[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is transgenderism a new thing or has it been around since time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 37

File: IMG_0714.jpg (184KB, 637x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0714.jpg
184KB, 637x902px
Is transgenderism a new thing or has it been around since time immemorial? Sorry, I can't post this on the containment board because of the bias. Thanks.
>>
you can post this on the containment board though; there are sane people who will give you some insight. Not everyone there [lesbeans] is pro-trans
>>
>>3066064
Oh, I meant /pol/
>>
>>3066049
I mean it's transphobe who say trans people will always be the gender assigned to them so like why be upset when they reproduce in a way that transphobes say is "natural".

Gender variance is a human constant at least since the advent of the Neolithic so get used to it.
>>
I read a story about a roman emperor who would dress up as a women and prostitute himself outside the palace to men and then brag about being more popular to other female prostitutes.
>>
>>3066064
That's only because trannies keep spamming the lesbian threads about their dick.
>>
>>3066049
I'd say it's been around for a long time but was always dismissed as lunacy or something until recently when greater understanding came about
>>
>>3066049
Its a sympton of mental Illness and has been around for thousands of years by all records. We know its a mental illness because it can be cured with anti-psychotics
>>
There have been lots of third genders in cultures throughout history.

In India and Pakistan, there are hijras, which are sort of like trans women, but are not considered either male or female
>>
>>3066049
Transsexual surgery/therapy is a modern"treatment" which is invented at Europe during 1930's for treating "Sexual Identity Disorder". Use your brain for a second and you'll know this. And transsexual surgery can't really change your sex, only your appearance.

Also, I feel very sorry for these fuckers' kids and parents. Such a degenerated travesty.
>>
>>3066111
No, that's not true though. There isn't a cure.

That's the kind of thing people said about homosexuality and in some cases continue to say
>>
>>3066049
There have been examples of similar things throughout history, but transgenderism itself is a modern concept based on modern gender science. The earliest example I know is a Stone Age grave where a person of one sex was buried with grave goods normally associated with the other sex. Lucius Cornelis Sulla Felix also famously associated with fringers, and is on record as flattering an "aged transvestite".

The historical evidence is pretty clear on the existence of gender-related issues. But gender science itself is a new concept.
>>
it's literally STILL only at the most 0.05% of the US population but they just get a retarded amount of publicity.
>>
It's something that isn't as simple as just accepting. It really only happens on a small amount of population and those who are legit and not just attention whoring live really though lives. Should we investigate and help these persons? Of course, but it's not a godamm facebook trend fpr people to jerkoff their retarded and unsubstantiated ideas of gender identity.
>>
>>3066049
Trannies are gross.

What's wrong with just regular ol' boipussy?
>>
>I can't post on the containment board because they disagree with me and I'm really only here for validation, not discussion

B2R
>>
>>3066598
What irks me is that it's coming from both sides. Just take that American bathroom issue. It's fucking ridiculous either way, because the affected population is small enough to go by ad hoc decisions, tailored to the individual and their community.

Yet both sides suddenly turned into bathroom dictators. But it's just piss and shit. All this safe space nonsense assumes there are tons of assholes and sexual predators just waiting to pounce in bathrooms. And how the fuck are you even going to check this shit, anyway?
>>
>>3066083
>Roman emperor

That just tells us that gender-bending is peak degeneracy
>>
>>3066615
>implying this isn't the contaiiment board

/pol/ is 4chan's bread and butter, you ingrate
>>
>>3066661
bathrooms never needed to be segragated in the first place. what a waste of resources
>>
>>3066049

That mental illness has been around a long time, but we're better at enabling it today than we used to be.
>>
>>3066087
Screencap?
>>
>>3066049
youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Q5WaXgEjBz8&t=4m41s
>>
>>3066049
>a heterosexual white couple having a child

Whats the problem here again?
/pol/ sperges about everything these days.
>>
>>3066087
There's a reason why the lesbian generals are labelled "Cis LesGen" instead of just "lesbian general". They need to keep those fucking trannies out.
>>
>>3066083
Well anon, would you?
>>
>>3066049
This really makes me repulsive....
Fucking disgusting!
>>
>>3066049

your example is kinda oximoronic cause they basicaly started a heterosexual family and embodied the whole form follows function thing based on biologicaly inherent differences in anatomy, neurology and organ function, all the way to the one with the dick being obviously the domminant one

whatever transmogrification of worldwiews and identities it took them to get to that point was probably the thing that enabled them to breed at all, without that neither of them would probably reproduced, and noone would have seen anything strange or unusual about that, some random dyke and some random beta that just go trough their 30/40 alone and likely jump of a building at some point, perfectly normal

this is a example of instinctive drives breaking out into spaces where they can actualy satisfy the deep and primal need for role, place and function in a order of things, thats as traditional as it gets these days
>>
You have these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)

Which have existed for millennia.

However, I do think they get an absurd amount of publicity today, which is a new phenomenon obviously.

