[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The sky's the limit. I am now starting to formalize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1499325939926.png (159KB, 318x430px) Image search: [Google]
1499325939926.png
159KB, 318x430px
>The sky's the limit. I am now starting to formalize my plans to bring accredited online humanities education to as many people as possible around the world. My colleagues and I (who include excellent engineers, programmers, financiers and educators) want to take the humanities back from the corrupt postmodernists, and offer education of the highest possible quality everywhere at 1/10 the price or less. We'll solve the accreditation problem as well, offering degree-equivalents with real psychometric value: best student in 10000; best in 1000; best in 100; best in 10; best in 5 (and no certification granted below that).

>We'll start with the humanities, including history, generating something approximately a four year liberal arts college degree, teaching people how to be responsible, literate, effective, powerful, confident citizens. We want to conduct real research into how people learn (and how they learn fast) and use the results of that research to make education better. It's high time for the humanities of the new millenium.

Holy kek that's the most retarded thing I've ever read. How does someone reach professor while still having the attitude towards education of an edgy 12 year old? best in 10,000 is literal autistic savant level. How does he expect to have 10,000 people doing the same course in a given year? Why would anyone bother with this utopian libertarian timewasting? And even putting that aside, how are people retarded enough to fund this when it's going to be a paid service they won't even get free access to if it's created?
>>
>And on top of all that, how delusional do you have to be to think you'll be this successful at his age? I get that he makes $600,000 in patreon donations alone, and he has massive salary from being professor, and his clients as clinical psychologists as well as his kickstarter, his self-help apps he shills at 4chan etc. but there's no way he makes more than 1million per year. What he's expecting is he'll be the head of a massive education system teaching upwards of a million people. The guy's not a fucking billionaire.
>>
>>3045713
wasn't meant to be greentext. before anyone starts complaining he specifically mentions history
>>
Exactly what humanities needs, more ideological bullshit that is as far removed from an objective analysis as Marxism.
>>
>>3045710
He, like every other moron 21st century ideologue, is just in it for the money, and thinks this weird plan will line his pockets.
>>
You don't need a lot of money, you just need a lot of labor. It can be voluntary. The alt-right crowd will market his stuff for free too, so there goes half the budget.

He just needs an interactive website, charge some dollars per account, and upload exercises and lectures there in different forms.
Over time successful students can join and help manage it, he can retire from it altogether.

By the way, he has managed this thing once, with his "sorting out" programmes he was giving away for free on /pol/, and normally charges money for.
>>
>>3045725
This is poor people logic.
After a certain point, you don't do anything for the money. There is a lot of diminishing returns, obviously.
The difference between having $50 and having $500 is huge, so many more things you can buy.
However the difference between $5 000 000 and $50 000 000 isn't that much. You don't eat better food, you don't wear nicer clothes, music isn't better, books aren't more interesting, same friends, same life.
Rich people are ideologues, they have nothing else to do. You just don't get their ideologies, since you aren't in their situation.
>>
>>3045727
no he's never done anything like this before. This isn't self help he's trying to start up his own brand of private higher education.
>>
>>3045725
the inside-dopester come to set the record straight.
>>
>>3045730
>Jordan Peterson is rich
Comfortably middle class probably, but I dont know him that well.

Also if 5,000,000 and 50,000,000 dollars was the same, why do people who are rich want to get richer? They invest and still keep jobs and earn. I think you're using poor person logic.
>>
I'm sure his heart is in the right place but I think he's somewhat overlooking the social aspect of higher education. He's very big on the promotion of the exchange of ideas but I don't think an online university would be very good at fostering that.
>>
>>3045730
>You don't eat better food, you don't wear nicer clothes
yes, you do. 5million is achievable by most people and those people are still very tight with money. They don't eat at restaurants often. Making more money is always incentivised. If you have 500mil you'll be looking at buy a jet, amazing sports cars, expensive house.
>>
>>3045751
>5million is achievable by most people

The average american earns 30-40 thousand per year, you retard.
Stop watching The O.C. thinking we are all like that.
>>
>>3045710
This'll be a scam and a fraud, like Trump University. I hope no one falls for it.
>>
he is aiming very high so it won't probably be very successful but it's a good start. even if you think the humanities in current universities are fine now (which they are not), it's about time that teaching in general evolves past the 20th century system

>>3045737
>private higher education
where did you get it would be private? i was hoping that it would be free or at least affordable for most people
>>
>>3045773
Private = owned by an actor other than the state.
Any school that isn't state owned is a private school.
>>
File: 100k.png (60KB, 379x698px) Image search: [Google]
100k.png
60KB, 379x698px
>>3045710
He needs to double his money, and he is at his peak.
Basically unless an investor forks out a few tens of thousands of dollars, this wont happen.
>>
This is exactly what the humanities need, a history course bought to you from a lecturer in a completely different field with the help of programmers and engineers.
>>
>>3045740
it isnt about becoming richer, it is about success. why do basketball players want to win a championship if they make 40 million a year?
>>
File: huh.png (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
30KB, 300x300px
>>3045710
Hasn't this been done before though? I am sure I have heard of plenty other university courses available online in the past. What makes this different?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.