[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he thinks Hiroshima was meant to intimidate Russia I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: jpg_33.jpg (10KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
jpg_33.jpg
10KB, 296x170px
>he thinks Hiroshima was meant to intimidate Russia
I remember my first history class.
>>
Nobody thinks that
And who are you quoting
>>
>>3044633
American?
>>
>>3044633
what
>>
A city destroying super weapon obviously did intimate them, hence the cold war.
>>
No but it was meant as a quick way to end the war so that Japan wouldn't fall under Soviet control.
>>
>>3044633
Allies and Germans agreed that Soviet threat was the main problem. Hiroshima was a nuke that served multiple purpose. Weapons demonstrator, ending war with Japan, threatening Soviets to back off from them trying to influence its neighbors, etc.
>>
It's a wonder that the Western KKKapitalists didn't support Germany's quest to destroy the worker's state (though they deliberately sat on their asses until 1944 to try and bleed the USSR out). Presumably Britain's balance of power bullshit.
>>
>>3044783
bleed the ussr our by sending them weapons steel and equipment, ah yes, a classic strategy
>>
>>3044633
It *partly* was, however the soviets had <10 landing craft so they couldn't really navally invade japan
>>
>>3044639
A.P. US History classes teach that shit now because of muh deeper meaning, even though the thought process behind it according to Truman himself was that he didn't want to execute a ground invasion of Japan
>>
>>3044633
So why didn't they attack Japan? Did they fear the Yellow Warrior?
>>
>>3044633
yeah nukes definitely didn't intimidate the ussr at all thats why they immediately worked to get them after they saw them in use
>>
>>3044993
Not only the yellow warrior, but also every single yellow commoner ready to die for their homeland.
>>
>>3044997
they had penetrated the us program so deep with spies that after ww2 it was just the part of getting uranium.the ussr didnt have to do any research
>>
>>3044990
No they don't. Every history class I've taken have said "we don't wanna land a million marines to slaughter 5 million civilians, so we'll bomb half a million with overwhelming force".

This is from AP History to college.
>>
Truman boasted of the US's 'secret weapon' to Stalin at Potsdam and tensions were already simmering between the two over their conflicts of interest over post-war Europe. I wouldn't try to argue that an attempt to 'intimidate' or 'impress' the USSR was a primary concern in the use of the atomic bombs, it seems as though Truman at least conceived of that potential purpose.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.