[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry for asking here instead of /pol/ but, you know... Where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

Sorry for asking here instead of /pol/ but, you know...

Where do you think there is a higher level classism and elitism?

In USA or in West European countries?

By this I mean more inequality, disdain for the low class, lack of opportunities, lack of respect, etc

Pic unrelated
>>
>>3088390
Probably Africa.
>>
High society types in the UK have absolute disdain for their working* class, and always have far more than any other country historically.

*White working class, the upper crusts these days seems to absolutely adore all of the newcomers become muh colonial guilt and muh poor brown oppressed people
>>
>>3088390
Anywhere in Third world.
>>
>>3088399
>adore all of the newcomers become muh colonial guilt and muh poor brown oppressed people
Because $$$
>>
File: trollbo_trollface.png (35KB, 347x540px) Image search: [Google]
trollbo_trollface.png
35KB, 347x540px
>>3088402
USA then?
>>
>>3088399
>always have far more than any other country historically.
Why? Or, in what sense?
>>
>>3088390
The US isn't exactly a single unified culture. Read up on the South and how it's an attempt at replicating British society but within a capitalist system and you'll have your answer.
>>
>>3088390
The US seems to be the worst. You have the whole Urban/Middle-Upper Class vs. Rural/Low Class divide where they basically start to see each other as different entities that are out to destroy each other.
The Rural are more "right"-wing, conservative, religious, slow and see the others as decadent, while the Urban is more "left"-wing, liberal, ireligious, fast-paced and see the others as primitives.
Hating on "rednecks", "white trash", "flyover states" are acceptable forms of prejudice.

Western Europe is more unified than this for the most part. There's still a lot of dividing factors but you don't get to that level. East Germany is still poor and looked down upon, for example.
>>
>>3088625
>an attempt at replicating British society but within a capitalist system
How so?
>>
there is no classicism in the USA

from your inability to spell that word properly I should not be surprised you are ignorant
>>
File: 114e6b7a9.png (18KB, 331x446px) Image search: [Google]
114e6b7a9.png
18KB, 331x446px
>>3088390
>>
>>3088399
at least the UK has a model healthcare system
latin american elites are absolutely the worst
>>
File: 1466654703449.png (91KB, 534x363px) Image search: [Google]
1466654703449.png
91KB, 534x363px
>>3090088
>there is no classicism in the USA
>from your inability to spell that word properly I should not be surprised you are ignorant
>>
>>3090390
>latin american elites are absolutely the worst
Yes
>>
>>3088390
In 1st world countries? America.

Due to the Internet and the infantile behavior of Americans the white working class and college educated upper class hate each other passionately. It's almost like America is two different countries.
>>
>>3088769
The U.K has the highest amount of classism, USA is either equal to or slightly less, but it manifests itself in different ways.
>>
>>3090842
My bad, did not mean to quote,
>>
>>3088399
Imagine if based Cromwell stuck around. Imagine the British "nobility" SEETHING in exile across the channel.
>>
I'm not sure Americans of different classes interact with each other frequently enough to form a distinct classism. Due to suburbanization, even the most populous of cities do not really have the rich, the poor, and the middle class living amongst each other. They're grouped into collections of neighborhoods with similar socioeconomic status, like districts. And people may spend their entire lives within this district, because the schools and workplaces are always within the district. When we form a city, wl the availability of cheap land allows us to REALLY spread out, and our public transportation system is shit because we don't value it. Therefore, people just stay within their own district.

Just as an example, I've lived in my city for my entire life, but I've never been to the poor east side, because it takes forty-five minutes to get there by car, which is the only form of transportation available. The only reason I know poor people exist is because I went to a magnet school downtown that drew from all districts. And the only reason I know rich people exist is because I made one friend who lived in a mansion even further west from me. Otherwise, I might have just assumed everybody lived in two-story houses and had an office job somewhere.

Couldn't claim to know how it works in Britland, never been. But even if it shares a similar concept of class separation by geography, a rich Londoner might at least pass a poor person on the way to his apartment, or ride with them on the subway on the way to his corner office job. For most Americans outside the biggest cities, that's just not the case.
>>
>>3088390
Classism is lower I feel with younger generations. Yuppies generally even if only virtue signaling make a habit of interacting and engaging poorer folks if they have similar interests. Where as in my experience many young elite from the global south don't associate with poor people upon finding out unless they are very progressive
>>
>>3088390

>>>/lgbt/8589547
>>
>>3091232
AHAHAHAH

I THOUGHT THAT POSTER WAS PUTTING ON A SHOW WHEN HE POSTED HERE

HES REAL!
>>
>>3091051
This sums it up pretty well. It's why you see Liberals in the US completely and honestly saying "I don't get why manual laborers and farmers vote Republican! Don't they know tax raises and outsourcing are in their interests?!": They have absolutely no idea what anyone outside of their bubble thinks because they've never interacted with them. At least TV tells Rednecks what the urban liberal thinks.
>>
>>3088402
This.
>>
>>3088410
Kek
>>
In social terms the UK .
In economic terms it's the US
>>
>>3088670
t. redneck white trash from an irrelevant flyover state
>>
>>3092454
>
>>
>>3088390
USA
>>
>>3092454
I'm from Eastern Europe, but I guess that's the same for you.
>>
>>3093611
How it's the situation there?
>>
The third world.
t. Rich third worlder
>>
>>3088390
USA has so much disrespect is staggering
>>
>>3095039
Argie?
>>
>>3095049
Brazilian.
>>
>>3095005
There's a huge gap between rich and poor and it's worse than in the West, if that's what you're asking.
In Romania at least there was a huge migration to the West, especially Italy and Spain, of people looking for jobs. The urban areas are mostly OK but rural areas are very poor and underdeveloped.
You don't see this in the West. Villages there are basically small towns are well connected to the world.
There's also this bizarre rift between those who stayed and those who emigrated, with the latter having a sense of superiority and entitlement over the others.
>>
>>3090459

I suppose I need not reply to your non reply with what constitutes a proper reply.

Go suck on an egg?
>>
>>3090791

your internet assembled philosophy doesn't match with reality I'm afraid
>>
>>3091051

Did you know that your own personal experiences do not hold for every American?

For instance, I have personally lived across the nation.
>>
File: Ameritard.jpg (458KB, 896x619px) Image search: [Google]
Ameritard.jpg
458KB, 896x619px
>>3095169
>implying your reply isn't a non reply as well
>>
File: 1299282251139.gif (2MB, 300x214px) Image search: [Google]
1299282251139.gif
2MB, 300x214px
>>3095197

Except for the interaction with your nonsense, I have only ever posted in sincerity.

I really do think you ought to suck on that egg.
>>
>>3095220
>triggered
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.