[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Lincoln really end slavery when he essentially enslaved the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Abe 2.jpg (118KB, 1008x416px) Image search: [Google]
Abe 2.jpg
118KB, 1008x416px
Did Lincoln really end slavery when he essentially enslaved the entire US population to the federal government?
>>
Yes.

Cry more.
>>
File: billy.jpg (50KB, 329x400px) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
50KB, 329x400px
>>
>>3048341
He should have stayed as a sticky desu
>>
>>3048337
>>3048341
>>3050234
I'm not a dixiefag but Lincoln completely disregarded the constitution
>>
First, He went to war without consent of Congress. Next, He created three new states, all without consent of Congress. He installed Martial Law, with out consent of Congress. Extended Habeaus Corpus without consent of Congress and he censored a lot of anti-war protesting. No, not pro-slave, anti-war. He used troops to interfere with northern states to inflate Republican votes and he nationalized A LOT of different things. Also, he was not Anti-Racist, as many would believe.
>>3050492
>>
>>3050504

So much wrong in this post. Where are you getting your info?
>>
>>3050637
Post some sources then
>>
>>3050637
Prove me wrong
>>
>>3048328
Really makes you think.
>>
File: 1499220333693.png (219KB, 481x489px) Image search: [Google]
1499220333693.png
219KB, 481x489px
>>3048328
>>
File: 1474213192289.png (275KB, 700x453px) Image search: [Google]
1474213192289.png
275KB, 700x453px
>>3050826
>>
>>3050826
>Federal protections against a state's right to outlaw slavery

You have a source for this?
>>
>>3050855
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_csa.asp Article I, Section 9, Line 4:

>No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.
>>
>>3050863
Uh... You realize article I deals with rights and privileges afforded to Congress, not the States aka the Confederate Congress couldn't end it but it said nothing about the state's ability to end it.

This is basic federalism mate
>>
>>3050922
You can also check Article IV, Section 2:

>The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired.

And Article IV, Secton 3, Clause 3:

>The Confederate States may acquire new territory; and Congress shall have power to legislate and provide governments for the inhabitants of all territory belonging to the Confederate States, lying without the limits of the several States; and may permit them, at such times, and in such manner as it may by law provide, to form States to be admitted into the Confederacy. In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected by Congress and by the Territorial government; and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories shall have the right to take to such Territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.
>>
>>3050960
>And Article IV, Secton 3, Clause 3:

Again, this has nothing to do with State's rights.

>You can also check Article IV, Section 2:

This is the only one that supports your argument, however it's not really as extreme as your meme made it out to be. A state could still outlaw a system of slavery within its borders, they just couldn't take the slaves passing through or sojourning there from other states. This was already going on in the US. Washington took his slaves to the Capitol in Pennsylvania, a free state, when he was president.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.