[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. Can we please have a disscussion about the Tian an men square

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: BN-CZ715_tam2_G_20140529081612.jpg (107KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
BN-CZ715_tam2_G_20140529081612.jpg
107KB, 553x369px
Hi. Can we please have a disscussion about the Tian an men square massacre? how long do you think the CCP (China's government) can continue to obfuscate the events happenings to its own citizens? Do you think the Chinese there today care? Or that perhaps they've known all along...

anyway. Tian an men thread.

Btw I was stopped for trying to post this... suspicous.. thanks CCP
>>
Communists don't like violent rioters in their beautiful capital. Duh.
>>
File: 1491150026705.png (4KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
1491150026705.png
4KB, 512x256px
Honestly I think it's funny how little most Americans don't understand just how crazy as fuck China is. SAD!
>>
>2-3000 get massacred in China in 1989
>"omg ebil gommies!"

>2-3000 get massacred in Gwangju, south Korea in 1980, with u.s. approval
> -silence-
>>
>>3053521
They've known all along.

Thing is, while westerners think its a pro-democracy thing, it that only told half of Tienanmen's Story. The other half are rabid Maoists buttdevastated at where Deng is steering the country to.

So frankly the Chinese could'nt care less. The right people were run over.
>>
>>3053568
Koreans are objectively worth less than Chinese.
>>
>>3053568
Well that'll teach them for eating dog won't it?
>>
File: 天安門事件Tiananmen Square.png (516KB, 1686x1413px) Image search: [Google]
天安門事件Tiananmen Square.png
516KB, 1686x1413px
>>3053521
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2x_G_hfzzQ

https://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&f=8&rsv_bp=1&tn=baidu&wd=%E5%A4%A9%E5%AE%89%E9%97%A8%E4%BA%8B%E4%BB%B6&oq=%25E5%25A4%25A9%25E5%25AE%2589%25E9%2597%25A8&rsv_pq=be3f55e400040bb1&rsv_t=6af2Q1wWU73uW3X9luz%2B0pmgIqNPL78mNJcHxraEOzG6ydK7mdac7F3NC64&rqlang=cn&rsv_enter=1&rsv_sug3=3&rsv_sug1=1&rsv_sug7=100&bs=%E5%A4%A9%E5%AE%89%E9%97%A8
>>
File: 2700 years old dog meat soup.jpg (63KB, 400x468px) Image search: [Google]
2700 years old dog meat soup.jpg
63KB, 400x468px
>>3053600
Dog meat is delicious and nutritious.
>>
>expecting Chinese people to care about anyone except themselves

Fucking lol
>>
Why does tiananmen get disproportionate focus compared to how (in)significant and tragic it was? The fact that tiananmen has become almost a cultural buzzword is far more interesting than the event itself.

Do you think people are still going to start discussions like this in another 20 years time?
>>
>>3054019
What makes it insignificant? There weren't many massacres at this scale in 1980s, right?
>>
>>3054019
It's literally because of Tank Man. Without this image, it would just be another massacre in East Asia, those happen all the time and no one cares. There is no denying that that image is incredibly powerful and symbolic. The whole little guy standing up to the big guys spiel, and he's even got shopping bags for Christ's sake. It's very easy for the ordinary, every-day person to identify with him, this guy who is standing in the way of a bunch of fucking tanks. If you watch the video, they even try to go around him and he moves to stay in front of them.
Which is another point. IIRC this was reported in the West live or almost immediately after the fact with direct video coverage, so people got to actually see it as it happened, it's not a dusty historical fact, it's a moving story that people saw unfold some years ago.
>>
>>3053521
What I never got about that picture is how tanks look succesively bigger even though that's the same model.
>>
>>3054038
>>3054019
Tienanmen gets so much attention for two reasons:
1. worldwide broadcasting color images of the Chinese government killing its own citizens in large numbers; and
2. Tank Man. that dude has some serious fucking balls to do what he did and it made the protest's statement.
>>
File: 1404951242834.jpg (137KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
1404951242834.jpg
137KB, 400x450px
>>3053521
Let me redpill it to you - it's a lot complicated with a lot of factors, while Chinese media doesn't cover it at all western media tells it with strong propaganda.

To understand why it's censored strongly you have to understand CCP top leadership during that period. The revisionist factions, leaded by by then successor to the Chairman, Zhao ZiYang 赵紫阳; And later-to-be Chairman Jiang
ZeMin江泽民 (whom served from June 1989 until 2002, played a central role in how things turned out. It is obivously impossible to find out what exactly happened back then behind closed doors, but my speculation is that Jiang, through careful manipulation of Deng XiaoPin, managed to use the Tian'anmen event as a leverage to remove Zhao from power internally and take it himself.

Now the problem of why it is still a sensitive topic? Jiang still lives. His proteges are still in power within the CCP. I can't exactly say how this will turn out when he bites the dust but I don't think it will be a very sudden open topic. Most likely the state media will engage in a propaganda that places every single blame on Jiang.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.