[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"don't hurt others" >why? >because would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 29

File: 1485623325686.png (133KB, 319x272px) Image search: [Google]
1485623325686.png
133KB, 319x272px
>"don't hurt others"
>why?
>because would you want someone to hurt you?
Why do people act like this makes sense?
>>
>"don't hurt others"
>why?
>because we don't hurt others in this society

>"don't hurt others"
>why?
>because society will eventually punish you if you do

Do these make more sense?
>>
>>3086166

It does when you're not a degenerate sociopath or capitalist.

Same thing I guess.
>>
>>3086166
Ok, then why aren't you stealing everything you want and doing whatever you feel like right now? Why are you paying for food? Why are you paying for the internet?
>>
>>3086166
You know it's true, stop LARPing as a warmongering weeb...
>>
>>3086166
it makes sense if you have a functioning self-preservation instinct, because a hulking majority of people around you have signed the social contract and will bunch up to fuck you up if you do them wrong
>>
>>3086196
>>3086225
So it's okay if you get away with it?
>>
>>3086233
our definitions of "okay" may differ
Being a conscious detriment to society, which only exists because people in your line of thought were most likely violently culled from the genepool isn't okay for me.
It might be okay for you though.
>>
>>3086233
You think you can get away with it, but you don't really know that.
>>
>>3086233
"okay" is what you gamble your chances on.

When you hurt others, others will try to hurt you. No one wins in this situation, especially when both hurt each other as result.

No one likes to be hurt, thus hurting others makes no sense as it would hurt you in return.

>but im a masochist
okay
>>
>"be moral"
>why?
>"because it's right"
>why?
>"because we'll beat you up"
Bravo
>>
File: 1499793179715.jpg (16KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1499793179715.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>3086166
its called empathy. You wouldn't understand being autistic and all.
>>
>>3086166
You can ruin other's people life. Others people can ruin your life.

It is in our mutual interest to not. We call that the social contract. Break it and you will meet angry people with sticks.
>>
>>3086262
>isn't okay for me.
Why?
>>3086291
>When you hurt others, others will try to hurt you
It depends if benefits outweigh risk.
>No one likes to be hurt, thus hurting others makes no sense as it would hurt you in return.
That doesn't follow. How will it hurt me in return?
>>
>>3086166
>everybody kills each other
>get stuck in the stone age forever
>haha no god no rules!!! I'm the true ubermensch!!!!!!
>>
>>3086307
If you hurt people, they will come and get you. If you keep acting like an amoral little shit they might just come and get you anyway.
>>
>>3086307
>how will it hurt me
Go try punching people randomly on the street.

I will guarantee you that people will defend against it and attack you. Unless they're disabled, old, babies. In which case, if there are people nearby, be prepared to be attacked.

If you continue this route, be prepared to be tacked by the police and punched in the face. Then sent to jail where you'd have to be a bitch boy.
>>
>>3086307
>Ask others why it is not okay for them if he hurt others
Even you can see why.

>How will it hurt me in return?
You seriously excpect to punch people and to get nothing in return?
>>
File: 1473942452121.png (804KB, 816x803px) Image search: [Google]
1473942452121.png
804KB, 816x803px
Have you ever been hurt by someone else in any way, OP? Physically or otherwise? It fucking sucks, right? So, knowing how bad it is, why would you want to inflict that pain on other people? Do you doubt that they are truly human, and if you try to hurt them they won't actually feel the same pain as you would?
>>
>>3086315
>If you hurt people, they will come and get you
This depends on the situation.
>>3086317
>Go try punching people randomly on the street.
Nice strawman. What if I steal from an old lady without anybody seeing? What if I infect people's computers with ransom ware? What if I shoot someone without being seen?
I thought there was supposed to be more to this morality thing than just "do it or else...."
>>3086321
>why would you want to inflict that pain on other people?
To get what you want?
>>
>>3086327
There are laws designed to protect people.

You can get away some of the time, but not always. When you do get hit up, this will bite back.

Well I know you're trying to be the edge here, but its kinda getting stale.
>>
>>3086327
>What if I steal from an old lady without anybody seeing? What if I infect people's computers with ransom ware? What if I shoot someone without being seen?

Well then those people are going to have a terrible day. I can imagine how terrible it would be if this happened to me, because I'm a human being and have empathy, and as such I won't do it, not because I fear the consequences, but because I don't want to inflict pain on other humans who did absolutely nothing to deserve such a treatment.
>>
>>3086353
>because I don't want to inflict pain on other humans who did absolutely nothing to deserve such a treatment.
Why?
>>
>>3086327
>I thought there was supposed to be more to this morality thing than just "do it or else...."
Fine.

