[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is forgiveness? What does it imply? Those problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: mercy.jpg (42KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
mercy.jpg
42KB, 480x800px
What exactly is forgiveness? What does it imply? Those problems beyond our reach, the ones we can absolutely do nothing about and still affect us every day, is it possible to forgive them even if they're not conscious entities? How does one come to terms with them?
>>
>>3034004
Forgiveness is restoring harmony in creation, in this particular sense in soul of a human.
You can't have forgiveness without change of heart and willing to be a better man. Then God helps you in becoming this better man, which in turn brings harmony to the world. And all will be peaceful.
>>
>>3034036
I just can't bring myself to believe this. How can someone have compassion? It seems that's a quality only God can have.
>>
>>3034067
>How can someone have compassion?
what?
Plenty of people have compassion. You don't? That would mean you're a psychopath.
>>
>>3034075
Do they?

Have they ever thought of what their partner would think about their sexual history? Have they truly thought of all the pain of others that could have been avoided if they had just been a little less selfish? Truly most people don't give a shit about this.

I've thought of these things, and i believed they were right, but they don't seem to be. Anywhere i look, it's as if i had been doing the wrong all the time, and that i believed bullshit like a madman over nothing. Who am i to forgive? Them or myself? I can't bring myself to do it, i can't feel it. I've never caused harm, and nothing but harm has been paid to me. How do i forgive them, how do i forgive myself? It feels as if doing that is like death in a way. I fear death, i fear what i find beyond life will only be worse.
>>
>>3034091
>Truly most people don't give a shit about this.
Having compassion doesn't mean they are compassionate all the times.

>Have they ever thought of what their partner would think about their sexual history?
And why should a partner know everything if we all know that this kind of knowledge isn't very pleasant?

>Anywhere i look, it's as if i had been doing the wrong all the time, and that i believed bullshit like a madman over nothing
So? It's common impression about reality. You're not the first one nor the last one who have those thoughts.

>I can't bring myself to do it, i can't feel it.
It's ok, baby steps. I don't know what are you talking about - what kind of wrongs would you have to forgive.

>I've never caused harm
Well... let's be honest, we all harm other people sometimes. That's part of life.

>and nothing but harm has been paid to me
So you present yourself as a martyr now? I bet you had some good times too, and you met kind people also.

>How do i forgive them, how do i forgive myself?
It depends on what do you have to forgive.
>>
File: 1496262333127.jpg (278KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
1496262333127.jpg
278KB, 400x565px
>>3034067
God is like the last being I would ever think of as having compassion
>>
>>3034004
Dalai Lama suggests one cultivates compassion. The general instruction is to think of somebody that you love, perhaps recall an instance of when you acted kindly to them unconditionally. Or when you received compassion and forgiveness and how that felt. Then linger on that feeling, just attending to it. Recall and renew if/when it fades. With continuous practise it becomes more readily available to you, and you may move on to include people that you do not love, but enjoy, and feel compassion for them. You keep doing this, step by step, from lovers to friends to strangers and finally to enemies.
And of course, curiosity is an enabler of compassion because compassion means in part to understand the other.
>>
>>3035539
This sounds helpful. Reminds me of that conditioning treatment psychologists use sometimes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.