[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /his/. What are some of the best works on African hi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image-20170322-31194-1q2rqtl.jpg (482KB, 926x772px) Image search: [Google]
image-20170322-31194-1q2rqtl.jpg
482KB, 926x772px
Hello, /his/.

What are some of the best works on African history? I mean the kingdoms of Mali, Ghana, Etheopia, Sudan, etc.

The reason I want to know is because I watched a lecture by Akala, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUtAxUQjwB4
And I noticed that I actually had problems with his statements sometimes, and then realized I had literally no factual grounds on which I could be against his ideas except for ''But Africans would never be able to do that''.

Damnatio Memoriae is not exactly new, and whitewashing of history happens all the time. I mean, we see Japanese people as intelligent, civilized people now, but they were wearing necklaces with rape victim's pubic hair for protection in battle whilst burrying civilians up to their waist in dirt and letting wild dogs at them for fun about 80 years ago. They were quite literally worse than ISIS could even imagine themselves being in their wildest fantasies.

So anyways, I'd love to find some books to help me understand African history a bit better. Anyone know any?
>>
>>3093863
bump for interest
>>
>>3093863
At work. Will dump links when boss isn't watching.
>>
>>3093863
UNESCO have some free books that you can download off their website that have a high amount of general information about African history and society in. They were a huge undertaking I recommend you have a look at them
>>
File: Rwanda Paratroopers.jpg (1MB, 1280x4079px) Image search: [Google]
Rwanda Paratroopers.jpg
1MB, 1280x4079px
Sorry, I don't have anything than the few ideas I've gathered from Age of Empires 2, but I'm interested in the topic.
Here's some information about modern African paratroopers
>>
File: 1450337039943.jpg (98KB, 318x355px) Image search: [Google]
1450337039943.jpg
98KB, 318x355px
>tfw most African societies never developed writing as far as we know.
>tfw the libraries and mosques that Mansa Musa built were destroyed by he ungrateful nogs he ruled over
>All that culture and history will be lost... like tears in the rain...
>>
>>3095319
Holy crap, this is a gold mine! Thanks, anon!
>>
>>3095477
Like there was any down there to begin with.
>>
File: 1500137917008.jpg (5KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500137917008.jpg
5KB, 208x250px
>>3095477
>tfw mongols took all the books in the baghdad library and the bodies of the dead scholars and built a bridge.the baghdad library had 15 milion books and employed around 7000 scholars
>>
>>3093863
Here is an ebook about the Aksumite Kingdom at (Ethiopian).

>http://www.dskmariam.org/artsandlitreature/litreature/pdf/aksum.pdf

As far as Akala, that lecture is a mix of Afrocentric bs and some valid history. The truth is honestly somewhere in beteeen the two extremes of afrocentrism and stomfaggotry
>>
>>3095436
Shit, of those serbians posted on /int/ once

apparently most serbian mercenaries are mostly child soldiers, literally kidnapped
>>
>>3097312
But le mongols were progressive since they didn't impose a state religion :^) hello my name is john green please like my video :^)
>>
>>3097542
Liberals are fucking hilarious
>>
>>3097542
Never would have happened if the Greeks lost to Persia
>>
>>3095436
So when is Rwanda changing it's name to Militaires Sans Frontieres?
>>
>>3097312

They did good.
>>
>>3097797
>They did good.
It would have been complete if they went into Europe to finish the Byzantine empire off but atleast you can thank the based Turk's for that one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.