[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone begun watching Prof. Peterson's Biblical ser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Has anyone begun watching Prof. Peterson's Biblical series? Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w
>>
>>3025554

First off, criticisms.

1. He rambles faaar too much and is in a serious need of sticking to some freaking bullet points. I don't know if this holds true for his lectures (I've only really read his book), but he is scatterbrained as all hell, and you can't escape the notion that he feels the need to expand on every idea that he feels in impulse. For this reason, you feel that this series will only be good after someone takes the scissors and paste approach of JUST cutting out the bits where he interprets the lines. I get that he has to expand here and there, but its like every time he talks he has to lay out the entirety of Maps of Meaning.

2. You can tell the public attention is starting to get to his ego. He begins the Cain & Abel lecture by both comparing himself to Socrates and then reading a letter where some degenerate hippy chick called him a shaman. He's reveling in it and I hope this doesn't permanently alter his behavior.

3. His same tendencies toward BSing shit he doesn't know about (this really comes out in the Q&As at the end) tend to hurt the overall message

That said,

When he is illustrating the passages, I'm quite entranced. Ever since reading Tolstoy's Gospels in Brief where T. kinda does the same but with the New Testament, I've felt the impulse to read into the Bible in the same archetypal manner. But here already we have someone who has passionately read the work in a manner that for me feels like reading the stories for the first time. Gorgeous stuff, and honestly a takeaway I might find hard to top.

In essence:
"There's the Fall into history, and then there's the discovery of sacrifice as a medication of the Fall. And then there's a counterposition which is the emergence of malevolence as the enemy of sacrifice"
>>
File: 1488269585256.jpg (219KB, 1026x548px) Image search: [Google]
1488269585256.jpg
219KB, 1026x548px
they're really comfy desu
>>
JP is Reddits guy. He even did an "AMA" on Reddit that I was linked to because I am not a Le Dditer.
I think you Reddit using fuckers need to shut up about your idol.
>>
>>3025642
settle down, /leftypol/
>>
>>3025665
He's right.
>>
>>3025822
Reddit is extremely white and based then, so it's cool.
>>
>>3025829
Awesome, maybe you should go back then.
>>
>>3025638
What does Judaism have?
Faust?
>>
>>3025850
But I've never been there before.
>>
>>3025889
It sounds so "awesome" and "white" though. You should probably go there.
>>
>>3025962
>>3025889
you're both retards
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.