You live in a society. It is in your best interest that this society stay civil and don't chimp all the time.
You do enjoy your nice, safe and pleasant suburb with white picket fences, right? Start to kill people and the quality of life will downgrade for everyone, including you.
>>
>>3086327
>What if I steal from an old lady without anybody seeing? What if I infect people's computers with ransom ware? What if I shoot someone without being seen?
there is a chance you will still get caught after doing any of this
the entire field of forensics was developed so that people who think like this will think twice

>I thought there was supposed to be more to this morality thing than just "do it or else...."
entire social contract is about people stopping being shit eating apes who will stone each other to death over breadcrumbs, because they figured out that if they behave and work together they can roll in fucking bread and they will also have numbers to deter any shithead who doesnt' subscribe to the idea and just wants some crumbs
>>
>>3086364
Only if you're caught.
Rich cyber criminals have better lives than anybody itt.
>>
>>3086355
Because if pain is given without consequence, many people will start doing so. Do you seriously think you are unique, or not like the others? We are all the same brand of assholes and you are just one of the dickheads in a field of dickheads.

Just in case you ask, you don't want many people to inflict pain in society because eventually it will happen to you.
>>
>>3086355
Because I don't like to feel those things, therefore I believe no other person would either. It's circular, OP, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>3086380
My decision to inflict pain is unlikely to impact my future chance of receiving pain.
>>
>>3086379
No, not only if you are caught. Read again.

The rich cybercriminal you think of have created a wave of ransomware and probably got one of their computer infected at some point.
>>
>>3086366
I sometimes wonder if these "nihilistic" edge lords are actually retarded and think they can get away with some of the most brazen acts.

we hear these stories all the time in news stories about robbers/murderers/rapists getting caught. Do they not understand there are billion dollars industries designed around catching these people and punishing them? Is it just that they suspend their rationality and do not acknowledge the consequences.
>>
>>3086385
Your success in inflicting pain without being caught will inspire others in doing so. The chances that you will receive pain grow.
>>
>>3086395
>Your success in inflicting pain without being caught will inspire others in doing so. The chances that you will receive pain grow.
Incredibly negligible given the size of our society.
>>
>>3086390
some people are naturally fucking stupid
some people are actually mentally ill
some just don't have anything to lose and if anything, jail is an actual living standard upgrade for them
>>
File: Murder.gif (11KB, 648x456px) Image search: [Google]
Murder.gif
11KB, 648x456px
>>3086390
t. brainlet
>>
>>3086401
If society is big, it mean there is many people like you trying from time to time to inflict pain without being caught. Just look at Chicago: millions of people inflicting pain to others because they think they can (and most of the time can)

No matter how big or small a rock is, it fall at the same speed because it take more energy to make it accelerate but it give more energy due to his weight.
>>
>>3086431
None of which was caused by a single individuals actions.
>>
>>3086390
Criminology book says there's a 10 IQ point discrepancy between non-criminals and criminals. So by large, criminals are dumber on across the board compared to general society. That's with race/class accounted for.
>>
>>3086315
>amoral
every time.
>>
>>3086452
doesn't include the ones who get away with t
>>
>>3086461
With modern security cameras, its kinda getting hard to get away.
>>
>>3086480
Different anon here. Unless you happen to be living in the UK or China, there are less security cameras than you think. A good portion have shit quality video too.
>>
>>3086480
>what is white collar crime
>>
>>3086500
A different anon as well. Who cares.

The society as a whole is smarter than you, the government is smarter than you, they have more resources and more information than you, too.
All things considered, hurting people just isn't a viable life strategy.
>>
>>3086529
I completely agree, I just had the urge to jump in and talk about CCTV cameras.
>>
>anons try to explain empathy to either a sociopathic autist or skillrd shitposter
>>
>>3086529
>hurting people just isn't a viable life strategy.
It is for the state.
>>
>>3086166
It makes sense if you are not a sociopath.
OP, you've got some explaining to do.
>>
>>3086550
Luckily for the state, it isn't an individual.
>>
>>3086166
Serving one's community is a major part of most human's lives.
>>
>>3086355
Because I'm not a piece of shit, You're not cute or funny, you're just an edge lord. There's actually some ok arguments to be made for egoism and you don't have any.
>>
>>3086581
No it isn't.
>>
>>3086602
>>3086602
>Because I'm not a piece of shit
Not really a convincing argument dude.
>>
>>3086608
Why would I need to address non-arguments with legitimate points? People have explained why you shouldn't be a dick. One day you'll be a dick to the wrong person and he'll just beat the shit out of you.
>>
>>3086635
You shouldn't be nice. One day you'll be nice to the wrong person and he'll just the beat the shit out of you.
>>
>>3086166
OP, would you want someone to hurt you? Answer the question.
>>
>>3086669
no
>>
>>3086647
Except they probably won't?
>>
>>3086635
Except they probably won't.
>>
>>3086196
Consequences can't dissuade bad people because what makes people bad is that they don't think about consequences.
>>
>>3086166
Because you are a little autistic child who's never experienced ego death, apparently.

