[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You wanna be a Christian. I get it. Solid morals, community life,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2253.jpg (21KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2253.jpg
21KB, 511x288px
You wanna be a Christian. I get it. Solid morals, community life, nice aesthetics, quality philosophy and metaphysics.

But you gotta admit that the OT is bullshit. Ahistorical bullshit, revenge fantasies, plagiarized Babylonian and Canaanite myths. It's known. I mean, it's known. It's over. You've got to admit this at least to yourself if you have a fiver of honesty in your being.
>>
b8
>>
A fiber*
>>
>>3064106
I take the Old Testament for what it is: extremely mythic history.
That's doesn't mean everything in it is bullshit but obviously stuff like the exodus has been exaggerated
>>
>>3064111
Quality post. Come in dude.
>>
>>3064106
Well, yeah. It's not like the NT isn't bullshit either.
>>
File: Augustine_Lateran.jpg (37KB, 261x400px) Image search: [Google]
Augustine_Lateran.jpg
37KB, 261x400px
>>3064111

>It not infrequently happens that something about the earth, about the sky, about other elements of this world, about the motion and rotation or even the magnitude and distances of the stars, about definite eclipses of the sun and moon, about the passage of years and seasons, about the nature of animals, of fruits, of stones, and of other such things, may be known with the greatest certainty by reasoning or by experience, even by one who is not a Christian. It is too disgraceful and ruinous, though, and greatly to be avoided, that he [the non-Christian] should hear a Christian speaking so idiotically on these matters, and as if in accord with Christian writings, that he might say that he could scarcely keep from laughing when he saw how totally in error they are. In view of this and in keeping it in mind constantly while dealing with the book of Genesis, I have, insofar as I was able, explained in detail and set forth for consideration the meanings of obscure passages, taking care not to affirm rashly some one meaning to the prejudice of another and perhaps better explanation.
Augustine of Hippo, The Literal Interpretation of Genesis 1:19–20, Chapt. 19 [AD 408]
>>
>>3064114
Well at least you're dealing with the very difficult issues, instead of going full nutjob young earth creationist.
>>
>>3064120
Intredasting. But it's not just genesis you know. Like there was never an exodus or a Israelite empire from the Nile to the Euphrates.
>>
>>3064106
This is nothing new. People have been saying what you're saying for about 1,000 + years.

For example, Dispensationalism is a belief that each age is thus administered by God in a certain way, humanity is held responsible as a steward during that time.

Most Protestants follow a New Covenant Theology. The Old Testament Laws have been cancelled by Jesus' crucifixion, and are replaced with the Law of Christ.

Calvinism is the main proponent of Covenant theology
>>
>>3064116
.t Schlomo Von Kikenballs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.