[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of the Articles of Confederacy VS The Constitution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1499396105164.png (31KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1499396105164.png
31KB, 785x757px
What is your opinion of the Articles of Confederacy VS The Constitution and the Federalists VS anti Federalists? How would the US have turned out if we never ratified the constitution and kept with the articles of confederacy? Also if you can express your current political views for context that would be great.
>>
>>3066282
A shithole essentially. I'm glad the articles are no more.
>>
Though it's tough to justify the continued usage of the Articles at the time of their use, I do think that the spirit behind that document has been ignored too often.
>>
>>3066295
I like to think the constitution and bill of rights were better but I can't help to think there would be a better alternative which minimized the federal governments power while also including the bill of rights. The Federalists did not want the bill of rights. They threw the anti Federalists a bone by allowing them to pass that for the ratification of the contrition AFAIK
>>
>>3066304
I feel like the Bill of Rights are more powerful and potentially enduring than the Constitution desu famalam
>>
>>3066299
Could you elaborate more on the justification of the article at its time? Im just now indulging in this part of history in depth so I'm not too familiar with how it played out
>>
>>3066310
I agree, which is why I see an alternative to the constitution without repealing the articles of confederation.
>>
>>3066282
Europe was a continent, rich in nautral resources, which was effectively squandered through constant war and rivalries, two american states had already gone to war over a border dipsute in the new USA, under the articles of confederation this happened with nothing to reign it in, if America was not truely united as a single country then it would've turned into a glofirifed second mainland of europe.
>>
>>3066325
Huh, interesting. Didn't know about the states going to war but I knew it would've been inevitable under the articles.
>>
>>3066314
Well, the key concept here is state sovereignty. At the time of the adoption of the Articles, the overriding ethic behind the formation of government was localizing (to a certain extent) the exercise of power. Strong, distant central power was an understandable fear of the former colonies. However, because of the ties forged during the revolution, the idea of a larger, semi-binding alliance (confederation) between the new American states led to the (premature?) birth of the United States. Reconciling state sovereignty and central power would be the big issue faxing the framers of the Constitution.
>>
>>3066358
You put that in a really good way, thanks
>>
>>3066282
The articles were literally thrown together last-minute so that we as a country could have *some* form of independent government throughout the revolutionary war. They were a fucking mess.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.