[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the evangelicals who have this symbol in their profiles aware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Nun.jpg (20KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Nun.jpg
20KB, 550x550px
Are the evangelicals who have this symbol in their profiles aware that most Middle Eastern Christians...

>Believe in salvation by works?
>Have icons and images in their churches?
>Pray to saints and the Virgin Mary?
>Use rituals in their worship?
>Have a different Bible canon?
>Differ from them in theology?
>Hate protestants and western Christianity in general?
>>
File: calvin.png (568KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
calvin.png
568KB, 469x600px
>>3053923
What's your point? Only through ecumenism can the True Faith convert. Standing with your heterodox brothers that they will not be raped and enslaved is infinitely preferable than letting them be lost to the heathen hordes.

> Great Schism weakening Byzantium
> Ottoman Empire exploiting Protestant-Catholic sectarianism in Hungary
> Eastern Roman Empire persecuting Copts, stirring them into betraying the empire why opening the door to Muslim invaders

The greatest threat to Christendom is its own division. Why should theological heterodoxy equate to political suicide in the face of heathens?

Christendom is learning from its mistakes and one day there shall be an ecumenical crusade to re-gather the lost Roman provinces of Egypt, Syria, Anatolia and so forth.
>>
>>3053923
what's the problem?
Those things enumerated are important and traditional elements of Christianity in East and West, which protestant reformists rejected because they didn't fit to their personal philosophy.
>>
File: murican religion.gif (1MB, 256x172px) Image search: [Google]
murican religion.gif
1MB, 256x172px
>evangelicals
>>
>pink ribbons
>Arabic letters
>ichthus
>coexist
Jeebus Criest when will people stop making autistic trends.
>>
>>3053923
>hate western Christianity

Are you aware Catholicism is predominant in the west you absolute nigger?
>>
>>3054082
Did you mean to say East or a are you saying everyone loves the RCC?

I'm pretty sure most Oriental Orthodox haven't converted to catholic.
>>
>>3054119
no but they are theologically and devotionally much closer to Romans than "sola scriptura" "reject saints" "you don't need to try being good" "I know better than Fathers" "everyone but me is wrong on this passage" protestants
>>
>>3053923
It actually doesn't fucking matter.

I've spoken to Christians from those MENA countries where they're persecuted. They don't have the luxury to give a shit about what others think of the "faith/works" autism dichotomy, and they're usually shocked by how divided people are elsewhere.

Most MENA Christians understand, rightly so, that it's not about that at the end of the day.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.