[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>Go to really nice looking cathedral in town >There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: saint anne's cathedral.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
saint anne's cathedral.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>Go to really nice looking cathedral in town
>There's a fucking giftshop in it
>They're also literally charging you to look around

Anglicanism.
Not even once.
>>
>>3033640

Cathedrals and churches are expensive to maintain. To the tune of several thousand a day.
>>
>>3033640
I think the major ones are free, but the more minor ones are self-funded, so you can't really begrudge them their continued existence and upkeep.
>>
>>3033659
What is a purpose of a cathedral? Why someone can't pray on a hill or a small mountain, created, as they think, by God, instead of using a house created by humans?
>>
>>3033692
Priest said so, fedora cuck.
>>
>>3033692

they're testaments to the ingenuity and accomplishment of mankind

even if we all unanimously decided there was no God it would be worth preserving cathedrals as cultural treasures
>>
>>3033692
art
>>
>>3033703
this. but for god's sake find a different way to maintain it than a fucking gift shop
>>
cathredals should be owned by the state and funded with tax money
>>
File: 6796317504_bfdd6bb78b_b.jpg (627KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
6796317504_bfdd6bb78b_b.jpg
627KB, 1024x640px
>>3033640
>Go to really nice looking cathedral in town
>There's a shop where you can buy candles in it
>There's a gallery of Icons in the crypt bellow it
>Ask a really polite abbot if I could go to the bell tower
>He says it's off limits but leads me there anyway.
>No charge whatsoever

Why is Orthodoxy so biased /his/?
>>
>>3033861
>biased
You mean based?
>>
>>3033692
to create AWE
>>
>>3033873
Yeah, obviously "based" isn't a word my auto correct is familiar with so "biased" it is
>>
>>3033720
>Find a different way than a gift shop
I'm sure they're open to suggestions oh wise one.
>>
>>3033640
It's £10 to enter York Minster
I heard £18 for St Paul's

A woman on Tripadvisor has written a review for York Minster, claiming a worker there said "Catholic Churches get funding from Rome!"
That made me laugh, and I'm an Anglican (thinking of going full-Papist though)

They say it's for people who're there to admire the architecture, etc, not the devotees, but it makes you feel compelled to give donations

Also, as a minority church, surely they should be making themselves attractive to Catholics/Orthodox/etc?

They're between the devil and the deep blue sea - too liberal and progressive to be even considered Christian, but too conservative for da yoof. Visiting an Anglican church is like attending a tea party for gays and grannies. It's all OAPs and camp vicars. I've even heard some of them discuss whether God even exists, as if that's normal for a man peddling God's [apparently] divine word.
>>
>>3033861
>go to the small town church
>a little shop that sells icons and candles too
>greeted by the priest who knows me since I was born
>knows my family and pretty much everyone in town
>talk to him about collage and how I'm doing there
>gives me a small wooden cross and tells me it will help me study
>I thank him

Ah Orthodoxy
>>
as I understand it european churches don't have much in the way of parishioners so of course there isn't anyone that feels compelled to support their upkeep
>>
>>3033640

Dude if this is St Anne's in Belfast let me tell you a tale

Be me
>Christian
>Hard 5 years
>Dad gets sick
>Church goes through civil war
>Get dumped
>Missionary work dream falls apart.
>Pretty much collapse mentally
>Stumble into St Annes for solace
>Go to the chapel of unity
>Literally cry my self hoarse
>Pray and ask God for strenght
>Visit St Annes habitually
>Pray and give God thanks
>Get new GF
>Want to propose somewhere special
>St Anne's
>Buy ring get dressed up real nice
>Enter St Annes
>About to take her into the chapel of unity to propose
>Palms are sweaty etc
>Some guy "Er you need to pay."
>COSTS ME 20 NOTES TO PROPOSE
>Says yes tho
>>
Churches of historical or artistic significance should get some kind of state maintenance grants.
>>
File: 1498440662833.png (151KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498440662833.png
151KB, 500x360px
High Anglican reporting in. OP is a butt mad papist
>>
>>3033958
different anon but they could improve their evangelism so people would freely choose to tithe them
>>
>>3036253
That pic is missing the Anglican priest's boyfriend.
>>
>>3036262

Good point. I'll update the pic so that the Anglican has a boyfriend... oh and I might as well throw in the little boy that the papist is molesting as well!
>>
>>3035613
glad it worked out anon
>>
>>3036289
AND IT WAS PREDESTINED THAT THE DISSENTERS WOULD REMAIN PURE.
>>
>>3036230
Oy vey, that would violate the separation of church and state goy!
>>
>>3033640
It is expensive and they aren't aided like the Catholic Church is.
>>
>>3036635
That's what they get for being schismatics.
>>
>>3036262
and his boyfriend's wife's son
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.