[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do places like 4chan, specifically /pol/ but other boards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Why do places like 4chan, specifically /pol/ but other boards as well, hate Henry Kissinger so much? I don't personally know all the much about him, but he seems to be a major reason why we won the Cold War.

People talk about the ""war-crimes"" he committed but don't mention how the Soviets did the exact same thing in the same countries for the most part?

Is it because he's responsible for countries being destabilized in LA? Would they prefer them to have fallen to Communism, or have a violent war like Korea or Vietnam?

Is it because he supported the Muja-hadeen, which distantly relates to the islamic terrorism in the present day. Even though it existed before America ever even supported them.

Is it because he's Jewish?
>>
He was the architect of the "America as world police" style of governance that many people nowadays do not like
>>
>>3079122
But that does more to stabilize the world than anything, right?

I get why a nationalist wouldn't like that, because it leads to a drain on resources. But that has also led to a age of unchecked prosperity in the world, and one of the few times where every country is developing further and further, excluding ones that try to stay distant from the U.S. such as Russia/North Korea
>>
>>3079145
the issue is people use his policy style without accounting for blowback
>>
>>3079145
>stabilization is good
Back to /r/eddit
>prosperity
Fuck off, modernist.
>>
>>3079116
Kissinger pretended to be a lot smarter than he was. Many of the policies he implemented saw America's reputation dragged through the mud, its military eroded as a capable fighting force, and the spread of anti american feeling in Latin America as well as the spread of communism in south east asia.

Aside from that, he was great.
>>
>>3079116
Because he fucked up, a lot.
>>
>>3079116
He did things that both sides in today's political climate hate. The left hates him because of his handling of Latin and South America, ambivalence to human rights, and sticking our noses into everything. Today's right hates him because he is rightfully seen as a globalist who, in overlap with the left, helped expand US influence abroad to the point where we are overwhelmed today.

Henry Kissinger will be remembered in history as one of the best diplomatic players of the 20th Century.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.