But a lot of things that are rare actually do get a lot of attention today which it didn't before, because of the internet.
>>
>>3067081
2bh 95% of /lgbt/ is trannies now, might as well rename the board to /tranny/.
>>
>>3066049
People wanting or feeling like the other sex is probably pre-historic. Todays ones tough, are mostly very confused retards.
>>
>>3066049
Transsexual surgery is a modern invention and transsexualism is a modern degeneracy without doubt. However, identity disorder probably is a mental disease which has existed in human society for a long time same as faggotory, it’s just too rare to be well known, besides, back then people may not call it like we do today and didn’t have enough medical knowledge to treat it, so time to time they would turn to religious or super natural ways to deal with these lunatics, hence occasionally we may find something similar in some tribal cultures or religions such as Hindus. Publics back then may demonized them as devils, or praised them as gods, or sent them to be clerics, but overall they’re indeed lunatics and would not be normalized like we do today.

You may go back to /lgbt/ now.
>>
>>3067144
Personally, I'm critical of the claim that human beings exist solely with in a specific gendered category at all.

For example, just because a man dresses a certain way, acts masculine most of the time and has a beard, doesn't mean that he suddenly stops being a male because he manifests feminine characteristics one day.

I think the whole idea of transgenderism is based on some weird notion that the boundaries between masculinity and femininity are somehow absolute and definable.
>>
>>3067155
When society very specifically and strictly says that only women get to like pink, plushy animals and pony cartoons, and you are a man who likes pink, plushy animals and pony cartoons, is it a big leap to decide you must be a woman?

Before maybe you'd just conclude you are a weird man, but now there are enough people and organizations helping you make that leap of faith.
>>
>>3067182
Having a non-standard interest for your sex shouldn't be a marker that you should've actually been the opposite sex tbqh.

I personally know women who compete in kickboxing in real life, and when they fight they are vicious, but off the court they are as feminine as the next woman.

I don't think they should be seen as men, nor as transgender simply because of their interests.
>>
>>3066049
I would probably fug the one on the right desu
>>
File: 2.jpg (8KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
8KB, 250x196px
Good god, where are the times when "people" like this would get send to asylums or get gased right away.
>>
>>3066049
Trannies have always been a thing but not in the way we know of it today. They were usually classified as a "third gender". "Transgender as an identity didn't exist and effeminate gay men were considered the same thing as them. Kathoeys (ladyboys) in Thailand are an identity that incorporates both trannies and sissies.

Not only did most of these societies believed gay to be the same thing as trans, but some thought of these identities as religious duties. Many of these identities were also adopted so people could be free to do the things they enjoyed in societies with strict gender roles (like indigenous American man who is striahgt but wanted to sew would be considered Two-Spirit). It would be inaccurate to label them as LGBT. It's like how homosexuality has always existed but not the homosexual identity.

Note: We have little information about lesbians or trans men since females were always pushed aside or ignored. No matter how much trans women scream about how they are ""most oppressed"", their feelings can not trump the values society placed on biological sex. The few cultures that did recognize "trans men" always treated them as inferior to "trans women".

Only now are people making a clear distinction between the sexuality and gender identity due to Western science trying to categorize and analyze these things. But people have also regressed and seem to think any gender variance means that a person is actually trans. You have to adhere to gender stereotypes 100% or it means you are actually trans. There has been a lot of revisionism where historical women who dressed in male clothing or took on masculine roles are now being called actually "trans men" (Joan or Arc or Nefertiti). People even refer to LGBT activists like Marsha P. Johnson as a "trans woman" rather than gay male drag queen she was in reality.
>>
>>3066049
Glorified mental illness plus meds. Definitely a new thing.
>>
>>3066807
Only after GaymerGayte which brought in a bunch of fags like you. Good job being part of why 4chan surpassed a whole new level of shit.
>>
>>3066807
Keep telling yourself that, nu-furry.
>>
>>3066049
Probably has always existed but normalizing that shit is wrong. Transgenderism is a neurological condition where you feel uncomfortable with your body and want to commit suicide over it regardless of what other people think. At least homosexuality has been observed in other animals and gay people only want to kill themselves because society gives them grief for it. They would otherwise happily suck cock or eat pussy. I know some anons here that think homosexuality might exist as an evolutionary reason to strengthen bonds and look after young without population increase but I don't know about that.
>>
>>3067127
It's literally just trannies and chasers. Not that I mind, I'm a chaser
>>
>>3066807
Literally the most normie board in 4chan
>>
>>3066111
>We know its a mental illness because it can be cured with anti-psychotics
Not with any kind of reliability or consistency.
>>
>>3066049
Well like all mentally illness, it was always a thing. Gender dysphoria happened to ancient people as well, unlike now however , they didn't have the technology to cut your dick off and reshape it into a vagina or give you hormonal treatments.

T b h, I think the German pagans had the best way of dealing with these kinds of people.
>>
File: 1495077463522.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495077463522.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
>>3067249
>been observed in other animals and gay people only want to kill themselves because society gives them grief for it.

