[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dunno if anyone here is into facial reconstruction but the technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Dunno if anyone here is into facial reconstruction but the technology has just gotten craaazy

this is a 3D reconstruction of 4 individuals that were exhumed from a burial site in shíshálh Nation territory, Salish Sea region of British Columbia (remains were returned to the nation afterward) aka DjRw-14. Calibrated carbon dates for these 4 individuals places them in the Charles period (4500 - 3500 BP). The man was buried with some 350,000 stone disc beads + 1,000 disc shells beads which suggests that material wealth-based inequality arose in Coast Salish society much earlier than previously thought (i.e., the 'Marpole first' hypothesis)... The woman and the two adolescent males were also buried with a shit tonne of beads, but the adult male had like 6 or 7 times as many (he was buried under a 5 cm thick deposit of the things)

Anyways. This shit is cool.
>>
>>3063984

Oh fuck I forgot the link hahahaha

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/941469251866/
>>
>>3063984

Bumping: just to put this into context, to make the 350,000 beads = approx. 3,500 man hours to produce. Not including the time it would take to acquire the materials + the time needed to make/re-sharpen the manufacturing tools
>>
BC is a spooky place
pacfici northwest is really the last frontier of north america imo (besides the ice parts of canada)
>>
>>3063984
I honestly don't know why people spend so much time and money doing this just for fueling the racial debate (I know thats not why but thats the end result). There is really no way we can know for sure what they look like and it really doesn't enhance our life knowing.

It is very cool though.
>>
>>3064502

what do you mean? I think the point of it was to help indigenous communities and non-indigenous people alike to visualize indigenous ancestors and make indigenous history literally more visible, which is a big thing in FN politics at least on the west coast
>>
why did they love beads so much
>>
>>3064761

Good question. I'm not sure why beads was the thing, that'd be pure speculation. Probably garnered value through 1) personal adornment 2) exchange (building history which is important to Coast Salish through trade networks) and 3) deposition of beads in ritual contexts, such as in mortuary contexts like this one

labrets were another form of personal adornment which was used as a status marker, as was cranial deformation (debatable, this whole thing, 'cause it's interpretations of material culture, but this whole thing plausible)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.