[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that skin color was not a consideration in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1678.jpg (417KB, 686x967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1678.jpg
417KB, 686x967px
Is it true that skin color was not a consideration in the Roman Empire?
>>
>>3074192
It wasn't because most Romans wouldn't consider even other Italians citizens.
>>
>>3074213
t. Sulla
>>
>>3074192

The group that was most reviled in Roman society was Gauls, who we nowadays would call French/German.
>>
>>3074192
Yes the Roman Empire was the height of tolerance. A golden age of humanity.
>>
>>3074213

As time went on, the definition of "Roman Citizen" was slowly expanded, until the logical conclusion was reached when Emperor Caracalla decreed that every free man living in the Empire was a roman citizen.
>>
>>3074192
They seemed to hate germanic/gaulic/steppe people a lot so they probably discriminated them a lot too.
>>
>>3074192
Culture was more important. The Greeks thought the same too.
>>
>>3074248
Funny how neither of those civilizations exist anymore. Really makes you think
>>
>>3074250
really fires up my almonds
>>
>>3074247
Germans yes, but Gaul became a central part of the Empire, and Senators from Gaul were quite quickly inducted, albeit those senators were Roman immigrants. Over time, they intermarried with the local gallic population, but still continued to send senators to Rome.
>>
>>3074258
I guess it depends on the time frame.
>>
In empire that large, you're probably gonna have to deal with a few brown people.
>>
>>3074216
No, punics were hated above all else. Jews too. Gauls got fully integrated and accepted, jews never were.
>>
Disgusting piss hair germs would have been killed or enslaved on sight and rightfully so.

Niggers would have been good for a laugh unless they killed or raped people in which case off to the chopping block.
>>
>>3074267
>>3074267
You mean deal with white people. Romans were the brown ones.
>>
>>3074281
Ebin meme xd
>>
File: we wuz romans n shit.png (7KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz romans n shit.png
7KB, 260x194px
>>3074289
>>
>>3074281
Romans were olive skinned to White. They weren't as Brown as Indians, for example.
>>
>>3074294
>>3074289
>>3074281
>>3074267

Please go back to /pol/ you retards
>>
>>3074250
Well the g*rmans destroyed them
>>
Daily reminder the Romans had no concept of racial purity
>>
>>3074308
>Black people and Jews want to treat Southern Europeans as if their historical experiences have been no different from wasp their entire existence despite that not being an iota true
>/pol/ are nordcucks who hate Southern Europeans and treat them like Arabs
Seems like we get screwed and misunderstood anyway you look at.
>>
File: IMG_0663.jpg (179KB, 907x849px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0663.jpg
179KB, 907x849px
>>3074308
>'Please go back to /pol/ you retards' he says...
>...as he cuddles his wife's son, Kanye Lincoln Goldstein.
>He sips his chai-tea, makes a smug look at the racist, nazi trolls on 4chan (go figure?).
>This place needs to be more like Tumblr, that site his Woman's Studies classmates told him about.
>We'll get there, he thinks, we'll get there.
>>
>>3074330
>>3074322

Grow up. I don't know why drumpftards are so immature
>>
>>3074346
>talking about Romans and Italians
>Brings up Donald Trump
I can't tell if it's satire anymore.
>>
>>3074250
Roman civilization is still around tho
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.