[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a morbid topic, can we talk about West Africa and their Voodoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 72ocv.jpg (140KB, 1200x875px) Image search: [Google]
72ocv.jpg
140KB, 1200x875px
On a morbid topic, can we talk about West Africa and their Voodoo Alternate personalities?

A friend of mine was studying horticulture in West Africa back in the seventies. He told me that he wanted to take in the local cultures, he went to Vodun markets and such and he somehow got invited to stay at this woman's house. Everything was going fine at first until her baby started crying, and she wasn't doing anything about it. He said the poor thing was covered in shit, and she just started wailing on it. Then that night she tried to attack him the same way but he was stronger so he could hold her back, then he left and had to walk two miles where he slept at a bar stool. He later learned about Voodoo alters, where they will take something minute, like an unexpected joke, and take it as a form of bewitching and completely change. One moment they are nice and calm, the next, fucking bush warrior.

Can anyone help me understand more about this?
He had more, but he really doesn't like looking back on those days.

Pic somewhat unrelated.
>>
>>3036945
Maybe /pol/ is right about black people.
>>
drugs are usually hell of a drug to escape reality

theres no vodoo magic, just crackheads amusing foreigners
>>
>>3036945

thats usualy a result of trauma, or its some clusterfuck of mental disorder simptoms popping up

people living in deregulated conditions of poverty and frequent violence tend to get veird and crazy
>>
Im usually the humanist on /his/ but fuck me, sometimes I think colonialism shouldnt have ended when it did
>>
>>3036988
Vodun as the culture,
Not the religion or magic.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.