[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The European civil war... The great catastrophe... A top-3 most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: asdfadfasd.png (1MB, 1906x918px) Image search: [Google]
asdfadfasd.png
1MB, 1906x918px
The European civil war...
The great catastrophe...
A top-3 most significant geopolitical event of modernity (the other two being the rise of Asia and the development of nuclear weapon systems)...

Almost no matter how much importance is given to World War One, its importance is STILL underestimated. The fire that began in August 1914 prevented old Europe from transitioning civilly into some version of modernity and instead led to the rise of fascism and communism, a development that killed perhaps more than 100 million people.

The entire period from 1914 to 1980 or so must be seen, in some sense as a single continuous disaster — oneincluding the two great wars and the periods of totalitarian collectivist butchery in Nazi-occupied Europe, the USSR, China, Korea, Cambodia, Vietnam, and other places. World War 2 was just the period of greatest military activity in this span... the butchery itself continued and only tapered out slowly as both the Soviet and Asian communist totalitarianisms eventually burned out and began to liberalize.
>>
>>3032589
Actually, I should say, the Eurasian civil war.
>>
OP, you are not as smart as you think you are and your thread is shit.
>>
>>3032601
I'm just pointing out that there's not enough analysis on this board of this entire period as one continuous event.
>>
>>3032605
Yes, because it is a stupid idea. Europe is heterogeneous as it can be and so are the conflicts of that time period.
>>
>>3032640
Perhaps you are taking what happened as given rather than imagining possible alternatives. I speculate that Europe could have avoided the conflict and entered modernity peacefully. Yes, there were multiple conflicts. But it is the collapse of the old European system in 1914 that opened the door to those conflicts. Certainly some conflicts would have happened one way or another. However, had the war between the Central Powers and the Entente never erupted, it may have been possible for Europe to weather the collapse of the Tsarist government without losing Russia to totalitarianism. And certainly Nazism would not have happened.
>>
>>3032589
Europhiles when will they learn..
>>
>>3032589
August the 6th, 8.15 am 1945, an atomic bomb was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima, on innocent people. An unneccessary act of mass murder perpetrated by the airforce of the united states government, a bomb dropped on to innocent people in houses and schools below. Once again we see through looking and studying history that governments and 'leaders' are the problem, they lead obedient men to do acts of evil in the name of defence or 'patriotism'. I think the world needs to be less obedient. Kill one person and its murder, kill thousands and its foreign policy and you will win a medal from a dignitary or the queen. Keep reading...

Its time to learn from past wars and to stop waving flags in military parades forever and to stop feeling all choked up with a hollywood type sadness and nostalgia about what you think war is ,because you've watched a few war movies !!!....because war is really legalised mass murder. Never forget history yes for sure....but learn from it and dont be so eager to go out and kill for your country which ever country you are from. Your government will lie to you, whichever country you are from using propoganda and the mass media to shape your opinions.

Yes hitler and company needed stopping, no one is arguing against that, our lesson now though as a world is to learn from the past, and make wars less. I dont see that going on, i see men still arguing over religion, over land: think israel etc, and i see governments going to war and invading other countyries over resources like oil etc and lying to us the people, while it is MOSTLY INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT ARE KILLED IN THESE WARS.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.