Necrophelia, cannabalism , rape, and infanticide have also been observed in nature. That does not make them inherently good things.
>>
>>3067706
>Necrophelia, cannabalism , rape, and infanticide have also been observed in nature. That does not make them inherently good things.
Precisely, which is why "homosexuality is unnatural" has always been an argument for brainlets. We judge things as good or bad based on their observable effects, rather than whether they are "natural" or not.
>>
File: 1495076742112.jpg (16KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495076742112.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>3067718
>We judge things whether they have bad effects or not

>For men, mortality was 165% higher than in the general male population during the 1- to 3-year period after the marriage (SMR = 2.65; 95% CI = 2.28, 3.06; n = 187 deaths) but gradually diminished to general population levels in the 13 to 14 years after the marriage (SMR = 1.02; 95% CI = 0.70, 1.42; n = 34 deaths). For women, mortality was 91% higher in the period 1 to 3 years after the marriage (SMR = 1.91; 95% CI = 1.36, 2.60: n = 40 deaths), but mortality rates did not deviate significantly from those of the general female population in subsequent periods 4 or more years after the marriage (n = 60 deaths).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2636618/

Homosexuals have higher suicide rates, higher trait neuroticism, higher prevelance of mental illness, higher prevelance of substance abuse, etc. As someone who has lived in an extremely pro gay community, there is also a massive issue with spousal abuse, especially amongst lesbians.
>>
>>3067741
And here is the testimony of a former president of the American Psychological Association of how scientific research into homosexuality has been infiltrated by political interests

https://youtu.be/7NyX5CxGraE
>>
>>3067659
/pol/ went to cripplechan like /x/ went to /fringe/
>>
>>3067093
Pube stache gime the game away.
>>
>>3067659
Your image implies there aren't 3-5 rare merchant and shekel conspiracy threads on /pol/ at all times.
>>
>>3067182
>When society very specifically and strictly says that only women get to like pink, plushy animals and pony cartoons
But no such society exists or has ever existed. One of the things I don't get is this idea that gender roles are clearly set in stone and strictly followed by all cis people, rather than being indefinable memes which people pick and chose to conform to as and when it suits them.
>>
>>3067903
No? More like implying that nu-/pol/ is trying to Eternal September the shit of pre-2015/2016 /pol/ while >>3067864 happens
>>
File: 1491275031832.png (302KB, 952x872px) Image search: [Google]
1491275031832.png
302KB, 952x872px
>>3067945
Oh. You are correct then.
>>
File: 1498761655437.png (23KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1498761655437.png
23KB, 645x773px
>>3067951
I miss monarchy threads
>>
>>3066049
The closest you could get to MtF was a boy who would be castrated before they underwent the changes of puberty. Nero had a lad like this, whom he adored.
>>
>>3066049
Good God. All liberals need to be gassed.
>>
File: 1498420481839.jpg (38KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498420481839.jpg
38KB, 599x600px
>>3067199
>>
>>3066049
Crazy people have existed since the dawn of intelligent life. That doesn't mean we should treat them as anything else, now, though.
>>
>>3069109
Did he fuck him?
>>
>>3069147
This has nothing to do with liberalism, rather neo-marxism/post-modernist/identitarian bullshit.
>>
Nothin new
>>
>>3067925
>cis people
The fuck is that?
>>
>>3069341
A term made up by trannies to refer to non-trannies to make their medical condition look normal or just an "identity".
>>
>>3067249
>At least homosexuality has been observed in other animals

I hear that statement thrown around a lot, but are they exclusively homosexual, as in would they still mate with the same sex even if the opposite sex were present?
>>
>>3069354
It's not made up by trannies, cis is literally a latin prefix meaning the opposite of trans.
>>
>>3066049
>Is transgenderism a new thing
Physically no, culturally yes. What >>3066109 said.
>>
>>3069526
Their use of the word is made up, making it a made up word when used by them.
>>
>>3066083
And the romans literally murdered him exclusively because he was being a turbo-faggot like you say.
>>
>>3069556
Not any more than the use of transgender. Trans literally means across, so transgender means "across genders". Cisgender means "on the same side of gender". There really isn't anything made up about them, it's just what words mean when constructed from existing words. I don't think you really understand how words develop.
>>
>>3069526
It was only ever used in clinical literature by a handful of scientists to contrast with transsexual individuals. It was tranny activists like Serano who re-defined cis into how we use it today. Cis is now an "identity" where the gender and sex are in alignment, and it has been pushed it into third wave feminist + queer theory as the "oppressor class".
>>
>>3069576
Instead of "made up", we should say "forced meme". It's not a natural term, a handful of coordinated activists media-blitzed it.
>>
File: 1471659446138.jpg (354KB, 567x790px) Image search: [Google]
1471659446138.jpg
354KB, 567x790px
>>3069174
>>
>>3066810
They kinda do
Ever tried to shit in a mens public bathroom? Shit is filthy as fuck
Now imagine if You had to sit down on That everytime You wanted to take a leak
>>
File: solution.jpg (115KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
solution.jpg
115KB, 1600x1200px
>>3069604
>>
It's always been a thing. People have always been weirdos.
>>
>>3069580
You should note that those researchers used "cissexual" instead of "cisgender" to contrast with "transsexual". It's only that the PC fucks thought "transsexual" was wrong and began to use "transgender" (and thus "cisgender" as well). Apparently "transsexual" excluded too many gender variant people or people who don't suffer from dysphoria. Yeah, I don't get how you can be trans and not have dysphoria when having gender identity disorder is the very thing that makes you trans in the first place. It's like saying you're gay but have no homosexual attraction whatsoever. I guess this is why everybody who wants attention is calling themselves trans now. If you're a man who wants to wear a pink shirt then that means you're not actually a man now but a genderqueer.
>>
>>3069580
>It was only ever used in clinical literature by a handful of scientists to contrast with transsexual individuals. It was tranny activists like Serano who re-defined cis into how we use it today. Cis is now an "identity" where the gender and sex are in alignment
I don't think there's really any difference beyond how our understanding of gender changed over the decades, originally the term was transsexual meaning someone who actually had a sex change, now we understand it as transgender meaning someone whose internal "brain sex" doesn't match their original phenotype.