We are all one, the mind just divides us temporarily, but we're all faces of the same dice, to say it poetically

>>3086196
8 year old tier
It saddens me how the intellectual depth of this baord doesn't go beyond middle school tier
>>
>>3086453
OP is clearly pretending to be amoral as opposed to immoral.
>Hurr killing people isn't bad prove to me that killing is wrong
>>
>>3086291
What if they're people who might hurt you in the future?

Then you're gambling by not hurting them
>>
>>3086166
ITT: OP struggles from concept the ancients from Greece to China have long understood.
>>
>>3086166
Might makes right, and I have a gun, fagget
>>
File: jesusvmoneychangers.jpg (110KB, 638x512px) Image search: [Google]
jesusvmoneychangers.jpg
110KB, 638x512px
>>3086166
That is a perfectly reasonable argument.

Unless you can plunge your hand into boiling water and endure the pain, you have already decided that your pain is "bad" and there is no reason why this moral judgment should only apply to you unless you can prove you are a special snowflake.

However, I wouldn't say inflicting pain on others or yourself is bad in every case. What is wrong are your reasons for doing so.

If you torture animals in your basement or abuse someone vulnerable, that is what you turn into when there are no consequences to your actions, it is a form of degeneracy. You never question the psychology behind your actions, why it gives you an adrenaline rush, a sense of revenge/catharsis or whatever. You have never pondered why you are a sapient being, existence or such things, you are like a toddler throwing a tantrum or an animal, you have decided to spend your only life as a creature despite being capable of more. If you did (and understood) you would see the pointlessness of it.

On the other hand if you are motivated by things besides animalistic self-gratification it is a passion. If a serene temple has been reduced to a noisy hive of money grubbling and you are enraged by this and spill their hard earned coins everywhere and cause a few cuts and scrapes in the process of casting them out, you are not in the wrong.
>>
>>3087100
Okay pot head.
>>
>>3086166
umm its a human emotion called empathy sweety. did your autism awareness classes not talk about this?
>>
>>3086166
Because no matter what it's not a good strategy in the long term. Working with others will always be more effective and conducive to achieve it what you want then conflict.
>>
>>3087381
>and there is no reason why this moral judgment should only apply to you
Why?
>>
>>3087381
Why does it make it bad when you torture animals? I can understand why it would be bad when I am tortured. As I don't like that myself. But why animals? Animals dont have souls according to Jesus. So its perfectly acceptable. No one is hurt when you hurt an animal.

You could say its a descecration of sacred objects given by Jesus/God but that is not in any way bad to someone who doesn't believe in God's good will. Would that not mean there is literally nothing wrong with torturing animals?
>>
>>3087381
>I like meat so animals don't get moral consideration but torturing them is still bad for some reason m'kay?
>>
>>3086166
Well the basis of any argument like this lies in the morality you subscribe too. If you place no inherent value on any but yourself then you have no reason not harm someone as long as it wont result in more harm to yourself.
The truth is that you must base your logic and morality on a something that cant be proven to be logical or moral.
>>
File: 1486129465031.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1486129465031.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>3087460
>Animals dont have souls according to Jesus
can you get fucked please?
not onlyisarguing with you fucking tiring it's also fucking stupid and it lowers general IQ
>>
>>3086166
It doesn't. But we better fucking pretend it does. You don't want that.
>>
>>3087486
If animals have souls then why are we eating one another?
>>
>>3087455
It would look contradictory to an outside observer.
>>3087460
It is more the effect it has on you, not the animal. Or maybe more accurately the reasons why you are doing it.
>>3087466
Humane slaughter is not torture.
>>
>>3087518
to gather spirit energy and collect dragon balls
>>
>>3086301
i love you
>>
File: bronze-fasces-detail.jpg (34KB, 260x370px) Image search: [Google]
bronze-fasces-detail.jpg
34KB, 260x370px
Because you'll get away with it until you don't, and then we'll fuck you up
>>
File: 1486125790999.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1486125790999.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>3087578
>>
>>3086301
empathy isn't logical. obeying your feelings of empathy however is.
>>
>>3087582
You can't deny it, the real reason we don't is because we all decided it's best to not get fucked over, and so we all decided not to fuck over each other, and when someone goes about fucking over other people, we fuck them up
>>
>>3087601
though perhaps a logical explanation for it and an evolutionary reason for why we do it I don't think at any point such a social contract was created for those reasons, consciously at least
>>
>>3087381
>you have already decided that your pain is "bad" and there is no reason why this moral judgment should only apply to you unless you can prove you are a special snowflake.
deciding that you don't like pain isn't the same as making the moral judgement that this pain is morally bad
>>
>>3086166
To be a good person first and foremost

