[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it's logical to fall in love? Shouldn't you instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: unspecified_600.png (133KB, 600x1003px)
unspecified_600.png
133KB, 600x1003px
Is it's logical to fall in love? Shouldn't you instead of irrational feelings pursuit a life of virtue and the spiritual enlightenment?
>>
>>3025280
Why would it be irrational to follow your nature? Humans are pair-bonding mammals.
>>
>>3025284
You mean polygamian ones? Love is meme invented by medieval Christians.
>>
>>3025280
According to Vedic scriptures the highest spiritual platform is achieving God Consciousness by divine love of God. This spiritual platform of union with the Para Brahman is higher merging with the impersonal Brahman efflugence, which is what most people believe enlightenment or Moksha to be. While the scriptures sanction marriages and it's still possible to hold a marriage and progress spiritually, it's prohibited for those who have renounced life, the sannyasas. This is because material love results in an entangling relationship and family that can stall and slow spiritual practice. Additionally, the desire for love of another being is nothing more than an imperfect reflection of ones dormant love of God. Thus sannyasas are perfectly contented and without desire for a woman because they experience the divine love of God.
>>
Asceticism is for plebs
>>
>>3025280

TELL ME, ACCORDING TO YOU, HOW IS DISREGARDING LOVE FOR BEING IRRATIONAL CONSISTENT WITH YOUR PURPOSE OF ACHIEVING SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT, AN IRRATIONAL STATUS?
>>
>>3025343
Serial monogmists at worse.
For the most part humans like to form bonds that's why the hormone oxytocin exists. Look it up.
I would say we practice either or depending on the situation and more importantly, the culture since we are so flexible mentally.
>>
>>3025343

That's some other apes, not humans.

Gorilla - every female with one or two alpha males, no cheating

Chimp - every female with the alpha males, every female cheats other males

Bonobo - everyone does it with everyone

Orangutan - stalking followed by rape

Human - you cheat on me and I cheat on you or we stay faithful
>>
File: JosephusVenus2.png (2MB, 1476x873px) Image search: [Google]
JosephusVenus2.png
2MB, 1476x873px
>>3025280
>Is it's logical to fall in love? Shouldn't you instead of irrational feelings pursuit a life of virtue and the spiritual enlightenment?

How are these things incompatible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdFGljGYKsk
>>
File: the N man.jpg (14KB, 220x294px) Image search: [Google]
the N man.jpg
14KB, 220x294px
And here we see a typical example of the Last Man.

Passions have become alien to him and he views his instincts as a puzzle to be solved. Even worst, he is boring.
>>
Knowledge is rational, understanding is emotional.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.