>and it has been pushed it into third wave feminist + queer theory as the "oppressor class".
That didn't really require any kind of conscious decision, it was just an inherent consequence of trans people being a sociological minority.

>>3069591
The same would be true of most terms that originate in academia desu.
>>
>>3066313
I read that there was a drug manufactured in Sweden which when the person took enough of it they lost all desire to become three other sex.
>>
>>3069628
>Apparently "transsexual" excluded too many gender variant people or people who don't suffer from dysphoria.
They not only used terms like "transgender" to be more inclusive but for a long time they also used "trans*". The asterisk was supposed to include all the other "kinda but not really trans" identities like Two-Spirit and "non-binary". People took offense because they thought it implied that it created a hierarchy where certain people were more "trans" than others an they eventually removed it.
>>
>>3069628
The issue is that transsexual originally refers to the physical "sex change surgery" which isn't universal to trans people, and many today consider it excessive for treating typical cases of gender dysphoria. Additionally, it's confusingly inconsistent with the other LGBT terms, where "[x]sexual" means "sexually attracted to [x]", while that old definition of transsexual doesn't have anything to do with sexual attraction. If it were interpreted the same way as other terms, one would think "transsexual" would mean someone who is attracted to trans people. So our current system is to use transgender/cisgender to describe whether one's gender identity matches their sex.
>>
>>3069621
Not common in modern western bathrooms
>>
>>3069637
>it was just an inherent consequence of trans people being a sociological minority.
gb2 tumblr
>>
>>3069645
There is a case of pimozide being used to successfully treat somebody with gender issues, however it was a single case study that was never replicated, and the patient had I believe schizophrenia which was believed to be the cause of their gender issues, while most cases of gender dysphoria are believed to be a "brain sex" issue rather than anything related to schizophrenia. So it doesn't seem probable that it constitutes an effective general treatment for gender dysphoria.
>>
>>3069637
>sociological minority
More like mentally ill whackos who want to be seen as normal by society. They aren't a sociological minority. They are a literal minority.
>>
>>3069665
Never said they were, just pointing out toilet superiority
>>
>>3066049
That girl on the right is really hot t b h
>>
>>3069637
>brain sex
Most sociologists spent their lives to debunking brain sex and writing about how gender is a social construct. Now trannies are making it a thing again. We've done a full 180 lads.
>>
>>3069669
Sociological minority meaning they were a group that did not have the power to establish social norms for the greater society. This isn't any tumblr stuff, this is like basic sociological theory. I don't think it's accurate to refer to majority groups as "oppressor class" since it makes it sound like they're actively malicious towards minorities, while the WHOLE POINT of privilege is that people can be unaccommodating to minorities unknowingly, without any malicious intent.
>>
>>3069687
It's the regressive left, anon. It's like how they want people to think Islam is a religion of peace.
>>
>>3069679
Literal minority means in the statistical sense. A sociological minority is about lacking power, for example in a society where every citizen owned 10 slaves the slaves would be a statistical majority but a sociological minority.

>>3069687
From a biological standpoint, it's pretty hard to dispute brain sex. I mean the last person to try that was John Money, and we know that didn't turn out good. I think most of the "gender is a social construct" thing is supposed to be about questioning gender roles, but I do think it's silly to claim that brain sex is nonexistent in spite of all the evidence. Most of the confusion seems to be that some parts of the brain are different between the sexes, and others tend to be more or less the same, leading both sides to claim that their view is absolute truth.
>>
>>3069687
Maybe because sociologists and trannies have different views on what gender is. Sociologists say gender is the role applied to biological sex. Trannies say gender is ~how they really feel on the inside~ despite their biological sex. Trannies talk about how gender and biological sex are separate but then talk about brains to describe how their gender is biologically hardwired into them.
>>
>>3069689
tumblr detected
>>
>>3069679
They are such a minority, I don't see the point of even acknowledging them. And you can't tell who is truly trans and who is just an AGP most of the time.
>>
>>3069729
>And you can't tell who is truly trans and who is just an AGP most of the time.

You know, I always found it interesting how men always fetishize about being women but women hardly ever fetishizie about being men. Is it because our society sexualizes women this much that men start to want wear a female skin?
>>
>>3069689
Jesus christ, you sound like a fucking delulu tranner
>>
>>3069738
>oh look a gender difference
>must be society
>>
>>3069738
Definitely. Just look at how /a/ wishes they were little girls because they watch so much moe anime.
>>
File: 233.jpg (41KB, 651x206px) Image search: [Google]
233.jpg
41KB, 651x206px
>>3069738
Probably.
>>
>>3069738

Once CRISPR becomes a thing, the majority of the human race will turn into futanari girls with both function penis and vagina with really big tits.
>>
>>3069738
Yeah it's a mix between mental illness and fetish. They hate themselves but they keep watching porn or see nubile but innocent virgins in old paintings and they end up thinking it would be better if they were a girl.
>>
>>3069738
Starts off as a fetish and it eventually becomes full-blown trans. AGPs keep huge photo and video collections of naked women.
>>
>>3069738

What desu? You literally did not see the pregnant man woman photo in OP posts?

