[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the man always usually tried to pick the most attractive sexual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: XIX century syphilis victim.jpg (116KB, 660x985px) Image search: [Google]
XIX century syphilis victim.jpg
116KB, 660x985px
If the man always usually tried to pick the most attractive sexual partner, thus giving his offsprings better looks via partner's genes...

Does it mean that the older the times were, the uglier people looked in overall?
>>
But 'ugly' and 'beautiful' are kinda subjective. Some things that were considered beautiful back then, are considered ugly now etc.
>>
>>3077973
>Does it mean that the older the times were, the uglier people looked in overall?

Perhaps in pre civilization times, arragned marriages being the norm killed this aspect of evolution pretty hard.
>>
>>3078024
They're really not. Facial composites tend to an attractive mean for a reason. Objective ideal beauty is a real thing that pemeatrs the universe which humans strive to seek.
>>
>>3077973
That's assuming several things:

1) that the same genes that make men attractive are the same that make women look better.

2) genes for attractiveness don't interfere at all with other factors (disease, ability to procure food, etc.)

3) attractive and ugly people reproduced at the same rate, ceteris paribus

4) genes interact with each other in relatively simple, easily predictable patterns

As I'm not sure any 4 of those are true, my guess is "highly doubtful".
>>
>>3078050
>4.)
>t. a non geneticists
>>
>>3078045
I think he means in terms of cultural trends.
Such as fatter people=rich
Pasty pale skin=attractive
And shit like pic related(seriously no eye brows what the fuck is the point?)
>>
File: peasant.png (338KB, 778x658px)
peasant.png
338KB, 778x658px
>>3077973

Maybe rulers and various other well traveled people.

If you were a peasant you were rather limited in your partners since you never traveled more than 5 miles from your hut for your entire life.
>>
>>3078462
Or black teeth for the japs and central asians love of unibrows.
>>
>>3078045
Only the Uzbek, Welsh, Irish, Finnish and French are attractive in that pic tho tbqh
>>
>>3078488
Fucking this so much. I still don't get it? They thought it preserved teeth but the mixture was of vinegar which is an acid.
As for the central Asian thing. Did they just like it painted on or did they really hold people born with unibrows to high regard?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.