[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time I research some German defeat in WWII I notice a consistent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1498173082195.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498173082195.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Every time I research some German defeat in WWII I notice a consistent pattern of Hitler fucking it up. For example, letting the British escape in Dunkirk just to show his Generals who's the boss or literally sleeping while the Allies invaded Normandy. Was he that stupid?
>>
>>3076664
He convinced himself that he was a master strategist. When many of his generals warned that France might not fall easily, when indeed it did, he thought he knew better than his generals.
>>
>>3076664
Then you haven't done much research, in fact, I've doubt you've done any research.

How did Hitler fuck up El Alamein? Yelnya? Torch? Husky? Avalanche? Dragoon? Bagration? Jassny-Kishniev? Crusader? Vyzama?

>letting the British escape in Dunkirk just to show his Generals who's the boss
This is wrong. Both Von Rundstedt and Von Kluge recommended the halt order. How exactly was Hitler "Showing them who's the boss" by agreeing with their recommendations?

>or literally sleeping while the Allies invaded Normandy.
As opposed to doing what? Launching an immediate counterattack that very notably failed when they tried that at Salerno?
>>
>>3076664
Hitler had no major tactical disagreements with his general staff until 1943, at that point the war was over.
>>
>>3076664

Hitler actually wasn't all that bad of a military leader, to be perfectly honest. Most of the "dumb" decisions he made are actually quite understandable once you understand the reasons behind them.
>>
>>3077145
Ehh, not really, but a lot of Hitler's bad ideas aren't the ones that get bandied around in the mass audience. People like to focus on Dunkirk, or the diversion towards Kiev, which were at least reasonable ideas.

You don't usually see people talking about diverting 13 divisions to garrison Norway, or setting up rival commands in OKH and OKW, which are much 'drier' sorts of mistakes.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.