[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Gorbachev do wrong? In my view, if he was going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: monkey.jpg (88KB, 634x892px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
88KB, 634x892px
What did Gorbachev do wrong?

In my view, if he was going to attempt reforms, he needed to go further. He tried to meander between reform and keeping the Soviet Union, which just alienated both sides and lead to collapse
>>
He was somewhat friendly with the United States and Russians HATE Americans
>>
>>3021825
While he externally did a lot of retarded shit (conceding a lot to US/NATO while not having them concede much in return), I don't view that as being too related to why the Soviet Union collapsed
>>
>>3021821
First of all you should determine his goals. If it was breakup - he was excellent.
>>
>>3021821
He was weak. Too weak. The USSR needed someone like Stalin or Peter the Great but instead it got a weak man who couldn't control the country. Most of his reforms were rushed too.
>>
He allowed public criticism first and engaged in the reforms second. Should be in reverse order or else people chimp out about bullshit, like reforms being too radical, not radical enough, etc.
>>
When Gorbachov got the power, the USSR-train was already driving to hell. There's nothing he would do to fix USSR.
>>
>>3023319
> it got a weak man
Gorbachev was the master of a consensus. This is why nomenclature choose him because he was on good terms with anyone like they choose Brezhnev before him as the compromise figure, who wouldn't go too hard on anyone. So he did who he did best and tried to make thinks better for many people as possible. The party is to blame for choosing him to lead, he wasn't elected and he wasn't the monarch.
>>
Gorby was just a man with a strong sense of justice who realized the continued existence of the USSR was not worth its price in blood
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.