Many woman want to be a man.
>>
>>3069794
Anon is talking about AGP not actual trans people.
>>
File: 1490421669090.gif (2MB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
1490421669090.gif
2MB, 220x242px
>>3069782

Again. Futanari is the future of the human race. Might as well get used to it and start collecting images from /d/

Why would you be an ugly hairy ape when you can be beautiful and have all the sex organs?
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 318x159px
>>3069799

http://hplusmagazine.com/2014/05/08/total-gender-change-within-decade/
>>
File: body_swap.png (71KB, 1018x718px) Image search: [Google]
body_swap.png
71KB, 1018x718px
>>3069803
>>
File: body_swap 02.png (99KB, 200x320px) Image search: [Google]
body_swap 02.png
99KB, 200x320px
>>3069808
>>
>>3069738
AGPs have highly idealized and pornographic views of women. They think all women are soft, curvy, don't fart, and use dildos 24/7 so that's why they want to be women.
>>
File: bro to bimbo.jpg (19KB, 217x346px) Image search: [Google]
bro to bimbo.jpg
19KB, 217x346px
>>
>>3069797
What's the difference? So many AGP become transsexuals. I know people joke about /lgbt/ actually being /tranny/ but you might as well call it /agp/ because most of the tranners on it are also AGP.
>>
File: 1476025580154.jpg (47KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1476025580154.jpg
47KB, 529x502px
>>3069821

My girlfriend is soft, curvy, and uses dildo all the time, but she does fart.

Though honestly, I would want to body swap with an anime girl though.
>>
File: 1455436314898.png (211KB, 301x287px) Image search: [Google]
1455436314898.png
211KB, 301x287px
>>3069799
If anything we'll be more like the Solarians from Asimov's Foundation series

>Live in totally roboticized, automated estates
>Devote your existence to creating and living in your own digital universe
>Food is delivered to you, all communication is handled via telecommunications, actual individuals rarely make physical contact with one another, and almost never have a reason to leave their estate.
>Vagina plus testicles means that they give birth to a perfect genetic copy of themselves. The child is raised by robots.
>Strict laws govern their society, carefully controlling breeding rates and making sure that there's enough land and capital for every individual to have their own robot estate. When one dies, his offspring inherits the estate.
>>
>>3069738
Society is saturated with sexualization and objectification of women so that's why AGP is much more common. I'm sure if it was the other way around then AAP would be the bigger fetish.
>>
>>3066049
Pretending like it's a legitimate condition and not just degeneracy is a new thing.
>>
File: tyranid.jpg (111KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tyranid.jpg
111KB, 700x1000px
>>3069851

To be fair, the first thing I'm going to do when I get my hands on a 3d printer that does biology is make a Tyranid Queen
>>
>>3069604
I have to clean both, don't pretend women are clean, there's people who are trashy in both restrooms
>>
>>3067249
Never forget back in the 70s when trannies were shitting on queers to be more accepted by society. Places like Iran still use sex reassignment surgery as a treatment for homosexuality. I guess man who feels he is actually a woman and becomes a woman is more tolerable than a man who loves other men? I
>>
>>3069880
* I don't understand but maybe it's because it fits into heterosexuality.
>>
>>3066049

Depends on what you mean by transgenderism. I would say that it really got started in Weimar Germany (100 years ago). In fact, the first sex reassignment surgery took place in 1930 in Weimar Germany.

I can't wait for the 2033 election.
>>
>>3067189
>and when they fight they are vicious

Top kek

ALL female fighters are scrubs.
>>
>>3069880
As long as the MtF goes around dating other men than yes because it's seen as heterosexual. That's why they use transsexuality as a treatment for homosexuality in Iran. Like many societies they class trannies as the same thing as homos, similar to what >>3067200 said.
>>
File: 91755975.jpg (367KB, 1811x779px) Image search: [Google]
91755975.jpg
367KB, 1811x779px
>>3069868
>"Over here boys! der's more bugs that need stompin!"
>>
File: tyranid maid.jpg (117KB, 719x772px) Image search: [Google]
tyranid maid.jpg
117KB, 719x772px
>>3069937

>I'm a female tyranid trapped in a human man's body! You will recognize me such.
>>
I dislike everything about that OP image.

Also, this has nothing to do with history
>>
>>3069994
It's "& Humanities".
>>
>>3069880
By the ridiculous religious fundamentalist standards of a place like Iran, yes. They're so opposed to homosexuality that they consider it more acceptable for a gay man to live as a woman, than to just be gay. In the West it's pretty much the opposite, for the most part people are fine with homosexuality, even if they consider it gross or unhealthy, but tend to think trans people are "taking it too far".
>>
>>3070026
>most part people are fine with homosexuality
Not until recently through the work of activism. Trannies already have a much better rep nowadays.
>>
>>3070345
The fact that's there's an anon unironically using "cis" on this thread and calling trannies a "sociological minority" confirms your statement.
>>
A number of native american cultures have third or in between gender roles.
>>
>>3070026
It is "taking it too far". If you need to do surgery or you kill yourself, believe it is a normal identity, and chimp the fuck out at people at calling it a disease then you have issues. Even as a kid growing up I thought homos made more sense than trannies. No surprise most Western educated secular people believe the same.
>>
>>3067080
All I can see is the natural order of things. These people don't even know they're straight. How can they not know?
>>
>>3070477
>is-oughting this hard
>>
>>3069341
Comfortable in skin I think? It refers to people who's real biological gender coincides with their perceived gender. A man in a man's body, conversationally, is CIS.
>>
>>3070891

Its from latin, opposite of trans
>>
>>3070896
How exactly do you use that? Cis-Siberian express? Cis-fer of goods? Cis-portation?

