[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophy should, as far as possible, adhere to the methods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Philosophy should, as far as possible, adhere to the methods and discourses of the natural sciences
Please formulate your ideas through logic and fake math
Don’t bother the public with your research or ideas, «public intellectuals» are unprofessional clowns
Russel and Wittgenstein are very smart pals
«Let’s produce some cool research about this object or discourse straight on, no need to consider how our epistemic or ontological access to said object/discourse is grounded in human subjectivity»
I’m not normative I’m doing research here
Let’s start with objectivity and understand ourselves from there

vs

Philosophy is a fundamentally separate discipline prior to natural science, let those nerds do their own thing
In fact, scientists are naive for not understanding how the knowledge they produce is dependent on human consciousness + particular historical and ideological power structures, and philosophers are stupid for attempting to mimic their methods
What’s the point of you can’t be critical?
I’d rather write a big nice book with beautiful prose than a boring ass journal article no one’s ever gonna read
Kant and Hegel are top pals
Let’s start with the subject and try to understand the world there

Pick a side /his
>>
The first one, make more sense, the second one is pure sematics discussion and "muh point of view" so... nothing can come from that.
>>
>>3043950
Also does anyone have the analytic philosophy infographic?
>>
>>3043873
prefer the second one.

it's more honest about it's limitations, and less prone to the dick-measuring autism of "physics envy" that plague "soft sciences" (economists, sociologists, etc.)..

I don't think contradictions are a bad thing, rather they should be welcomed because we're contradictory as people.
>>
'No'
>>
>>3044604
you don't think my description of the divide is accurate?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.