[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any thoughts on this /his/? I wrote this: Redpill on archi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

Any thoughts on this /his/?

I wrote this:

Redpill on architecture. I don't know what to take from this honestly. Do we promote buiildings that allow individuality? Like the philosophy of houses in neighborhoods to the degree they are allowed individualism? Is there a line? We can't argue that neighborhoods or even tower apartments haven't changed our society. A good debate should be on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GapUEKYLE1o
>>
Perhaps architecture needs a broader look at how the building helps humans live? Like more aesthetic reasons? There needs to be unity of design? Maybe there should be themes of city with individualism inside that theme. Because there is a promotion of thematics it helps the mental aspect of being human in a big city?
>>
While he has some points, I can't get over the whole "angry rant" ridiculous approach he has, and how that lunatic believes that postmodern is some kind of secret government program to turn us into submissive slaves.
I don't like a lot of newer architecture just like I don't like postmodernist art. But that guy clearly just watched a couple of documentaries and acts outraged.
>>
Need more comfy midrise, mixed zoning places with no cars.
>>
>>3021930
I agree that's a good point. He's trying to push a single viewpoint through a lot of lenses and he's pretty fanatic about it. At the end he does say it's not meant to be simply railing for traditionalism but against post modernist thought in anything it inhabits.

He's got a good way of connecting the dots in that sense but it does make the analysis of architecture by itself, removing his commentary about post modernism, a little underwhelming. Still I got a lot out of it and it took me a bit to understand exactly what he was railing against but I got it in stages and am happy the conversation has progressed to architecture.

>>3021951
This
>>
>>3021930
>how that lunatic believes that postmodern is some kind of secret government program to turn us into submissive slaves.
It's not secret at all though? Read any architectural theory?
>>
I don't like what post-modernism did to architecture
I don't like buildings being torn down for soulless replacements because of "cost" or other silly reasons
I don't like cities and zoning actively messing with or preventing architecture projects
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.