[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does everyone know Ottoman Empire? How important is Ottoman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Does everyone know Ottoman Empire? How important is Ottoman Empire in history?
>>
>>3019816
Yes, anyone vaguely familiar with the history of the last 700 years knows of the Ottoman Empire.
>>
>>3019816
Even though I'm a a Byzaboo, they're kind of cool imo, at least they left the city of Constantine in a better state than they found it (can't say the same for the L*tins) but the T*rkposters ruined it.
After Vienna it was pretty irrelevant, though.
>>
>>3019816
They were a major military power for most of modern history
The reason why mediterranean trade became irrelevant
Impact on the balkans
I think that's it
>>
>>3019816
They possibly helped caused the renaissance because the conquest of Constantinople forced many Byzantine scholars and intellectuals to flee to Italy
>>
>>3019898
Turkish guy here. I can confirm this. Moreover, if this wouldn't happen Catholic church would probably destroy all of the values which makes Europe, Europe.
>>
>>3019816
Its sad that Seljuks and Gokturks were far superior to Ottomans, but our fetish are these fucking Slavrapers.

t. Turk
>>
>>3019928
>>3019898
This has always confused me. Is it implied that these great people weren't utilitised in their home, but when they flee into foreign nations they are a catalyst for radical change? Why didn't the renaissance spread from Constantinople prior to it's fall?
>>
>>3019977
How though? Gokturks are just typical horse niggers and Seljuks are not that relevant culturally and politically compared to Ottomans, and I'm saying this as a person who hates you roaches
>>
The most unaesthetic empire in history. Someone should have told those faggots not to blob.
>>
>>3020075
Are you talking about thier borders? They are actully pretty aesthetic if you overlay that map onto a tropgrapghical landform+biotype map, lines up nicely with natural boundaries
>>
>>3020012
Why do you hate them?
>>
>>3019977
It conquered three small slavic kingdoms
>>
>Lost an expansion war to Ethiopia

Makes them shit in my mind
>>
>>3019816
The ottomans indirectly shaped tyre modern world I'm pretty sure

They blocked Europe of from the Indian spice trade, leaving the continent out of the luxury of land routes from India, this made Portugal pissed af so they said fuck it we'll just go around Africa to get our shit

This was hugely successful, they had to pay no handling costs from other nations and our spread Portuguese influence in Africa and Asia

Seeing the success of the Portuguese exploration and trade, the rest of western Europe wanted to do the same and did, which also lead to Christopher Columbus wanting to make a shortcut going West to go east and oops, a new world

You guys know what happened after that, and it was all caused by the ottomans using their geographical position between the middle East and Europe to cut Christianity off from the luxury of Indian spiciness
>>
>>3019816
I know about as do a lot of other people.

It is very important in history, even if it's an antagonist to other people like Europeans.
>>
>>3021889
So which is, it blocked trade or had 'handling costs'? And how was it stricter than the Mamlukes/Seljuks' trade? Get the story straight

And by Christianity I think you mean Christendom since the Malabar Coast itself had many Christians.
>>
>>3021909
Before Turkey decided to block the trade, the trade was land based, follow the geography and you'll see what I'm talking about

The Indians hand spices to the Persians, then the Persians to the ottomans, then the ottomans to central Europe, then central Europe to western Europe. By the time Portugal got it the spices were 10x more expensive then they were in India

Then the ottomans wanting to spite the Christendom (thank you for the correction) decided to stop handing spices to them through trade and then Portugal going around Africa you know the rest
>>
>>3021933
hell no, why would they stop a profitable trade route that has been going on for centuries? i hate this stupid memes and the retards that keeps spouting it, european states notably are still able to deal within the ottoman porte, the decline of the mediteraneans was caused by piracy and the portuguese opening new route

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ragusa#Ottoman_suzerainty
>>
>>3019842
those posters are always baiting and never serious
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.