[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a "/his/ meets /trv/" thread where we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: IqaluitStop.jpg (123KB, 1000x787px) Image search: [Google]
IqaluitStop.jpg
123KB, 1000x787px
Can we have a "/his/ meets /trv/" thread where we talk about where to go to see/experience rare, historical, or overall minority cultures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXKBx67GzVo
>>
Niger's going through a rock renaissance right now:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9Znucx4GM
>>
bump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYh3oOiyaE
>>
One last hopeful bump
>>
>>3050471
So I've heard Southern Italy is pretty poor. How dangerous is it for tourism?
>>
>>3053944
Can't imagine it would anymore dangerous than NYC.
>>
Where would one go if they wanted to see surviving Babylonian/Assyrian culture?
>>
>>3050576
Wow, this is prety unique. Haven't heard anything like this, thanks.
>>
>>3056136
The Mandaeans in Iraq are your best bet, but I don't think travel to Iraq is a great idea right now
>>
>>3050471
bump
>>
>>3050471
Here's a /his/ travel story.

Me and my friends were in the Basilica in Quebec City, this massive catholic church built by the french during the colonial period. We're looking at a shrine to Mary with some candles, and try to light the candles in honor. We knocked over the candles. If they didn't fall on the stone floor tile, we could have burned down the Quebec Basilica.
>>
>>3050471
I was in the Hare Krishna temple in england, is that a minority culture?
>>
>>3050471
bump
>>
>>3050471
bmup
>>
>>3050471
bump
>>
>>3056492
>>3056543
>>3056720
Thanks guys
>>3056298
English Hindus sounds interesting. Tell us about your experience.
>>
>>3056812
I don't remember that much, but they're nice people. They revere their guru who started the Hare Krishna thing, and have a life-size staue of him in his study room. I watched them perform some sort of prayer mass where they sung their mantra (hare krishna, krishna rama, rama rama, krishna hare, hare krishna, krishna rama, rama rama, krishna hare, hare krishna, krishna rama, rama rama, krishna hare...). They had a meditation garden with rocks and little reflective pools, and that was nice. They also give free lunches to visitors, because they believe in generosity. All in all some very nice people.
>>
>>3056812
>>3056959
Forgot to mention that if you got to Union Square, New York on any given day they'll be there praying and handing out pamphlets. They're everywhere.
>>
>>3050471
good threado desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TouOxJkHS5o

Extremely rare recording of native americans discussing the white's man internal combustion engine
>>
>>3056959
Didn't George Harrison one of them?
>>
File: ARVIAT_(NUNAVUT).jpg (101KB, 445x598px) Image search: [Google]
ARVIAT_(NUNAVUT).jpg
101KB, 445x598px
>Arviat
>second largest community in Nunavut
>population of 2,657
>one of the only two pictures on it's wikipedia article
>Inuit culture basically is IRL Borderlands
>I want to at some point in my life visit Old Man Bear Jaw and get a quest from him to retrieve his unfinished can of beans from a pack of wolves
>>
>>3057144
>>second largest community in Nunavut
>>population of 2,657
>>
>>3056959
They love everything besides advaitans lmao
>>
>>3056997
Yes. A Hare Krishna. Also known as ISKCON.
>>
>>3056997
>Didn't George Harrison one of them
>>
>>3050471
bump
>>
>>3050471
bump
>>
>>3057148
>total population of 37,280
>>
>>3056219
And which culture is that?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.