I don't get it.
>>
File: 501st_legion_clone_trooper.jpg (26KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
501st_legion_clone_trooper.jpg
26KB, 428x500px
>>3070921

Die cis scum.
>>
>>3071168
No, I mean the latin words. How is the latin cis used?
>>
>>3066049
Herodotus mentions that ever since the sacking of a particular temple to "Aphrodite" the Scythian people were cursed to have some of their women born as men. These transgender-peeps acted as shamans for the Scythians IIRC.

Both Rome and the hellenes had transgender, or atleast crossdressing priests in certain cults and there was one take on Aphrodite that was a chick-with-a-dick.
>>
>>3071194
Oh and like a big ol' dummy I forgot to mention Elagabalus, the most loony of roman emperors. He was atleast flirting with transgenderism by dressing as a female and refering to himself as the empress on occations.
>>
File: Pepe..jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe..jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>3069310
>neo-marxism/post-modernist/identitarian bullshit.
In other words, Liberalism.
>>
>>3069563
>turbo-faggot
thanks, many keks were had
>>
>>3066049
I am in favour of the creation of white children by any means necessary.
>>
>>3071656
You probably should have payed more attention in school there buddy.
>>
>>3071656
>Marxist/Post-modernist = Liberal
You have no idea what you're talking about do you?
>>
>>3071170
I always kind of assumed it came from chemistry, where you have cis and trans diastereomers.
>>
>>3071203
He also wanted to find a doc to give him a vagina.
That to me is pretty solid evidence that it passed from just crossdressing and being full blown transgender.
>>
>>3072152
Yet another proof for why we shouldn't let syrians into europe.
>>
>>3066064
>there are sane people who will give you some insight
The other day there was a thread about demographics. OP posted a chart saying the US was 39% white and had a link in the picture. The link said the US was 69% non-Hispanic white. I was the only person to call the OP out on his bullshit. Nobody else even bothered to check the source.

/pol/ is the dumbest board by a massive margin, even /b/ and /v/ are more intelligent.
>>
>>3071170
"Trans" means 'on the other side of' or 'across'
"Cis" means 'on this side of'.
Originally, and in some cases currently, it was used to denote geographical areas as being on a specific side of some major geographical feature (rivers or mountains, usually).

>Cisalpine Gaul
Gaul on 'this side' (in relation to Rome) of the Alps, North Italy.
>Transalpine Gaul
Gaul on 'the other side' of the Alps, France.

Cisalpine Gaul was further divided into 'Gallia Cispadana', south of the Po River, and 'Gallia Transpadana', north of the Po River. Again, this is in relation to Rome itself, so 'cis' denotes the area closer or "on the same side" as Rome.

>Cisvolga
Area west of the Volga (e.g. Moscow)
>Transvolga
Area east of the Volga (e.g. Urals)
This time in relation to Moscow/Russia proper.

>Transcaucasia
South Caucasus (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan)
>Ciscaucasia
North Caucasus (Ossetia, Circassia, etc.), again in relation to Russia proper.
>>
>>3066049
These people should be taken into the woods and shot and the baby should be euthanized and incinerated.
>>
>>3066049
There have always been bouts of people wanting to dress up as the opposite gender in history. I heard many parts of Asia had this kind of crossdressing for example. Actually changing your genitals and body is obviously new though.

I think transgenderism is silly because it's just crossdressing on steroids as a rebellion to rigid genderoles roles developed in most societies. I bet if we stopped giving a fuck what constitutes male and female appearance/behavior and let people wear what they want, when they want, this whole issue would dissolve.
They cannot wear what they want/act how they want in peace without judgement, therefore they go to the extreme of trying to become the other "gender" and even sex as much as possible. Meanwhile gender(not sex) is a social construct...oh well.
If only every store could be like H&M.
>>
>>3066111