Otherwise negative actions in cut negative karma. Every shitty thing that has happened to you in this life is directly a result of you doing something shitty to another in your past life. Likewise, all good things come from your past good deeds.
>>
>>3087735
>unironically believing in karma
>>
>>3086327
>What if I shoot someone without being seen?
What if someone shoots you without being seen?

Wouldn't you have preferred to have agreed to not shoot people?
>>
File: 1483572732798.png (205KB, 293x287px) Image search: [Google]
1483572732798.png
205KB, 293x287px
>>3087578
>>
>>3086166
Because the people who tell you not to hurt others know what it feels like to get hurt and have something called EMPATHY.

It is natural not to want pain or to inflict it, once you feel it. What are you? A sociopath?
>>
>>3086196
Still not an argument.
>>
ITT: Ressentiment
>>
>>3086166
Anti-social degenerates are a danger to society and should be purged.
>>
>>3086301
>its called empathy.
And what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
Seriously, 21st century language has turned a good term into some fuzzy hippie feeling.
Empathy is neutral and amoral as fuck, since its just "imagine you are that guy".
Scammers and rapists use empathy to find ways to fuck their victims.
>>
>IF YOU DONT DO WHA IS FORCED UPON YOU WELL FORCE VIOLENCE UPON YOU HAHAHA THIS IS JUSTICE BRO
>>
File: 1489376180631.jpg (103KB, 1694x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1489376180631.jpg
103KB, 1694x1133px
>>3088965
>empathy
>its just "imagine you are that guy".
>>
File: Varg Chan.jpg (87KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Varg Chan.jpg
87KB, 450x600px
>>3088977
>>
>9yo tier arguments in trying to save the idiot's guide to game theory;

>>3086321
>So, knowing how bad it is, why would you want to inflict that pain on other people?
Do babby tier philosphers actually need to be explained by, in abstract, people like hurting each other?
It's some primal dominance and adrenaline shit everyone from bullies to internet justice mobs have.
>>
File: 1487659783228.png (369KB, 477x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487659783228.png
369KB, 477x457px
>>3088992
delete this
>>
>>3088977
>Empathy is the capacity to understand or feel what another person is experiencing from within the other person's frame of reference, i.e., the capacity to place oneself in another's position
Yeah, at the base of it, empathy is just "imagine you are that guy"
And it has jack shit to do with morality.
I can imagine im that hobo, and my reaction can range from "poor guy, i should give him some change and buy him a coffee" to "fuck that parasite. Serves him right for being a lazy good-for-nothing that doesn't want to work and just does drugs"
I can imagine im a syrian refugee, and be anything from "#refugeeswelcome", to "scum-sucking, islamic subhuman that has come to leech welfare and implement Sharia in my backyard. Hope his shitty boat drowns in the sea".
I can imagine i'm a pensioner, and either help them out with groceries, or how to make said pensioner expose his account so i can steal his life savings.

In fact, certain studies have shown it can make you MORE racist and want to hurt that guy
https://aeon.co/essays/do-we-need-a-telepathy-machine-when-we-already-have-empathy
>>
File: 1483039898960.jpg (102KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483039898960.jpg
102KB, 350x350px
>>3089034
>>
>>3088994
Because bullies and internet justice mobs are pillars of morality, right?

Unless you want us to go back to square one of morality, I don't see how something can be justified because it's "primal". Most primal shit is done without thought.
>>
File: thinetapestry.png (1MB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
thinetapestry.png
1MB, 699x699px
>>3086166
Because it makes sense if you want to have an ordered coherent group, which isn't actively weakening itself and it's own chance of survival by having its members screwing each other over all willy nilly. If unchecked, it will disolve the group because if it's free for all, you don't have a group.

