[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is AncestryDNA worth it if you want to explore your genetic heritage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: AncestryDNA.jpg (1MB, 2724x2671px)
AncestryDNA.jpg
1MB, 2724x2671px
Is AncestryDNA worth it if you want to explore your genetic heritage? How accurate does it tend to be?
>>
this belongs on /sci/. /his/ is not full of biologist or geneticists who work with things like this everyday or ever have.
if you want to spend $70 or more just to figure out who your family fucked generations,ago to bring you into the world go ahead, just know you are putting money into my their pockets and not gaining anything of actual value to your life.
sage.
>>
>>3024233
Don't pay attention to this passive-aggressive reply OP.

If you're interested in your genealogy and want to learn more it is pretty useful. AncestryDNA is quite limiting if you care about information like Haplogroups, or health related data.

I think companies like 23andme have more people on them, so the relative finder tool can be quite useful, and you can download the data and upload it to gedmatch.

I'm not sure if you can do that with AncestryDNA.
>>
This tempts me, but what information do they actually give you, and how do they present it? It feels very lackluster to just return a list of percentages of what places you belonged to.

Does it do any more?
>>
>>3024281
23andme is especially useful if you want health related data. I know Ancestry gives you a list of people who are found to share your DNA.
>>
Family tree DNA is supposed to be the best.

I dunno if I am ever going to do it but if I did I'd go with that one.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.