Kindly fuck off, as a gay dude i declare you an ignorant idiot
>>
>>3066598

You do know that 0.05 percent of 7 billion is still 3,5 million people right?
>>
>>3066049
.. isn't your pic straight, though?
>>
problem goy?
>>
>>3066049
That kid will probably be severely disabled. Mothers are not supposed to use unnatural hormones.
>>
>>3072733
Faggotry is a mental illness, deal with it fairy.
>>
>>3072756
>US population
>7 billion
also, only 0.03% of the population are trans. That makes only 96,420 people in the entirety of the US.
>>
>>3072966
Alfa of alfa's as a result of all that testosterone.
>>
>>3067741
Gee anon, seems like people who are discrininated against feel shitty, how bout dat?
>>
File: 1451772849637.jpg (115KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451772849637.jpg
115KB, 1024x1024px
Mental illness and all kinds perversity has existed as long as humans have. Today it is a subculture for special snowflakes and all kinds of mentally or emotionally disturbed people.
>>
>>3066072
i hate it when you fags say trans or homo-phobe..theyre not afraid of these people in the slightest its like looking at a cockroach with disgust for these people so using a phrase that labels them as being irrationally fearful of said group is just a strawman and doesnt adequately combat anything
>>
>>3072273
Thanks for the clarification and examples.
>>
nnvnvnm
>>
>>3066049
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa%27afafine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9xvkCa63Js
Here's an example of a third gender in Samoan culture. The big difference is they fully accept they're a man, fa'afafine translates to "in the manner of a female". It's starting to mix with modern day transgederism though.
>>
>>3067200
>Two-Spirit
I'm rolling my eyes REALLY hard right now
>>
>>3069855
Sorry for being retarded but what do these acronyms mean? I can kinda tell from context but google tells nothing.
>>
Catharism rejected the concept of gender and allowed women into the priesthood. It's part of the reason the Languedoc was pillaged, it's inhabitants slaughtered, and the soil salted and orchards burnt.

Imagine if you will a Greater Aragon encompassing lands on both sides of the Pyrenees, with the beaches as a famous tourist destination and swarming with ladyboys.
>>
>>3069838
Pics of your gf
>>
>>3073993
AGP refers to autogynephilia and AAP refers to autoandrophilia. Autogynephilia was first proposed as a mental illness but nowadays is mostly used to describe the paraphilic tendency of a biological male to be sexually aroused by the thought of becoming a female. Autoandrophilia is just the inverse but it is a much less common fetish.
>>
>>3074318
most agps probably are mentally ill in some way. it's one of the more extreme fetishes when they start doing the surgeries and hormones. there are also some people with transformation fetishes who modify their bodies to look like animals or objects, but i haven't seen them cry for more rights, to be classified as an oppressed minority, or demand taxpayers to pay for their surgeries.
>>
Sorry but this is a complete freakshow, coming generations will look back upon us with disgust
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-30-20-36-35.png (551KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-30-20-36-35.png
551KB, 1080x1920px
>>3066208
Sooo....are they hermaphrodites?
>>
>>3067126
Also
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akava%27ine
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa%27afafine
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_sworn_virgins
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathoey
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_in_Bugis_society
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunuch

Trannies have always existed, just like gays, hunchbacks, retards, twins and whatever else we might call uncomfortable facts of life. Some societies integrate them, some give them specialized roles, some shun them. At the end of the day people really don't change that much throughout history.
>>
>>3067199
>gassing
>not modern
>>
>>3067199
In your silly, delusional head.
>>
>>3073943
Being a valley girl isn't an argument.
>>
>>3067741
>Homosexuals have higher suicide rates
Almost like they're constantly harassed, threatened, discriminated against, and not even given a chance to do what they want in life.
>higher trait neuroticism
Almost like they're constantly psychologically assaulted by the above.
>higher prevelance of mental illness
Wow you said the same thing twice, well played
>higher prevelance of substance abuse
Another social phenomena answered by the above.
>there is also a massive issue with spousal abuse
Not exclusive to homosexuality, nor is it even more prevalent, because any metric you could possibly measure this by would be skewed by data collection. I mean really you think being gay suddenly makes you want to bash your significant other's skull in any more than a heterosexual couple? Check out this phrase called "confirmation bias," you might learn something interesting about your logic in processing data.
>>
>>3072203
You seem to forget that flags have turned half of the threads into /int/. You were likely In a thread by a euro trying to bait Americans by saying they aren't white.
>>
>>3072273
Good post, thank you for explaining in detail.
>>
>>3066049
>Is transgenderism a new thing or has it been around since time immemorial?
yes
>>
>>3072273

good post
>>
>>3072733
Nah you're a mentally ill faggot, being gay is 100% a choice and every gay has mental illness or some sort of traumatic event that ruined their life. Every, single, one. You think your brain intended you to not be attracted to the other so that you can't reproduce and thus on a evolutionary level useless? Nobody bats an eye when someone says anorexia is a mentall illness but when someone says gender dysphoria is all you fags, crazies and pedos lose your shit. When in reality they are one and the same
>>
>>3074733
Lmao nobody is allowed to harass you fags anymore, you just off yourselves because you're crazy. No sane person kills themselves because someone calls them a name. Maybe there's a reason nobody likes you fags and it's because you're mentally ill and repulsive. It's actually disgusting but the best part is none of you can have children and like you said you'll all just kill yourselves so that's refreshing.
>>
>>3066258
>OP ask if transgender people lived in ancient societies
>/pol/tard answers him about transexuals
>"use your brain"
Why am I still on this board?
>>
>>3069604
>Ever tried to shit in a mens public bathroom? Shit is filthy as fuck

ever have to clean Womens public bathrooms?

they're twice as gross as men, there's fucking period blood everywhere.
>>
>>3069738

in the past, women sought to be men to be important, successful and worthy.

now men seek to be women to be loved, understood and forgiven.
>>
Why do freaks have to exist? :/