And that's all fine and dandy if that's how you wanna live, but then you're gonna be fucked when a rival group shows up that didn't tear itself apart with infighting, because now they outnumber you. We literally have this thread every second day. C'mon people it's not that difficult.
>>
File: 1492473800343.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1492473800343.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
>>3089042
>>
File: 1493285440468.jpg (180KB, 880x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493285440468.jpg
180KB, 880x1000px
>>3089351
>>
File: Vargen45.gif (485KB, 496x305px) Image search: [Google]
Vargen45.gif
485KB, 496x305px
>>3089387
>>
More like

>don't hurt others because someone will eventually get sick off your shit and fuck your shit up senpai
>>
>>3089144
>Because bullies and internet justice mobs are pillars of morality, right?
That's not the point i was making.
I was arguing against the "how could you contemplate hurting people, if you understood they got hurt" bullshit.
It's not some unknown, alien feeling.

It's a very pervasive and basic powerplay thing that everyone has gone through, at one point or another in their life(yes, including you).
>>
File: Varg.png (1MB, 1277x830px) Image search: [Google]
Varg.png
1MB, 1277x830px
>>3089393
>>
>>3088872
My decisions doesn't really impact my chance of being shot much at all.
>>
File: 1480975761112.png (98KB, 1131x879px) Image search: [Google]
1480975761112.png
98KB, 1131x879px
>>3086166
>people in modern times thinking any at all kind of violence or suffering is the worst thing that can be done in the entire world
Fucking hell, no wonder we stopped progressing
>>
>>3086166
>"don't hurt others"
>why?
>"because people don't like getting hurt so stop being an asshole, you fucking retard"

How fucking hard is it
>>
>>3089951
Not an argument.
>>
>>3089965
Neither is your statement, so I don't see what your point is.
>>
>>3089965
rand protag tier autism
>>
>>3089923
Since you seem to be so knowledgeable, please educate us on what can be considered worst.
>>
>>3086166
Don't be an asshole and you are a lot less likely to end up swallowing your teeth
>>
>>3086205
Sociopathy and hurting others are not inherently degenerate, but capitalism is.
>>
>whats the social contract nigga
>>
>>3090012
Don't remember signing it.
>>
>>3089965
How so?
You shouldn't hurt people because they don't like it.
>>
>>3090074
Why?
>>
>>3090031
You're free to not sign it. Just don't expect anyone to cooperate with you.
>>
>>3090081
Because you're a cunt if you hurt people, that is why.
>>
>>3090091
Not very convincing.
>>
>>3090097
Is someone kicking your teeth out for being a cunt more convincing then?
>>
It's a manner of hypocrisy. If screwing over as many people as you want in the name of your ego is okay, that makes it okay for others to do the same to you. If it isn't, you're a hypocrite operating on self-centric morality, which isn't really morality at all.
>>
>>3090111
How will you know I'm a cunt?
>>
>>3090118
Well, I already told you that hurting others make you a cunt
>>
>>3086166
"Don't hurt others so that others won't feel motivated to hurt you back" is a lot more reasonable, and is a lot more honest in my opinion.
>>
>>3090122
How will you know I'm hurting others?
>>
>>3090197
How will you know that I will not know you're hurting others?
>>
>>3086211
"If violence is okay why aren't you doing it around the clock with no breaks for relaxation?"
>>
>>3090116
>screwing over as many people as you want in the name of your ego is okay, that makes it okay for others to do the same to you
how does it make it okay for others to do the same to you?
>>
>>3090774
Way to leave out the word "if" from his quote, which clearly showed he was talking about a hypothetical moral system and not "what will happen if im bad"
>>
>>3090783
I figured other people would read the full quote just like you did and there would be no problem
>>
>>3090774
this is autism level of empathy
>>
>>3090774
Because they are doing the same as you are. Unless, under your sociopathic ideals only you are allowed to screw people without having to deal with the reprisal, hence why I provided the alternative "if it isn't".
>>
>>3091445
If I like hurting people that doesn't mean I'd be okay with others hurting me. It has nothing to do with ideals or morality. To say that is hypocritical is just you thinking that any of this has an ideal behind it and that it must be universal.
>>
File: 1382632344856.gif (7KB, 273x536px) Image search: [Google]
1382632344856.gif
7KB, 273x536px
>>
>>3086166
If you stab me I stab you and you try to stab me again leading to me attempting to kill you then one of your friends kills me then my friend kills you......
>>
>>3089874
Feeble bullshit and you know it.

Its the consent to the social contract. If no one agrees then yes your chances of being shot increase dramatically
>>
>>3092238
Yeah I mean actually someone should have bought up the blood feud system earlier. Familys used to go to war with one another all the time because one member got maimed or murdered. Used to last generations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feud#Blood_feuds
>>
>>3092249
My consent to the social contract has little impact on others consent.
I don't live in a small tribe.
>>
>>3092572
Whatever. You're just being argumentative.

If you want to be a dog you'll just get fucked by bigger stronger dogs
>>
>>3092572
Yes, in a large society, you can afford to be an uncooperative shithead.

