[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Lincoln have developed and used nukes if WWII era technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter.jpg (340KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter.jpg
340KB, 1600x1000px
Would Lincoln have developed and used nukes if WWII era technology was available during the Civil War? Would any historical leader *not* use them given the opportunity for the first time?
>>
You would have to be mad to use a nuke in a civil war.
>>
>>3040278

You would have to be mad to burn down Georgia in a civil war.

But point in case, point taken. Nukes have a much more lasting cultural and physical impact and civilian death is the target.
>>
>>3040278

He was pretty desperate though, wasn't he? Plus they would be new at the time like they were at the end of WWII, so it's not like you'd have the benefit of all the many years of "atomic weapons are terrible" messages drilled into your head.
>>
Lincoln believed in reintegration of the south in a way that allowed their government to remain pro confederate and not have to swear loyalty to the US following the war. So I doubt he would have the guts to rain nuclear hell fire upon what he saw as misguided American brothers.
>>
>>3040595
>He was pretty desperate though, wasn't he?
How was he desperate? When was the north ever at risk of defeat?
>>
>>3040190
Would Lincoln use nukes on his own countrymen? I doubt it very much.
>>
File: RexAmericanus.png (75KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
RexAmericanus.png
75KB, 320x320px
>>3042336
CSA
>Draw out war with Yanks until they let us secede
>Conquer Mexico
> Conquer Cuba
> Conquer all the way to Panama
>Build Empire of plantations: cotton, coffee, chocolate, sugar
>Pour money into R&D
>All talent in Yank territory flow South
>CSA build Panama Canal: 1881
>CSA invents the telephone: 1882
>CSA invents the lightbulb: 1885
>CSA invents the radio set: 1892
>USA left in the dust
>CSA declares war on USA for interfering with merchant ships to Europe: 1904
>CSA rolls proto-tanks into Virginia
>Lincoln recalled to the Presidency at age 94
>Like Quintus Fabius, Lincoln tries for attrition
>CSA too powerful, supply lines are unbroken
>Battle for Richmond: CSA victory, USA lost over 80% of troops. Papers calling it a modern Cannae
>Pony Express (since USA passed a law banning the use of goods made in the CSA) delivers the news to Lincoln
>Lincoln dies in shock
>USA utterly depressed in morale
>CSA continues to advance
>Taking Washington DC
>Philadelphia
>New York
>Boston
>West theater opens, CSA conquers California and the Plains States
>CSA establishes new rule, creates the largest ethnostate in the Americas (From Maine to Panama)
>Era of Prosperity graces the country. Historians today call it the Pax Davisia
>>
>>3042378
Nice LARP
>>
>>3042378
THIS IS WHY I COME TO /his/

E P I C
>>
>>3042434
THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO RED DIT
>>
>>3042378
except none of that would work. The entire reason the confederate states seceded was because they were rapidly becoming both politically and economically irrelevant as the industrial revolution made their slave labor economy totally obsolete(and anti-slavery movements and classical liberalism in general started in the privileged, rich industrialized regions, what a surprise) and they had neither the employable population, the infrastructure or the floating cash to modernize themselves. They chose rebellion and being their own nation over being an utterly irrelevant backwater.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.