[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know k/d is a big fat meme, but this still seems like a poor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: mem.png (107KB, 295x945px) Image search: [Google]
mem.png
107KB, 295x945px
I know k/d is a big fat meme, but this still seems like a poor performance by the allies in the closing stages of the war
>>
there was no rush, americans were green against a competent enemy, even if it only showed its face once in a while on the western front in the form of panzer divisions

you need to understand by 1944 it was clear the war will be won and letting the germans keep up the soviet union is beneficial

>less losses
>weaker soviets
>we will snail our way into germany anyway with all the troops and equipment we have
>>
>>3080004
I used to be convinced the Russians lost the most people in the war overall, when I actually looked I was astounded by how many Germans were killed. You really gotta look at the overall.
>>
>>3080191
If you include civilian deaths, the Soviet Union and China lost the most by a long shot.
>>
>>3081411
If you're not letting your civilians die as China then you should play another civ
>>
>>3080020
Hurtgen Woods was a monumental clusterfuck, one of the instances where the US Army got undeniably BTFO.

Patton's Lorraine Campaign was a complete success but he wasn't exactly going up against the beast Bradley was up against at Hurtgen. Still, it makes you wonder what would've happened if Patton got the gas he needed to drive into Germany.
>>
>>3080004
We could replace our losses. The Germans could not. Overall the Western Allies took very few casualties in comparison to the Germans and Russians and we had a very good k/d.

>>3080191
>I used to be convinced the Russians lost the most people in the war overall
Except they did

Germany took 5 million military casualties (killed) and close to a million civilian casualties

USSR took like 20 million killed
>>
>>3080004
Training wasnt impecable back then for US troops sad to say.
They kicked ass but alot of them were pretty ignorant when it came to sticking your head over cover or running in the open.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.