You're still an uncooperative shithead in the end, though.
>>
>try to hurt others
>finally find someone who you cant just simply bully
>either have to be subservient or get fucked by him
>>
>>3092613
Is name calling the extant of your argument?
>>
>147 replies
& Humanities was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>3092649
>wah stop discussing the human condition and other important questions
>keep jerking off about muh military battles and muh romans
>>
>makes sense

If it needs to be founded on reason, try Kant.
>>
>>3092657
>I actually understand what the golden rule is but I'm being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.
>So deep and profound XDDD
& Humanities was a mistake.
>>
>>3092668
>implying the golden rule makes sense
>>
>>3092671
>L-look mom I did it again!
So profound.
>>
People act like a lot of odd things make sense when they beleive in the supernatural, it comes from Karma, weak people that get bullied need something to stop strong people hurting them, spreading word of karma will only worry people who do wrong of the consequences that may happen through supernatural forces.
It does not need to make sense, but acting like it makes sense convinces others not to go on a killing spree if the punishment is of no worry to them.
>>
>>3092681
?
>>
>>3086166
People with functioning brains have "mirror neurons". Mirror neurons make you feel an aproximation of what you see other people doing, feeling, etc.
This allows you to mimic their behavior.
Normal people can "feel" an aproximation of others people's suffering. So they try to avoid infflicting it. Because it feels bad to see it and know it happening.
Certain people with certain types of brain damage cannot feel this.
>>
>>3091499
We can be more autistic than this. Why stop?

Please. Define "morality".
>>
>>3093036
Maybe people with mirror neurons are the ones with brain damage.
>>
>>3093071
if you were the person I was responding to you brought up morality first so it's pretty pathetic of you to ask me to define it
>>
>>3090012
An enlightenment meme, one of many that belongs in the fire.
>>3092661
Reason is nonexistent and Kant is a kunt
>>
>>3093036
Neurons aren't real.
>>
>>3089144
Morality is without thought. It's nonsense humanism. There is only one square.
>>
>>3086166
>don't hurt others
>be a nice, friendly, supportive guy
>gain bros
>get in a fight
>bros back you up
or
>hurt others
>be a shitty guy
>may or may not get buddies
>get in a fight
>"buddies" abandon you when the sitch gets hot

It's up to you
>>
>>3093454
Not an argument.
>>
/his/ unironically needs to read Neechee and stop assuming kindness ought to have a motivator.
>>
File: 1485146546297.jpg (104KB, 560x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1485146546297.jpg
104KB, 560x1477px
>>3093464
not sure if baiting or serious redditfag
>>
>>3093471
>anybody that doesn't fall for my enlightenment memes must be le redditor xxd\xd\xcdf
>>
File: 1471840955319.gif (975KB, 229x302px) Image search: [Google]
1471840955319.gif
975KB, 229x302px
>>3093481
Only because you didn't want to say what you didn't like about what I said.

This is no place for faggots too afraid to share their opinions on an anonymous bamboo-weaving Taiwanese imageboard.
>>
>>3093486
I did share my opinion. Why are you demanding complexity where it does not exist?
>>
>>3093496
Okay okay okay
WHY is it not an argument then?
>>
>>3087381
t. vegan
>>
literally only religion can solve this question
>>
>>3086205
/thread
>>
>>3088965
It makes sense to most normal people with functional consciences.
see>>3086205
Get help.
>>
>>3093076
>just simply bully
>>either have to be subservient or get fucked by hi
yes because a society like this would be prosperous>>3092172
social constructions aside, evolution is about the greatest fitness from certain genes(often developed from mutations). People with functional mirror neurons (regardless if that "mutation" came first), were more likely to survive and reproduce.
>>
>>3093329
You belong in the fire.
No seriously go ahead. Start treating people however you want and don't be surprised when you end up in a fire and no one gives a rat's ass about saving you(or worse decide to throw your ass in the fire themselves).
>>
ITT OP can't grasp at basic human behavior that even 5 yo child understands
>>
>>3095087
t. redditor
>>3095096
>le human nature meme
2017 not 1720 m8
>>
Kinda off-topic, brainlet here, but I want to know, do people like OP are self-conscious of their autism and sociopathy? If so, why they do not try to change? Are they incapable of? I'm not smart enough to have an argument about morality and shit, but isn't it just common sense to try to be a nice person? Being serious here
>>
>>3086196
Doesn't that mean it's okay to hurt those outside of my society?
>>
>>3098047
What incentive is there too change?
>>
i think it means you shouldn't be an aggressive asshole(the literal interpretation is ridiculous)
>>
>>3098299
Yes. That's what soldiers do.
>>
>>3086401
Somewhat off topic,
do travelers/vagrants/gutterpunks/hobos/tramps just get away with crime when they travel? it seems to me like if i hitchhike into a town, commit some petty theft, then leave a few days later there wouldn't really be anything to go on. are fingerprint databases countrywide in the US or something?
>>
>>3086166
>Why do people act like this makes sense?

