[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How significant of an effect did the American Revolution play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: download.jpg (12KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 301x167px
How significant of an effect did the American Revolution play in the causes that led to the French Revolution?
>>
>>3093200
it put french into deep debt to help the americans win the war and this deepened an already critical debt crisis which eventually led Louis to call the estates general, the long-lapsed institution which, within a few months of convening for the first time since 1616, launched a coup against him and starting the series of extraordinary events which taken together we call "the French revolution"
>>
>>3093217
How was France's debt before the American Revolution? Was it still hurting from the Seven Years War?
>>
>>3093217

Also to put salt into France's wounds, The USA refused to pay back its debts to revolutionary France saying it wasn't the government that lent them the money.
>>
>>3093226
not sure. i'll post some excerpts on the matter from some pdfs i've downloaded though
>>
>>3093242
>>
>>3093244
another book
>>
>>3093249
>>
>>3093251
>>
>>3093252
>>
>>3093217
Ah, us Americans fucked over the Brits financially for the French and Indian war, then when asked to pay for it we revolted, which in turn fucked over the French for their help against the British.

Looks like our insolence sunk two great empires. We were born unintentional conquerors.
>>
>>3093231
what a bunch of fucking niggers
>>
>>3093297
>there are occasional lapses of reason and a kind of brusque thoughtlessness which is very painful for those who have to endure it.
What the FUCK did Louis say to make everyone in the room cringe to the point that it was unbearable? What level of autism was he displaying here
>>
>>3093316
Your perfidiousness you mean.
>>
>>3093321
>france: pay denbts
>amerikkka: no
>france: *collapses*
>>
File: jaques get the guillotine.jpg (386KB, 1038x539px) Image search: [Google]
jaques get the guillotine.jpg
386KB, 1038x539px
>>3093330

Problem with monarchism is you get full blown retards who will do anything to fuck with another nation or start a war.

Any fucks things so badly, the people do away with the monarchy all together.

Say like Nicki.
>>
>>3093375
that wasn't so much louis (or arguably even nicky's) fault as the pressures of geopolitical competition for hegemony placed so much strain on their country's institutions that they collapsed from their inherent contraditions. Louis especially was more a victim of this process than the cause of it. I suppose he could have tried to opt out of interstate competition with britain but a lot of people had an interest in keeping it going for ideological (aristocratic militarism, for example, or ideas of royal legitimacy) and economic reasons (diplomatic, ministerial and army establishments who would have no raison d'etre if there was peace and so might lose their jobs if not their whole life purpose, and possibly financiers and tax farmers who make a killing when the government needs to raise money for war)
>>
>>3093316
Actually the French Revolution led to the creation of the First French Empire.
>>
>>3093321
Indeed
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasi-War
>>
>>3093321
It doesn't matter. They couldn't pay for it due to having a shit awful economy and it was a stupid gamble on the parts of the royalty.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.