It basically ruins the world.
>>
>>3069738
shitty theory.
>>3079373
hmm I like this one you're getting warmer.
I,think againmore like a reaction to strict genderoles. thanks to feminism, gender socialization has not been so strong on girls. They can easily be girls and act like a tomboy without much judgement. They can behave as they want for the most part and acccomplish most things once denied to woman. Socialization for men has remained quite stong however. You are a not allowed to,be a boy and play with dolls without judgement. You are not allowed to be a boy and wear dresses (tomgirl?). You are not allowed to be a boy and wear make up. You can't do as up want in short. THUS THE only WAY is yo become a girl. That's probably why male to female trans is more common. The is,also the point, society makes it quite easy to get if you're a pretty girl. Even if you're poor, that maybe why Thai men cross dress so much.
I'm telling you transgenderism is not real. It's just a reaction to strict genderroles.
>>
>>3074332

yet.

soon we'll have surgeries to turn people into rainbow-colored wolf-dragons with five dicks and seven balls and vaginas on their tits.
>>
>>3079426

there's nothing intrinsically bad with gender roles, though, and you can't really loosen them up any further without practically doing away with them.

Kids will keep clashing with them so long as any of them exist, and that's not necessarily a bad thing because most have little trouble conforming and being happy with them and adapting to them is a big part of any development process, the only real issue is dealing with peculiarities in a constructive way that both gives them a firm introduction to the gender role they are the most fit for, and the freedom to explore and understand the other.

Like boys should be encouraged to be competitive, physically active, proud and bold, and girls to be sensible, elegant and charming, they should be given thorough opportunities to develop as boys and girls and aid them in the process, but never forbid from occasionally stepping outside of them or punished for it.
>>
>>3079506
Genderroles were useful at one point but even when it was, they were way too rigid.
why encourage? See that leads to problems of insecurity and not knowing what is expected of them so they give up on being their gender compeltely...even to the extend of giving up their sex as we see now.
How,will you encourage without bringing whom down when it's words like "boys dont do that"..."Girls don't do this. that are the cause"

Just let them be imo. if by encourage you meant give your son acton figures, shorts and pants, exposing him to sports, and see how he likes it then fine I guess. Same with girls. But children should be able to explore other behaviors without judgement if you want to get rid of this problem the,way I see it.
>>
>>3077627
For the tax deductibles and the charity work.
>>
>>3067093
Not with that facial hair, no. It's weird because he's described as being full on trap but is depicted with the sideburns and stache.
>>
>>3066049
>Elagabalus /ˌɛləˈɡæbələs/, also known as Heliogabalus (Latin: Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus; c. 203 – March 11, 222), was Roman emperor from 218 to 222.

>Elagabalus was supposedly "married" as many as five times, lavishing favours on male courtiers popularly thought to have been his lovers, and was reported to have prostituted himself in the imperial palace.

>Cassius Dio reported that Elagabalus would paint his eyes, epilate his body hair and wear wigs before prostituting himself in taverns, brothels,[52] and even in the imperial palace:

>Finally, he set aside a room in the palace and there committed his indecencies, always standing nude at the door of the room, as the harlots do, and shaking the curtain which hung from gold rings, while in a soft and melting voice he solicited the passers-by. There were, of course, men who had been specially instructed to play their part. For, as in other matters, so in this business, too, he had numerous agents who sought out those who could best please him by their foulness. He would collect money from his patrons and give himself airs over his gains; he would also dispute with his associates in this shameful occupation, claiming that he had more lovers than they and took in more money.

>He was described as having been "delighted to be called the mistress, the wife, the queen of Hierocles" and was reported to have offered vast sums of money to any physician who could equip him with female genitalia.
>>
>>3066049
Only trans I see is transfat!
>>
File: 1500011354376.jpg (36KB, 700x283px) Image search: [Google]
1500011354376.jpg
36KB, 700x283px
>>3066049
>>
>>3079977
All this just sounds like an argument against monarchy to me, not homosexuality and gender fluidity.
>>
>>3066072
People will go to great lengths for Gay Sex.
>>
>>3081108
I wasn't trying to argue against anything, just posting an example of possible transgenderism in history
>>
>>3066049

Am I gay for being more sexually attracted to the right weirdo rather than the left one?
>>
>>3081100
obviously that page (ebay or whatever) is sexist, the non binary system hasn't yet been accepted by the fucking sick society we live in
>>
File: captain_obvious.jpg (78KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
captain_obvious.jpg
78KB, 900x900px
>>3066049
Yes, it's been around forever, and I'm sure you've been exposed to enough Hollywood movies, both old and new, to be fully aware of that fact, and you had no reason to make this thread.

Yes, the degree of acceptability has varied dramatically. Though, traditionally, a woman trying to appear as a man has been the more severe crime - sometimes a capital one - while rarely has there been legislation against men dressing as women.

Irrecoverable surgery (unless you count eunuchs), however, is something new, and rather disturbing, as a lot of the these folks are just drug addicts having an identity crisis.

And, for the last time, the fact that /pol/ is shit does not give you license to post here, even if, judging by the ~200 replies, we have no moderation.
>>
>>3066049
A roman emperor was one.
>>
File: 1500037510921.png (412KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1500037510921.png
412KB, 470x470px
>>3081625
>>
>>3081609

you're attracted to the one that's trying to look(and succeeding) like the gender you're attracted more than the one that is trying to look like the gender you're not.

what's the dilemma?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170714-195817.jpg (139KB, 1080x907px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170714-195817.jpg
139KB, 1080x907px
>>3073666
For your sake, I hope you're baiting.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.