as you can tell by this thread, it's because people are fucking retarded
>>
>>3098692
>>3098692
to responsd properly

all these rationalizations came *after* people behaving morally.

that is to say, people behave morally because (insert various reasons, some innate, some learned) and then come up with these justifications (like in the op) for why they behave the way they do

so my point is, people don't behave morally because "because would you want somoene to hurt you", rather they behave morally in the first place based on pre-existing reasons and then come up with justifications like "because would you want etc" for why tey behaved the way they did

essentially the desire to hurt people, or to be repulsed by the idea is mostly innate. people ar just born with the inclination to act in the way they do (for example, psychopaths are born without this). all this talk of morality etc is just post-hoc justifications for what are innate, inborn desires (with perhaps some part being learned based on what's right according to what's ones culture)

basically, you really can't justify *why* someone ought not hurt anyone else, because either they're born with that innate desire to act morally, or they aren't. you can't appeal to any golden role or anything, because that's *not* why people act morally - that's just a post-hoc justification for why they do

for people who aren't born with these inborn desires we have things like prison/laws/courts etc which goes some way to mitigating the problem, but as you know some people break the system and live their entire lives hurting people and getting away with it. the system isn't perfect.

basically, if you don't have the desire to not hurt people in the first place, nobody can convince you that that's what one ought not do.
>>
File: IMG_4696.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4696.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3087518

Thousands of years of culture where that was necessary and disassociation from animals/farming for many people?

also meat is gud
>>
>>3086205
lefty/pol/ shoehorning what they think is a clever remark about Capitalism
>>
File: 1499241355824.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1499241355824.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>3087588
>empathy isn't logical

Autism Here
>>
Why is /his/ so spooked?
>>
>>3086166
because most people don't feel they need to base the social contract in rationality because people feel like it generally works.

if you want an actual answer to
> why
start with reading some Kant, some of Hume's critique, and go from there
>>
>>3099163
>spooked
Its boring and repetitive. Some edgy fuckwit always brings it up

Also OP is just being an argumentative wanker really. Its not controversial. For the people who won't behave out of choice there are consequences. Its not an option to not face consequences.
>>
>>3098526
If law enforcement has reason to believe you've moved on, they'll forward your appearance and suspected crimes on to the jurisdiction nearest you so they know to look out for you. Eventually, the cops are going to have more than enough information to judge where you are, what you've done, and what you like to do.
>>
>>3099188
>Also OP is just being an argumentative wanker really
Source?
>>
>>3099211
Bringing up morality then asking the person he brought it up with to define it stands out
>>
If your answer to this question is "there will be consequences" you'd better at least believe in an afterlife.
>>
>>3099214
I didn't do that.
>>
>>3099300
Not an argument ;)
>>
>>3099306
It was a statement.
>>
>>3086166
people feel less justified in retaliation when they have not been aggressed upon, as well, people tend to form cultural norms and mimic behavior of peers, enough individuals practicing nonviolence can normalize it

if you want to be autistic about it, there's no cosmic rule that says you shouldn't hurt others, and the golden rule is technically a spook, but you're on the road to getting the shit beat out of you by someone who plays by the same rules you do
>>
>do it or you'll get beat up
Top notc philopsh.
>>
>>3098047
>common sense
Common sense is no/sense. Commonity is the opposite of validity.
>>
>>3099175
>reading hacks
>>
>>3089040
Completely correct. Empathy does not elicit sympathy or kindness. It's just the ability to understand others and (initially) separate them from your own biases.
>>
>>3086166
It's very simple. If you hurt someone you may face consequences. If the consequences are in favour of your interests then do so. But most of the time the consequences aren't in favourablity of your interests because hurting someone wasn't in someone else interests. Thusly your interests are at the whim of someone else interests.

Obviously if you can get away with the hurting you have no reason to fear consequences. But always make sure the long term effects won't hurt you. Such as if you murder the whole polictical class of a nation and then get murdered by some guy that walked into your house because the police had been disbanded.

So a more refined statement is, your interests are at the whim of everyone else's interests.
>>
There's several arguments in favor of that, the first being "We'll eventually catch you and everyone will fuck you up." The second being "If you fuck me, I'll fuck you and we degenerate into an endless man-train as society collapses around us.", with the third and probably most popular being, "There's a universal system of balance (God, karma, Eternal Law, The All) that runs through this plane of existence and if you break it, you will pay for it, here or hereafter."

