern Europe that were going on. Plus I'm pretty sure that would have turned Yugoslavia towards being pro-America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Civil_War
>>
>>3095998

Prague Spring
>>
>>3095998
""""""liberated""""""
>>
File: 1_033.jpg (129KB, 800x784px) Image search: [Google]
1_033.jpg
129KB, 800x784px
My father served in JNA in mid-70s and he told me how they always prepared in military exercises against a possible Soviet invasion. They practiced parking up the tanks along the runways and airfields to stop the Soviet transport aircraft from landing. It was learned from the recent invasion of Czechoslovakia that the prelude to Soviet attack was a sudden occupation of airfields and runways through which then they freely transported troops and tanks for the invasion. After Czechoslovakia the Yugoslav army went completely apeshit, everyone in high command was paranoid as fuck and thought that Yugoslavia will be next.

The invasion never occured.
>>
>>3095431

>Were they afraid of the Yugoslav warrior?

Actually yes. There were some pretty hardcore anti-Soviet militias down there.
>>
>>3095431
Because it happened under Stalin, and Stalin is not known to do stupid unnecessary shit
>>
>>3097994
The relations between USSR and SFRY were good in Khrushchev times.
>>
>>3097655
but that's not relevant at all to invasion prospects of yugo in 45
>>
>>3095431
yugos and albanians were the only countries to liberate themselves and set up communist governments independently of moscow. all the rest of the countries were liberated by the soviets, who encouraged moscow loyalists in those countries to take over the governments in the countries they occupied. in some cases this was a violent process, in other cases it was more or less peaceful though there was always the lingering threat of moscow flexing its muscle if things didn't go as it wanted.
>>
>>3097749
soviet army drove out an occupying force, restored pre-war government and swiftly left the country, sounds like liberation to me.
>>
>>3099661
prague spring was in the beginning of brezhnev's rule
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.