[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I wrong in thinking that the American Revolution was mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2106.png (12KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2106.png
12KB, 243x243px
Am I wrong in thinking that the American Revolution was mostly "clean" on the part of the patriots? As an ameriburger i was never taught that the patriots did any sort of major war crimes or fucked up revolutionary shit like the French did a couple years later, is this true? If so why was that? To me it seems like the American Revolution was completely devoid of all the ideological dick measuring contests about "Trve Revolvtionaries" that always devolves into more bloodshed of other revolutions, has my burger education mislead me in this too?
>>
File: genocide.png (98KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
genocide.png
98KB, 225x225px
>>3041283
The creation of the US itself was a crime against humanity
>>
>>3041292
Thanks for the meme answer, but I was looking for and actual non-retarded and obviously bait answer, but again thanks anyway
>>
>>3041283
Depends, do you consider dum-dum rounds to be a war crime?
>>
>>3041311
Does anyone?
>>
>>3041283
>fucked-up revolutionary shit

That's generally what happens in actual revolutions. The Americlap revolution was more of a secession. It did nothing to fundamentally transform colonial society. In fact it probably gave new wind to a lot of reactionary elements that would have otherwise petered out under the crown: namely slavery.

The French Revolution was truly the start of a new era.
>>
>>3041319
Signatories of the Hague Convention
>>
>>3041329
>a nation using bullets that also expand when you fire them is literally the same as putting groups of ethnic minorities in camps
Bravo peace conferences
>>
>>3041364
Putting ethnic minorities into camps isn't a war crime.
>>
>>3041283
The French were revolting against their oppressors who shared their place of residence. If King George had resided in the American Colonies and the colonials had the chance you can bet he and his family would have been hanged.
>>
>>3041364
He's talking about the Hague Convention of 1899 you dumb Burger.
>>
>>3041382
But (to my knowledge, I could be wrong) there were loyalists in the colonies, but I never hear about enormous reprisals against them?
>>
>>3041283
The closest we came to that was mass deportations of loyalists to Canada, which is arguably ethnic cleansing.

t. Ameriburger who doesn't really give a fuck
>>
>>3041283

The American "revolution" was not a revolution in the same sense as the French (or Russian, or most other) revolutions. They weren't overthrowing the crown, merely seeking independence from it. And they had the recognition and support of other major powers. Both of these factors greatly reduced the need for "cleansing" type operations.

In contrast, the French a) had to actually destroy the existing power structure, and b) were completely surrounded by powerful enemies that wanted to reverse the revolution.

(Also, why single out the "patriots?" Ate you under the impression the British commited "major war crimes" against the colonists?)
>>
>>3041321
>>3041321
This tbqh
>>
>>3043001
The majority moved to Canada.
>>
>>3041283
>Am I wrong in thinking that the American Revolution was mostly "clean" on the part of the patriots?
BABBYS FIRST REAL RED PILL OUT OF /pol/

what do you think, the victors write the histories. War crimes are committed on any side in a war. It's war. If the Nazis won there would be their equivalent to Nuremberg.Look what they did to Dresden
>>
>>3041283
Execution of surrendered combatants, burning of loyalist and torie homes, storage of prisoners. Can't quite remember the place, but the basement of the continental congress held prisoners in the basement, made them shit in the corners, fester to disease, and their resolution was allowing the congress members to smoke in order to cover up the stench.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.