Whatever you believe, bad things will eventually happen to you and to all of us when you disregard this universal and eternal principle.
>>
What do you gain from hurting others? All you do is damaging a potentially functional member of society. You fuck them up and they might drag others down with them because we're all somewhat dependent on each other.
And of course empathy and not giving in to our most primal urges (rage, anger, sadism) divide us from lower animals. You wan't to be so smart? Think about the shit you do and stop being edgy.
>>
>>3100280
>What do you gain from hurting others?
money and/or pleasure
>>
>>3100861
Fucking sadist
>>
>>3086166
There's no reason to be a good person really.

If the only reason you're kind to others is because you're scared of hell, or want to go to heaven, or don't want to be hurt by others, then you aren't being virtuous. You're just looking out for yourself.

The only reason to act virtuous is because it is good. If there were other reasons to act virtuous, the idea of virtue would be poisoned. It would be impossible to know whether someone is virtuous or not by their actions.
>>
>>3098299
If I were to kill a refugee from another country without a good reason, my society would still punish me. However, if I were to leave my own country and kill someone my society would look down on me but I don't think I could actually be punished. I might be extradited to the country where the killing took place though.

I am more addressing the legality of it though, not the morality
>>
>>3086443
It is caused by an aggregate of individuals' actions. If no one in Chicago thought they could get away with hurting someone then the crime rate would lower. It would not disappear, however.
>>
>>3101270
My actions are still neglagible.
>>
File: this is an argument.jpg (12KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
this is an argument.jpg
12KB, 343x147px
>>3086166
>be a human civilization
>From the beginning you know that being bad for another person is evil
and there is /his/
Um.. I have autism and I think different so you are wrong ;DDDDD
KYS please
>>
File: WantedToSeeGokuAgain.....jpg (107KB, 789x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WantedToSeeGokuAgain.....jpg
107KB, 789x1000px
>>3086166

In all the various forms, shapes, sizes and times; there are the monsters. Those who know of the pain, suffering and misery they inflict on their fellow sentient beings- and they simply don't care; neither emotionally or intellectually. I'm not referring to the people thrust into unfortunate circumstances; I'm referring to those who have every opportunity to choose a better path, but they don't. They simply choose to be evil.

Some people just decide to be the monster and the only thing you can do to stop them is to lock them in a cage or kill them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdvReNKKuk
>>
A thread died for this retardation
>>
>>3098471
Maybe that people won't think you're an autistic manchild and an asshole? Or you are like that guy in the Big Bang Theory who is so autistic he doesn't give a fuck about others? I mean, if you want to be an asshole it's ok buddy, nobody will give a fuck about you either, if you think a lonely and bitter existence is the one for you, go for it.
>>
>>3100861
I seriously think that if you spend your days here, you have neither of those lad. What a pitiful existence.
>>
>>3089040

ONLY good post itt

Every other answer is spooked as fuck, too
>>
>>3086166

You are right, OP. Every single answer itt is wrong and stupid. However, let me grace you with the only correct answer:

Q: Why not hurt others?
A: Because acting 'moral' (as defined by myself) is what I want to do.

There you have it. Perfect, simple, nonspooked reasoning. Thanks for the thread, hope you have a nice day.
>>
File: woke1.png (576KB, 700x767px) Image search: [Google]
woke1.png
576KB, 700x767px
>>3098869
>why does shit cost money!?
>>
>>3103203
>Maybe that people won't think you're an autistic manchild and an asshole?
Why would they think that?
> if you think a lonely and bitter existence is the one for you, go for it.
I don't see how that follows.
>>3103211
So anyone who uses 4chan is unhappy, poor, and pitiful?
>>
File: 1496206977171.jpg (47KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496206977171.jpg
47KB, 564x400px
Once again, "& Humanities" creates another quality thread.
>>
>>3103730
What is your issue with thread?
>>
>we should act like animals and hurt each other for short term immediate benefit
>why?
>because we're animals
>but we're smarter than animals?
>who the fuck cares you stupid nerd now hand over your wife and money or I'll kill you

later, while fucking the nerd's wife over the nerd's dead body
>ah yes this is the best, truly paradise on earth
>>
>>3104057
>rationally making decisions to achieve your goals
>acting like animal
>>
>>3086417
how are they able to calculate this if they got away with it?
>>
File: MoralSystems.png (162KB, 1174x769px) Image search: [Google]
MoralSystems.png
162KB, 1174x769px
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.