[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished niall Ferguson's civilisation (audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1496529622181.png (434KB, 1186x889px) Image search: [Google]
1496529622181.png
434KB, 1186x889px
So I just finished niall Ferguson's civilisation (audio book). Anyone else checked this treatise out? Up to but not including chapter 5 its almost as good as jarred diamonds. Chapter 5 to end seemed like niall wanted to get his word count up.

What are some other good preferably audio book works I can work my way through?
>>
>>3085350

Kenneth Clarke's "Civilisation" and Bronkowski's "The Ascent of Man".
>>
>>3085350
People who can't differentiate between Germans and Germanics should be banned from /his/.
>>
File: Fred.jpg (14KB, 220x280px) Image search: [Google]
Fred.jpg
14KB, 220x280px
>>3085350
Where am I?!
>>
>>3085653
OP's pic is obviously beyond retarded but Frederick II was a faggot who also waged war.
At least he introduced judicature in Prussia and did away with absolute monarchy.
>>
File: 1493015695675.jpg (13KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
1493015695675.jpg
13KB, 512x287px
>>3085350
> martin luther
> plunging europe into decades of religious war
> implying war wasnt a constant in europe for hundreds of years
im getting real tired of all you muh martin luther ruined europe faggots
>>
slavlets are getting really desperate lately.
>>
Marx was a jew
>>
>>3085350
I thought everyone here had an unfavorable opinion towards Diamond?
>>
>>3085350
whats with the *
>>
I'm reading guns germs and steel on my commute. What's wrong with it? Do you guys really think Napoleon would've done shit living in the Australian outback in 2000 BC?

It doesn't excuse the shitness of all non whites today, of course, but i don't see what threat it is.
>>
File: westernschism.jpg (172KB, 934x726px) Image search: [Google]
westernschism.jpg
172KB, 934x726px
>>3086582
It also ignores the fact that religious wars had been going in in Europe since the buildup to the papal schism. The Catholic church really ruined itself, protestants were the aftermath.
>>
>>3086829
You do realize the abos themselves turned the outback into what it is today right?
>>
>>3086582
>>3086582
But he did ruin Europe. His invention separated Northern Europe from south which led to social unrest, rebellions, and bloody wars. While war did occasionally occur between European states before as with England vs France it wasn't constant or genocidal. The war took 3.5 million lives in 100+years while the 30 year war took almost 6 million-11million lives and culturally and religiously separated Europe.
>>
>>3086777
>Born in Prussia
>Not a kraut

Snowniggers not even once
>>
File: 1499962327335.jpg (45KB, 596x595px) Image search: [Google]
1499962327335.jpg
45KB, 596x595px
>>3086919
> implying the """""""holy""""""" """""""roman""""""" """""""empire""""""" and habsburg realm wasnt already unstable
> implying alot of deaths of the 30 years war wasnt the result of catholic france entering the war on the side of the protestant princes to weaken the catholic german emperor
> implying that translating the bible into german for peasants didnt standardize the german language and lead to the creation of a unifying german culture which eventually lead to the german scientific and engineering achievements of modern times
why even post on a history board if you cant understand basic context and cause and effect
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.