[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will infantry ever become obsolete? I don't know if this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Will infantry ever become obsolete?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if I should ask this on another board but, do you think that infantry will become obsolete in the next 30 to 50 years with the advancement of robots and drones? I don't think that we will be seeing huge armies of robots in this decade or next decade but I can see the United States military possibly scaling down significantly from its 1.3 million personnel down to less than a million active duty personnel in the armed forces. Of course that's just a faggot guess as far as I am concerned.
>>
>>3092921
Doubt it, Maybe human infantry but infrantry as far as I know is the only way possible to secure a location and hold it as well as support other mechanical and transport stuff.
>>
robots and drones are nowhere near as good peacekeepers as humans and require much more maintenance. One thing you should realize is that humans are fucking tough, and don't actually require much to survive making them great for inhospitable conditions like the jungles or deserts where more mechanical parts would break down.
>>
I'm reasonably certain that there will always be a need for boots on the ground
>>
>>3092921
Probably not in the next 50 years. Frankly if you can make a robot that can fully replace a human infantryman then AI has already taken over the world
>>
Could you picture though, the U.S. armed forces being reduced in size in the next few decades from 1.3 million to less than a million because of the changing of technology and the style of warfare? Since the end of WWII, the United States hasn't demobilize ever, and I couldn't imagine seeing the U.S military shrink to the point there are less than a million active personnel.
>>
>>3092921
question for someone with a more scientific background. if robot armies were indeed developed, how difficult would it be to develop EMPs capable of rendering the robots useless? easy? possible? impossible?
>>
>>3093174
I´ve seen youtube vids of homemade emp jammers
>>
>>3092921
No. Even the best technology can only take ground. To hold it, you will always need boots on the ground.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.