[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where exactly did marijuana come from? How did it get so widespread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (17KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17KB, 275x183px
Where exactly did marijuana come from? How did it get so widespread? Why is it still (Largely) illegal?
>>
File: ourguy.jpg (14KB, 448x312px) Image search: [Google]
ourguy.jpg
14KB, 448x312px
This is now a Charles thread
>>
>>3040394
do drugs, not incest
>>
>>3040390
>Cannabis is indigenous to Central and South Asia.
>t.eternal anglo.
>Dude Weeed...
>>
>>3040390
It's an opiate that grows in multiple tropical regions on the world. It's consumption can be rather harmful to the brain functions of the individual on the long term, more so when processed as it is usually found in smokes.

Although it is often argued that it is no worst than tobacco, and this is truth when it comes to self-damage, the lose state of mind that cannabis inflicts upon the user can and has resulted multiple times in the individual either turning violent and attacking people, or for him to cause injuries to people trough negligence, while driving for example.

Now fuck off you dumb druggie.
>>
>>3040390
This is a question for /an/

But it grows on the eurasian steppes as a common weed and was known all the way form the death sea to korea/joseon

it was pretty popular with iranians who developed it into hasish aka concentrated weed nectar.

>>3040943
>It's consumption can be rather harmful to the brain functions of the individual on the long term, more so when processed as it is usually found in smokes.

It's consumption is no different in terms of cummulative effects than alcohol, and will only cause damage if abused much like alcohol.

However, we don't really have any evidence of THC abuse damage because all people who are stupid enough to abuse were already quite fucked up prior hand.
>>
>>3040954
>It's consumption is no different in terms of cummulative effects than alcohol

I don't know what the effects of alcohol are, but weed is pretty harmful to the brain depending on rate of consumption. 1 smoke a day is probably worst than 7 every Friday, per say.

Also you are not implying alcohol is somehow good for you, right?
>>
>>3040962
That was one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Alcohol is much more harmful than marijuana physically.

And it's not an opiate, so I don't know what the fuck that retard above was saying.
>>
>>3040977
Weed burns your neurons. I don't know what alcohol does to your brain.
>>
>>3040390
Probably a caveman who came across the plant, touched it and got sticky hands and then nibbled the sticky shit off and was like duuuude weeeeeed in his ooga boba language.
>>
>>3040962
>>3040987
There's no evidence of weed burning your neurons.

The harmful effects of alcohol depend on age and rate of consumption. The long term effects of abuse is the cummulative weakening of the liver as alcohol will fill do some shitty reactions with it. Extreme abuse of alcohol will begin to deteriorate the brain by killing neurons

getting drunk (not pass out drunk!) once a week will do little in your 20s but will give you a serious hangover in your 50s.

Getting drunk everyday will kill your liver by that age. Getting pass out drunk everyday will kill you by the time you are 35, and so on.

Extreme alcohol consumption at a young age (early teens and pre teens) may overload and collapse your liver and have serious consequences

tl;dr don't do vices in excess.

>>3040977
hasish is not an oppiate, it's a product of cannabis, mate.

>>3040390
Because westerners saw how China got a very serious problem with oppiate addiction that noticeably harmed their economy during the century of shame and decided that any drug is equally as harmful, and we are only recently learning to separate addictive drugs from non addictive ones.
>>
>>3040943
Sorry, but not medically classified as an opiate. It is only called that because of an Act of Congress. Like much they do it has no basis in reality.
>>
File: Drugs ns shit.jpg (154KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs ns shit.jpg
154KB, 1280x800px
>>3041047
>Because westerners saw how China got a very serious problem with oppiate addiction that noticeably harmed their economy during the century of shame and decided that any drug is equally as harmful, and we are only recently learning to separate addictive drugs from non addictive ones.
Nope.jpg

If so, it took westerners 70 or so fucking years to come to that conclusion considering the Opium war was in the 50s.

In America, at least, outlawing of Narcoting substances came during the late 19th century to early 20th Century. The reason for which was due to the proliferation of medical quacks making a buck off gullible Americans using all sorts of ingredients peddling their shit in that time, narcotics most of which. This resulted to the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1914, the first of many laws that dealt against Narcotics. Fighting addiction was secondary versus curbing fake medicine, at least initially.
>>
>>3040390
India and they brought it to the West-Indies with them.
>>
>why is it banned
The USA acting autistic.
>>
>>3040943
>it's an opiate
i'm positive this board is the most low iq on all of 4chan.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.