[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I just returned from a two-week trip to Jordan where we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 19095482_1494018029.5531.jpg (98KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
19095482_1494018029.5531.jpg
98KB, 800x533px
>I just returned from a two-week trip to Jordan where we were filming scenes for a new series, which we are calling Patterns of Evidence: Moses. This series will be centered around the life of Moses, and the route of the Exodus after the Israelites left Egypt

>Patterns of Evidence: Moses will take on these questions with the same balanced approach that was so successful in our previous film. This new project will be a multi-part series of 55-minute episodes making the material easier to digest and giving more time to investigate all the evidence, locations and points of view (positive or negative) concerning connections to the Bible.

>I was accompanied by Egyptologist David Rohl, who believes that Mount Sinai was located near the traditional site in the Sinai Peninsula. Dr. Lennart Moller, a DNA researcher who also traveled with me to Jordan, believes that Mount Sinai is actually in Saudi Arabia where archaeological evidence of the Israelites can still be found today

http://patternsofevidence.com/blog/2017/04/24/patterns-of-evidence-jordan-and-the-next-chapter/
>>
>>3084361
nice ad fucko

too lazy to sage
>>
Moses wasn't real. Everyone in Europe knows that.

What the actual fuck is wrong with Americans?
>>
File: macdonald_reynolds-640x480.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
macdonald_reynolds-640x480.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>3085193
what part of "inerrant inspired word of gome" don't you understand?
>>
>>3085193
how the fuck do you know what every single european believes from your basement apartmen
>>
>>3085208

Because nobody is fucking retarded enough to believe that shit

Americans are the ones who can't tell fact from fiction. Noahs arc isn't realistic but that doesn't bother Americans much.
>>
>>3085193

Moses almost certainly existed, his life has become fully mythologised but /someone/ founded Judaism. It's kind of like Herakles and Jesus, they were probably actual people but so little is known of the real figures while their myths are so widely celebrated that all we can say is "well, /someone/ founded Dodekatheoism / Christianity"
>>
>>3085217
Your posts are an embarrassment to atheism. Any valid point can be ruined by making a case in a retarded way and this is an example of that.
>>
>>3085233

There was no exodus of Jews from Egypt. It didn't happen.
Moses is a made up character and if nothing about his life had anything to do with reality, he wasn't real.
>>
>>3085217

I would gladly kick you in the nuts you son of a whore
>>
>>3085249
>There was no exodus of Jews from Egypt. It didn't happen.

Moses and his followers (the Levites) came from Egypt, Exodus was originally their story, only much later did it become the founding myth for all Israelites. Moses is almost certainly real because of one fact: His name is conspicuously Egyptian and non-Hebraic. Had he been a mythical figure, the Jews would have given him a Hebrew name.
>>
>>3085233
the only one of those people considered to be historical by historians is jesus
>>
>>3085263

Given that you're an illiterate, I don't much care what your opinion is.
>>
>>3085262

So this is the kind of logic Americans teach in bible university.

Just because they knew what kind of names Egyptians used doesn't mean there's any truth to the fairytale of Moses.
>>
>>3085271

How about the fact that even his political rivals, the followers of Aaron, nonetheless agree that Moses was the one who lead them from Egypt?
>>
>>3085277

Who cares? It didn't happen.
>>
>>3085262
are you implying that jews would have zero knowledge of the language of their closest neighbors, who they were vassals of on and off during the fall of the assyrian empire? deuteronomy in particular has anti-egyptian sentiment in it which says that the king cannot but egyptian horses. important to note that this is put in the mouth of Moses and reasoned based on the exodus, despite obviously belonginf to a later time period
>>
>>3085287

Learn to write and I might bother to read your posts.
>>
>The scholarly consensus is that the figure of Moses is legendary, and not historical,[8] although a "Moses-like figure" may have existed somewhere in the southern Transjordan in the mid-13th century BC.[31] Certainly no Egyptian sources mention Moses or the events of Exodus-Deuteronomy, nor has any archaeological evidence been discovered in Egypt or the Sinai wilderness to support the story in which he is the central figure.[32] The story of his discovery picks up a familiar motif in ancient Near Eastern mythological accounts of the ruler who rises from humble origins
>>
>>3085277
>How about the fact that more made-up people, who followed some other made-up entity acknowledged within the made-up text that the other made-up guy was the one who carried out the made-up story
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.